Hi.... i want to write fictional novels, can you guys help me get started?

hi.... i want to write fictional novels, can you guys help me get started?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/writing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With what do you need help?

What kind of face is she making? Can someone describe it?

mainly on how to write good prose, i have some interesting ideas and characters i want to explore but so far i've only bullet-pointed my concepts and ideas

You have to read and write, there's no other tricks. Read and write.

>Write using physical medium, and try to write every day.
>Don't review or proofread any of your work until at least a week after you have written it. Power forwards and don't let doubt or worry paralyze.
>When you do, try reading it aloud to find out what parts sound stilted or awkward and revise those parts.
That's all I can give you.

Not op, but saving that for later. Seems legit.

Can confirm: especially when it comes to editing on the fly. Short version: don't fucking do it. It's poison. It allows doubt to seep in. You can only fix the words once they're on the page. That said, I'd give it 48 hours instead of a week for proofreading. I would only ever wait a week if I was starting another draft, of which you should be doing many.

Here's some practice: write 1,000 words about the edge of a dime.

How often do you shave your head?

eager

On word, you can convert highlighted text to spoken word on itunes really easily, and I find this helps because the robot won't read things the way you want it to be read.

WRITE write WRITE write WRITE

that's all there is too it

>Here's some practice: write 1,000 words about the edge of a dime.

very good advice, take an object and "draw" it using words

She isn't exactly sure what's about to happen. While she isn't quite prepared to run away just yet, the visible fear in her eyes couldn't be more obvious to a well-adjusted social individual.

reddit.com/r/writing/

you have to go back

1. think of a scene.

2. describe it.

3. read it back. does it make you want to throw the book across the room? go back to step 2.

4. does it advance the story at all? if not, go back to step 1.

5. repeat until famous

>describe a scene

i know it'd be faster to exchange steps 3 and 4, but this way forces you to practice.

style? get the basics down first, then worry about style.

He knew they meant well, but they couldn't know how the pain inside tore him apart. It was like living flame, and despite his desire to keep from upsetting them, his face showed it. He could feel the tears beginning at the corners of his eyes, and his mouth began to relax out of the fatuous grin he'd settled on and within seconds it'd be a grief mask.

I wish I could reach the level of pseud that Vonnegut was on

remove the need for every comma.

fuck you, you will take my commas from my COLD DEAD HANDS when i LET YOU. what next, you're going to accuse me of "reddit paragraph spacing?" call me a cuck?

i don't agree with much of the advice in that, but the next best image i had to post wasn't suitable for a blue board.

Not very good, man. Cut out your commas and adverbs. Also try not to use pretentious words like fatuous.
It’s very reddit right now, but you can make it better by simplifying it.

hello everyone i have a dick above my balls