My Face when the Bible ripped off The Epic of Gilgamesh

>Almost everything in Noah's arc is plagiarized word by word
>Adam and Eve are Enkidu
Is there anything original in this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limit_of_a_function#Limits_at_infinity_for_rational_functions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.
Once you start reading older legends you start to pick up on bunch of similarities like crazy.
>Inb4 mad Christfags

Who's this guy with the blonde hair?

>Adam and Eve are Enkidu
I'm sorry what? The flood was a common piece of ancient folklore, but how does this one line up in any way?

Uuuuuhhhhhhhh Christkeks?
Explain this.

Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night.

>Molded in clay by Gods
Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

>Anything in the Bible
>Original
Post arguments and not wojak.

Pretty much, the Bible is a narrative and philosophical Frankenstein.

Nothing shows that you're a complete pseud better than hating on Christianity, especially having no logically structured arguments and even more NOT HAVING READ THE BOOK.

>Hating on the bible
Simply stating that it borrows heavily from other myths and legends.
There's no need to get this upset.

>on a literature board
>has not read the most important book
Reddit was a mistake

>The most important book
Hahahahahahahahaha.
Not OP but do seriously believe this?

Nobody denies that the Epic of Gilgamesh influenced the Bible. Christianity and Judaism don't worship the Bible, it's not part of God, and before the OT was written there was oral tradition. But it doesn't mean the Bible isn't true or worth less.

Yes I believe that, hahaha. Two thousand years weigh in a bit as well.

it's not the most "important" book, however it's the one and only work of literature that is culturally pervasive (includes poorfags and children) and therefore the most influential

>Wojak
Fuck off retard

>more than one civilization had the same myths
Adds credence more than disbelief imo

that limit is incorrect; if x is going to infinity, the limit is 0.

It should be the limit of -1/(x^2) as x approaches 0

>lay the groundwork for everything
>still relevant, difficult and beautiful and always will be
>not the most important
There should be literature capthacs so illiterates like you don't post.

>Age means weight
There's older stuff obviously
>culturally pervasive
So are tons of religious text.
Plus appealing to popularity isn't that reliable.

There are still big differences between the epic of Gilgamesh.
And I mean, there lies an amount of truth in paganism; it's only that Christianity is entirely true.

>Age means weight
>There's older stuff obviously
You also have atrocious reading comprehension and lack simple knowledge of history. Why do retards have to yell the loudest.

>bible
>logically structured argument

>Noah's Ark
Read Girard's The Scapegoat.
>Adam and Eve
Enkidu's transformation occurs on different grounds (compare savagery to civilization in the Epic and naivety to awareness in the Bible), for different reasons and is portrayed as positive in one and negative in other. Effectively the basic framework is shared, however it's such a simple framework that claiming copy is just stupid.

>A bunch of Hebrews plagiarize older myths and add other shit
>Lay the groundwork
And your personal opinion and popularity mean nothing

Yeah, but to what pantheon?

get over yourself kid. many people will disagree with you in this life and many of them will be smarter and better-read than you

It takes a lot to get to the leap of faith part, you have not even read the book, nor have even basic theology understanding.
>And your personal opinion and popularity mean nothing
That's why I said that you're a complete illiterate that doesn't know basic western history. Its embarrassing that I have to reply to people like you.
>he is still talking out of his ass
Sure showed me there, maybe you should read the book?

>Muh 2 thousand years
>Not age
Why resort to ad hominems?

>can't recognize adhom
dummy

>The bible is perfect and special guys!!!!
No one is saying it didn't influence western civilization.
Why are you taking it so personally?

>Someone questions the credibility of the bible
>Chirstfag spergs out
Always happens in these threads

There is nothing new under the sun.

>It's sacred so you can't criticize it!!!
You can't have a logical discussion with people who are so deeply emotionally attached to something.

>still relevant, difficult and beautiful and always will be
>He thinks his religion will last forever
Stop being such a biased christcuck

Do you expect people here to read the Canon? Just look at the threads.

>The canon
What a joke

>practically every ancient culture had a Flood myth
>proof that the Flood, as recorded in the Bible, never happened.
whatever you say

>The flood never happened
No one said this.

Wouldn't similar myths that tell the exact same thing corroborate the Bible instead of devalue it? I mean, even if the exact details are unknown, the two ancient writings suggest that things like the Great Flood really did happen in the history of the planet.

then why does OP care whether the Bible talks about the Flood?
If the Flood is a historical fact, then why accuse the Bible of "ripping off Epic of Gilgamesh" for also talking about the Flood?

You should read the Sumerian flood story as well.

>noticed similarity between two geographically-close ancient mythologies
>YOU'RE HATING ON JESUS READ THE BIBLE

Except there's no geological evidence of a global flood in the entire time humans have existed on Earth. The stories are not about local floods either, as they have the boats landing on top of mountains (Noah lands on Ararat which is 5,137m high).

So it actually suggests they are related mythological stories.

>Except there's no geological evidence of a global flood
what is the Grand Canyon

Have you been reading Ken Ham or something? The Grand Canyon was made a river about 5,000,000 years ago. It wasn't caused by a global flood and was formed before humans even existed.

Not entirely, but it's our best idea of God that we currently have. Much like the pagans back then.

What, do you think Christians don't realize that or something? Or that there is a significant population of fundies on Veeky Forums to troll or something? There is plenty in the Bible beyond the mythological accounts in Genesis.

What makes the bible special then?
Maybe the other myths gods are real
Stop trying to rationlize plagerizism

kek

No. If a civilization copies the myths of another civilization how the fuck does that make said myths more likely to be true?

>Uuhhhhh we copied a bunch of myths so that means ours is real!!!
Sure bud

I agree.

>scientist """""proves""""" the laws of physics
>other scientist """""agrees""""" with him and cites his work
>gotcha faker ;)

Why does comparing the bible and mythology trigger people?

What's that have do with anything?
False equivalence man.

>Muh book
Nice argument. Your Jewish faith is retarded btw.

>tries to equate science which is based on facts to the fairy tale that is religion

AKSHUALLY ITS A MIXTURE OF JUDAISM, CHALDEAN RELIGION, EGYPTIAN AND GREEK RELIGIONS

you forgot the Zoroastrians

yes, ive read the norton edition english bible too. dont you feel ashamed reciting other peoples observations as your own?

Nice refutation

>plagiarized

Sure, if you have chosen to accept and believe in the unjustified moral concept embedded in capitalism called "art belongs to someone, you need a permission to imitate it, permission usually requires compensation"

Plagiarism is just modern disease. In an ideal world not dominated by economic market, art and information would be free.

We're talking about jews here, no shit it was stolen and reshaped for goyim agitprop.

>ai em a khristun, do not insult my book

I wouldn't be surprised if it was all stolen from old sumerian writings. Jews stealing from Sumerians, Christians stealing from Jews, Muslims stealing from Christians. It's like poetry.

I hate to break it to you, but everyone ripped off everyone else. There's not alot of originality in this, which may lend it more credit, actually.

Judaism comes from Chaldean and ancient Caanite beliefs, mixed with babylonian, proto-Iranic and Sumerian as well as Vedic beliefs. Christianity is Greek-Jewish, Egyptian, Chaldean, Banylonian religion syncretized

All judaism really is is a reflection of other peoples and cultures they as a tribe subverted and oftentimes destroyed by cryptically pretending to be those people. Just as jews today wear suits and pretend to be white while speaking our languages and mimicking our cultural behavior while parasitically imploding our societies from within, so did they engage in such actions in ancient times, infiltrating via crypsis, absorbing and integrating their hosts' cultural ideas and spiritual concepts, destroying the host from within, then moving on to the next host pretending, and likely believing, that those features they obtained were their own. This is how the jew operates.

>Adam and Eve are Enkidu
what? how?

It was the philosophical tradition of the time. It didn't "rip off" elements, it carried them over, maintaining some of them, and adapted them in new ways or shaped them within a new context of thought. All traditions do this.

>it's adaptation, expansion, improvement, etc. unless the Jews do it, then it's subversion of a tradition
Your post is subversive too.

Do you seriously not believe that? What book could you possibly think is more important?

my diary desu

What is it with sneks in these myths? Why are they always being humanity?

Should i fear the snake?

Frankenstein is the name of the man who created the monster, not the monster himself.

Even newborn babies fear snakes, of course you should be wary of those sneaky fuckers.

It's intentional. The flood narrative in Genesis borrowed from the Epic of Gilgamesh to show how the God of the Israelites was superior to pagan deities. For example, in the Epic of Gilgamesh the gods are afraid of the flood and flee to higher ground, but in Genesis God is in complete control of the disaster and is unaffected by it.

Wouldn't similar accounts of a massive flood in the Ancient Near East serve to corroborate the Genesis account instead of contradict it?

Geologists have discovered that melting glaciers near the black sea could have caused the collapse of giant ice dams about seven thousand years ago. Such an event would have triggered sudden, massive flooding across a wide area, which would have served as the basis for all the flood accounts in the region.

>Except there's no geological evidence of a global flood in the entire time humans have existed on Earth

There is definitely a lot of physical evidence of events taking place that would reasonably be described by ancient peoples as global floods. For example, look into Brian Fagan's research on the history of the Persian Gulf.

I just read the Wikipedia article for the limit of a function out of curiosity after seeing your post. I don't know if this is correct but here is how I understand it:

lim f(x) = L,
x -> p

f(x) approaches L as x approaches p.

lim f(x) = 0 = -1 / x^2,
x -> infinity

-1 / x^2 approaches 0 as x approaches infinity.

Is they’re true you’d expect them to crop up a lot.

yeah the limit is wrong.

the meme should be the limit of -1/(x^2) as x approaches 0, which is neg. inf.

>the bible is proved wrong
Urrr ists the aligory!

Never trust the serpent of chaos!
It leads to incoherent value structures!

also that flood myth in metamorphoses

pyrrha and the guy i think it was?

>mfw 9/11 ripped off The Towering Inferno

It's so good to know that that news footage was all made up because a work of fiction starring OJ Simpson with vague similarities to 9/11 was released before the attacks by several years. Look at me. I'm so rational and everyone else is dumb.

2/10

so:

lim f(x) = negative infinity = -1 / x^2,
x -> 0

-1 / x^2 approaches negative infinity as x approaches 0.

So when a function includes a division by x, the limit is either positive or negative infinity as x approaches a value that will result in a division by 0.

example:

lim f(x) = infinity = 2 / (x - 3),
x -> 3

Paganism anticipated and prefigured both Hebraism and Christianity, and Hebraism and Christianity drew from paganism. That does nothing to discredit Hebraism or Christianity in any way, and even of it did, paganism would also be discredited, as various forms of paganism drew from older forms of paganism back into prehistory, and the post-Christian ideologies are all just rip offs of various aspects of Christianity cut off from Christianity and swollen to madness in isolation. Your argument is shit because it's a form of genetic fallacy and even if it was logical it would refute your own worldview much moreso that it would Christianity. So please explain to me how one story having vague parallels to another story means the second story by necessity came from the other story simply because it is newer without demonstrating any actual provenance, or that a fictional story cannot anticipate later actual historical events without rendering those events equally fictional, because it seems that there's a logical disconnect there that you're just glossing over because it suits your agenda.

>haha you fucking faggot, you think you're smart but I know you just learned that from a book
Once again, what did he mean by this?

>So when a function includes a division by x, the limit is either positive or negative infinity as x approaches a value that will result in a division by 0.
>example:
>lim f(x) = infinity = 2 / (x - 3),
>x -> 3
No, your example has no limit at 3. It approaches negative infinity from the one side and positive infinity from the other.

Holy shit is this what Eurotime Veeky Forums always looks like?

It's Americans getting sleepy. Eurofags don't care that much about the Bible. Not anymore anyway.

Yeah Euros are all about the Quran now.

You're right I messed up:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limit_of_a_function#Limits_at_infinity_for_rational_functions

>f(x) = p(x)/q(x)
>If the degree of p is less than the degree of q, the limit is 0.

f(x) = -1 / x^2

p(x) = -1 is a 0 degree (constant) polynomial
q(x) = x^2 is a 2 degree (quadratic) polynomial

The degree of p is less than the degree of q so the limit is 0 as x approaches positive or negative infinity.

f(x) = -1 / x^2
lim f(x) = 0
x -> +-infinity

f(x) = 2 / (x - 3)

p(x) = 2 is a 0 degree (constant) polynomial
q(x) = x - 3 is a 1 degree (linear) polynomial

The degree of p is less than the degree of q so the limit is 0 as x approaches positive or negative infinity.

f(x) = 2 / (x - 3)
lim f(x) = 0
x -> +-infinity

I think the meme was right after all.

yeah this user is correct