Not at all.

Thats 85% of people born in cities after ~1989

>talented and capable
>does not fit into social norms

So many people think this applies to them its depressing

no, not really. i mean i nail the "dont fit in to social norms" bit

Sorry but
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think you mean middle class college students.
Most people live squalid quiet lives without dignity or potential

Haha that's literally me, wish I could tag my friends here who are like this too

And middle class college students have either dignity or potential? You got a giggle from me with that one, mang! Don't overestimate yourself, though.

>And middle class college students have either dignity or potential?

No but they think they do. Thats the delusion they put themselves in a fortune of debt for

Yes. Sounds like me. Just the missus and I at this point. Just been us for a while up here in the alaska. It sounds incredibly accurate.

No, I am not an alpha Chad that has dramatic romantic encounters or fights duels

How many duels have you had?

Hundreds. I used to wrestle and practice judo till I got out of high school. Then I never did anything with my life again. The end. I don't think countless hours of dota counts. I am who loves a game still. A romantic as well. That's all.

How many dogs do you own?

>It refers to an individual, perhaps talented and capable, who does not fit into social norms

No such thing as talented+capable man who doesnt work hard and have already achieved greatness as verified by measures of the society

well cant we just get straight to the point if a superfluous man is hopeless then it's due to his awareness and if his awareness is any good it'll'd apply to anyone as much as him so aren't we all homeless or is it actually just a transient phase less dramatic than written out to be like FUCK ANSWER THE QUESTION A BIT MORE EARNESTLY

I've had three dogs, one ferrets, two birds, one cat and tons of fish. The missus is like a clone and we are animal folk so its pretty easy to get more. Lovely pricks.

Still you'd think she'd shut up by now. Don't think she'll be happy till she gets a horse.

That's good, doing Gods work my man

I don't know how to type a lot of things without spell check. Don't compliment me.

You don't control if you're hopeless but faith is a choice.

yep

not at all, and I doubt it describes most people here

Kinda

Me, but I come from intense poverty.
>22
>published this past year, won national award for a short story that was judged by a big name
>living on unemployment
>use my boyish looks to get people to give sympathy to me
>able to extend that sympathy with my writing ability
>spend most of my spare money on weed and booze
>nearly stabbed a fucker this last weekend
>when drunk i become borderline psychotic
>everyone thinks i'm insane
>girls all want to fuck me because of the mystique

give me some money

Sort of

>No but they think they do

Thanks for opening up a new pathway for my existential crisis

Oblomov is /ourguy/

That man looks like Hitler from the thumbnail.

here's your (you). provide us with more tales from your Veeky Forums lifestyle.

lol poor people

based

>gambling
no
>drinking
yes
>romantic intrigue
yes
>duels
the fuck

>he doesn't duel

>he doesn't take his duels to the shadow realm

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfluous_man
>TL;DR mid 1800's definition of shitlord

>as if anyone on Veeky Forums isn't a shitposting shitlord
>as if many people living under their culture's poverty line have the luxury of shitting cynicism on an anonymous fish-factory faq forum
>as if anyone living on as if anyone on here actually has to worry about what they're going to eat tomorrow, except for rare cases of a privileged user's life going to shit for a couple months at worst

Ha.

i got so drunk once i fiddled with a propane tank in front of a convenient store, placing my lit cigarette near the valve, to the complete horror of my friends who were waiting in the car.

they told me i was telling them after i was "gonna save" them.

i'm actually buzzed rn

>dueling in 2017
wow died seven years ago

i consider myself more of an epic hero type

kek

kys

probably one day desu

I'm a clever cunt but in no way talented. I'm that lad that makes normies think I'm a genius while having nothing to offer because i can do quips and am broadly read.

A fucking fraud if there ever was one, I'll never write anything worthwhile.

No, he sounds interesting.

>A fucking fraud if there ever was one, I'll never write anything worthwhile.
Not with that attitude you won't!

do NOT let her get a horse. Horse bitches are crazy
t. Knower

Look inside yourself. Find your favorite subjects compound everything into a Frankenstein horrible amalgamation. It will be like a path with tons of brush on it. Every inward search is just a reflection of others friend. You just have to walk the path barefoot.

You can be the brightest star of all if you accept absurdity. Now be good friend. I love you. Make sure you are staying fed and move around a bit.

Don't willingly throw your beautiful heart and soul to the void like so many others before you.

This is the second post I came across in the last ten minutes that mistakes Frankenstein for his monster. 5 years after I started coming here it still never ceases to amaze me how poorly-read people on this board are.

I'm not claiming Frankenstein to be the monster. I'm just saying start cross stitching ideas. And that when you start it's going to be bad.

It read to me like you were saying Frankenstein is an amalgamation. Sorry if I misunderstood.

You know who else was misunderstood.
Frankenstein. And the mad scientist who created him.

It's fine. No worries.

this

I was born into poverty, but other than that it does accurately describe me

Please make good life choices. I know you like to fit into an easily understandable but aloof persona, but life is more thank an ego trip

>born into wealth and privilege
No.
>cynicism
No.
>existential boredom
Not really?
>often unempathetic and carelessly distresses others
No.
>can be seen as a nihilist
No.

But I do feel as though I lack options for self-realization and am in some way doomed to live out a life of passivity through an ironically self-fulfilling prophecy that could've been avoided if I'd learned how to get the fuck out of my own way and stop being so neurotic and self-obsessed.

No, not at all.

Play acoustic guitar or make noise and the money will come easy.

Rimbaud?

Thanks, user.

lost

>marrying a horse girl

are duels the same as video games?

>intelligent
>nihilistic

nah
i'm just an asshole

there was only one of those fucking things. baffles me to this day he quit by the time he was 21.

i believe he sold his soul, and being the little shit he was, walked away just to spite the entity he invoked.

are you hypomanic at other times than when you drink? I'm thinking bipolar type 2

Yeah I watch Rick and Morty.

But it's a compelling fantasy. And an escape from both mediocrity and the cost of greatness.

youtube.com/watch?v=jGL1x40p46s

Extremely.

The mood swings are a trip. A week of fervent writing, thinking it's amazing, followed by a week of questioning being alive to begin with.

humanity is superfluous

have you tried talking to a psychologist or a psychiatrist about it? You might be able to figure something out that could help you with the worst swings and it doesn't neccessarily have to be something soul killing. I'm sorry about your downs (lol) user

can imagine it feels amazing writing that intensely tho

>have you tried talking to a psychologist or a psychiatrist about it?

You mean a psychoanlyst, a psychologist will literally just give you pills and tell you to think positively

have... plenty of times

get a lot of them talking over me.
also
>last session with shrink
>didn't know it was my last session
>shrink starts it by telling me it will be our last session
>turns out my white guilt government money they allocate descendants of residential school survivors ran out
>walk out into a midwest canadian winter
>buy bottle of rum and go home

it was real fun.

I'm sorry about that homie. Have you gotten any help from them? Any meds from a psychiatrist or something?

effexor helps with the muscle stiffness

also helps me get drunk way quicker (much to the detriment of my liver)

thats something at least. Sorry to hear about your lows, again. Take care of yourself and merry christmas user. Hope you'll find some peace soon