How many of you Veeky Forumsfags play an instrument?

How many of you Veeky Forumsfags play an instrument?

Classical guitarist master race reporting in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C12tlQp3yFw
youtube.com/watch?v=w6acJJ-3Ag4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I play the uke to get pussy on the beach.
Make bitches think I'm Vance Joy.

I used to play guitar, bass, drums, banjo and flute. But these days the only one I really even touch is my classical guitar.

Classical guitar, trombone, and harmonica.

Can I learn myself to guitar good?

I don't want to sing or play vulgar minstrel horseshit pop culture faggot music. I don't want to learn tabs or skip to strumming three chords. I want to learn properly classical guitar and play beautiful Bach and maybe some music from a Zelda game.

Guitar, drums, learning piano, and some more obscure stuff

I just got a classical guitar and I've been playing bach's lute suites. Makes playing guitar almost as fun as drums. What are your favorite songs to play?

No. You need a teacher--they know what they're doing and you'll spend 5 years correcting bad habits.

Just get lessons if you can afford them in place of a weekly McDonalds meal.

I play harmonica and sing.

t. music pseud

>flute
v nice

Trombone, trumpet, euphonium, tuba, horn, piano, harmonica

Guitar and flute

professional violist here

unaccompanied Bach sounds best on guitar imho, I'm super jelly

Piano and bass, jazz and classical for both.

Guitar drums and piano. Want to learn others but poorfag

only patrician instrument:
youtube.com/watch?v=C12tlQp3yFw

Harp

that's beautiful user, what's the instrument?

Just learned the Tango Maria; Any recommendations as to what i should be learning next?

capricho árabe

Or lágrima, if you want something simpler first

guitar (and bass) and piano. i am a competent drummer as well but i don't own a kit. not anymore.

Classical violin, and fiddle music (I'm from a country town).

I'm no longer in an orchestra, but I have no time for it :/. Thankfully I still play often

I play the guitar as well. I had two months of classes before I moved to another town, then I learned a bit from playing with a couple of friends who had a taste for blues. It's only now that I'm really getting into it though, I basically just look for tabs and chords and play whatever song I like if it's not too hard, I can learn how to play by ear if the song is very simple, but I'm not very good at it.

I love classical guitar though and managed to play some Bach (Watchet Auf, Bouree, Jesu), one or two Sor studies, etc. I play them by taking it from tabs and listening to others play on youtbe, as I can't read musical sheets. I depend on the quality of the tabs, I know. They sound good to my ears but I think I have plenty of bad habits from being an (almost) autodidact.

Do you have any recommendation, links, or resources that could help me out? I don't have the money to pay a teacher because I have other priorities, guitar is just a hobby to me.

What symphony are you with?

I play the guitar. Mostly Beatles and Bob Dylan songs though. Played for 11 years now.

Neat

classtab.org for tabs!

I used to post my singing and playings on Veeky Forums--you guys liked it back then.

I don't know who inhabits this place anymore...it got wayyy more /pol/-tier than perviously (which makes me extremely happy).

I play the piano

>Playing the guitar
Fucking plebs

Make sure you're absolutely familiar with staff. Most classical music is written in staff so get used to the format. Write out flashcards with all 1st position natural notes on them and learn where they are. It isn't too difficult to get the hang of, honestly.

Make sure you're playing with the correct fingers. Fret no. should be the same as the finger you use to hold down that fret in the first position. Try to find sheets with P-I-M-A fingering marked on them to get used to the fingerstyle of classical guitar.

Other things such as musical rhythm and dynamics come later, but it's a good idea to get used to them now. Try to play with a metronome at a slow BPM to get used to things, primarily with pieces in common time or 3/4. Try to learn some musical scales and use them to practice dynamics.

Some people might disagree with my advice or think it's stupid but that's just how I got started with it all. pls don't bash

i play the tenor saxophone as a hobby, but not well

Trombone, tin whistle, piano, electric and acoustic guitar. I'd like to pick up the kinnor.

I play cello and ukulele. I bought a melodica when I was drunk once, but that's more of a party thing for me.

>I bought a melodica when I was drunk once
Story of ANYONE's melodica

I've been playing clarinet for about 11 years now. I sing in a men's choir too

Yeah pretty much

Holy shit, great link user, thanks.
(it's so simple lel)

I'll try using the metronome. I found sheets with fingering marks and they have been pretty useful, I even went back to music I couldn't play before just because I was getting the fingers all wrong. I have a crude notion of the notes, but it's hard to transpose to the guitar, there are a lot of things to learn at once to make it sound good, so I usually just play tabs without even knowing the notes I'm playing (of course I know them if I pay attention, but I "think in finger positions", you know).

Thanks for the advice user!

Campfire-guitar; I prefer singing so put effort in that and not in doing anything more then strumming chords

Flute. Used play in a jazz band. Nowadays I just play alone when I'm drunk.

Do you have advice on singing user? I'm very shy when it comes to that and just now I'm starting to sing the songs I like while playing the guitar. When other people are around I either can't sing or I sing badly and nervously or with no volume. It's a huge barrier for me.

lmao
what am I, a normie?

I've got nylon strings, yes I do.
If you want steel I'm not for you.
Grow your nails and cut your hair
Watch out for flowers 'cause the pot's right there.

I can appreciate the classical guitar but pic related is the real master race

Really?
Where did you find that Microsoft Encarta!
HACHACHACHACHACHA!!!!

>not the patrician instrument

I play upright bass and cello.
Anyway, how is this related to literature? Fucking awful thread, go to /mu/ if you want to discuss this garbage.

>go to /mu/ to find out who plays an instrument on Veeky Forums

brilliant

Trumpet, trombone, and Euphonium

I've got the trifecta of guitar, bass, and piano.

Violin a couple years. IMSLP is a god send for public domain music

>Yfw shostakovich's music will all be available for free in 10 years.

>Shostakovich

literally fuck the fuck off

Piano, guitar, tenor sax and a tiny bit of clarinet
Also this

Post-African rhythmic phrase tube

I can play anything

shhhhhh off-topic threads like these are the best threads of all Veeky Forums

how is knowing about Veeky Forums's preferences about music instruments relevant at all to the thematic of this board?
off-topic threads are good sometimes, but this one is shit

I play guitar and drums. I've dabbled in violin and piano.

>secretly, I want to play the harp or lyre

>but this one is shit
Nah, there's good discussion going on here. Piss off.

I used to play the clarinet.

That's some nice relaxing music
I think it's a zither

That's a woman's instrument.

i am mainly a classical pianist, but also play double bass
or bass guitar in my jazz band and sing in the bass/tenor range (though i have been working on a stronger falsetto)

Harmonica for shits and gigs, the electric guitar to play my favorite anime songs and weeb music in general. I used to play thrash before

Acoustic and electric guitar, some piano, trumpet, and trying to learn a bit of flute.

Acoustic, electric, and bass guitars.
Piano, organ, keyboard, midi controllers.
Trumpet, sax, cello, violin.
>And your mother's wet cunt, you ultrafaggot.

Electric guitar here, and no I'm not a power chord faggot, currently preparing for an audition. When I have the opportunity I plan to learn some other instruments as well, including classical guitar(although I can play it on a pedestrian manner) Are you a pro OP?

Double bass quite well, and a smattering of instruments with varying degrees of incompetence: guitar, piano, pennywhistle, concertina, and alto sax.

I play banjo

/mu/ is a fucking joke

I've been playing the oboe for 15 years.

Cello and piano. Not much of a performer but I've always wanted to be the soloist for this
youtube.com/watch?v=w6acJJ-3Ag4

you're the only one shitting up this thread faggot.