Why are the Meccan Surahs objectively superior in quality to the Medinan surahs?

Why are the Meccan Surahs objectively superior in quality to the Medinan surahs?

lol what are these, brands of suicide vests?

I don't think you will find much poetry about killing non-believers to be any good.

I bet none of you have even read the Quran.

Pretty sure its haram in their backward faith for outsiders to touch their book so I don't want to upset them

the only thing that's backwards is atheism. which i'm guessing you are.

No I'm a born again Christian

Because that was Muhammad's inspired period. After that he was just a butthurt warlord getting back at people who didn't believe his epilepsy was actual prophethood.

Read Submission by Houellebecq then read the Quran

Probably because he was trying to run a town instead of writing poetry

And the award for smartest person in the boardz goes to---- (pic related)

Islam ist the Devils Favorite hobby

just came here to ask for recommendations on the most mystical/poetic surahs

get out of Veeky Forums you fucking bookfag

S-sorry for bothering you user, it won't happen again

What do you guys think about the theory saying that much of the Qoran was originally written in Arameic?

kek

Sounds interesting, could you post a link to an article or something?

Unverifiable and unlikely. Someone wants to get on TV.

Objectively false given Naskh.

>We do not abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?

lmaoooo i legit laffed
heres your upvote, good sir

>doesn't like The Cow

user...why?

We shit on your bloody Quran-Bullshit!!!

Fpbp

I've literally read it hundreds of times in Arabic while understanding it.

there is little intellectualism in islam and it's all hidden inside suffism. at it cores it preaches the same garbage as every other monotheistic cult, do what we say, obey the prophets and mullahs, contradict yourself when we tell you to. nice long history of astronomy, culture, architecture and so on.

>there is little intellectualism in islam and it's all hidden inside suffism
>socrates first trip east
sufism is mystical weirdness. it's good mystical weirdness, but it's major contributions are things like math and calendars. for jurisprudence and other how society actually works shit the maliki are pretty on point in general. though yeah, getting drunk with math nerds is more fun.

Houellebecq said himself that he knew very little about islam before writing the book.

What have you read of this so-called intellectualism in Islam?

What you on about? Look up their creed and it is ashari and maturidi, read ashari and maturidi

You can read it. Anybody can. If you have trouble with certain parts that invovle violence then go to a mosque and ask tge Imam, they'll usually invite and welcome you with open arms.

There's tons of "miracles" embedded in the quran. It's also good to remember around 95% of people were illiterate at the time.

Personally I like "Yusuf"

The Quran is surely a book of signs. Though much emphasis is on the inimitability of the Qur'an.

Because Mohamed was occupied with the spiritual side of his message instead of politics to try and gather as many supporters as possible.
It's not originally written in Aramaic, but some words are borrowed from there as far as i know

The whole religion was "politics" from the onset, challenging status quo. Get out of here, with that half-assed, he was peaceful before. There was a clash and it was an inevitable change.

>What you on about? Look up their creed and it is ashari and maturidi, read ashari and maturidi
Are you trying to say that mainstream Sunni sufi are less mystical weirdness or more?

More regarding their contributions, which you narrowed way down. Regarding mystical weirdness, what do you mean, when you say weird?

ash'ari's idea that shit just happens and that cause and effect aren't linked. i think it's why pure math coming out around the same time as al-ghazali is so good, because fuck reality, right?

Ibn arabi

What are some good commentaries on the Quran? I have the mualana muhammad ali translation and he adds footnotes from various commentaries, and I am waiting for the sufi commetary of ja'far al-sadqi to arrive before seriously reading it.
Is there a good english language collection of haddith anywhere? I am leaning more towards the mystical side.

No reality is reality, however, is liable to change.

Sufi commentary by Jafar al Siddiq? Sunni wise, that would not make sense. Since there is not anything from him, that is credited by Sunnis.

All commentaries are pretty boring.

The quran is very boring, but people pretend other wise because they have been conditioned to do so.