Why do retards think that this book is good?

Why do you think it sucks?

the prose you shitwit, now fuck off

Well I haven't actually read it, but I watched the Family Guy episode where they parodied the plot, and it looked like a typical bullshit romance novel.

because it's american

> the prose

oh jesus christ, what a fucking grammar manchild you are, go jerk off to your grammatical structures while others explore the world to write interesting stories

Well then you have nowhere from where to base your opinion on, at least watch the fucking movies

> mfw the state of this board

Ah yes, the prose. The prooooooose. the PROOOOOOOSE. There's a reason why the pseuds on this website are always so willing to talk about "the prose" of a book when discussing its merits or flaws. Why attempt to analyze the merits and effects of the literary devices used to add to the development of characters, why attempt to understand the interplay of the perspectives of different characters and the emphasis this places on different themes, the spectrum of ironies used throughout the novel, the historical significance of the novel and the influence it has spawned in literary tradition or the influences seen throughout the work, the specific structure and literary underpinnings of the novel and the way it influences the tone, the author's relationship to the characters and the theme, the presentation of the novel itself to the audience and thus the relationship between reader and text --- why do any of this, when you could talk about "the prose?" You know that you have such a deep understanding of the book, don't you, when you talk about "the prose," the "musicality of it," the "sparseness." What a great artistic touch you have, don't you! Such a highly refined poetic sense! And you feel like such a true reader of literature when you are able to compare these styles: "I am partial to the lyricism of Joyce's prose, as well as the clean and scientific prose of Borges," you might say. What a deep understanding you show! Because the "prose" of a work is such an accessible topic, something that is felt immediately in the body and senses, a nice little sensation and flutter of the heart. Art obviously has nothing else to it, nothing other than the little sensations that I experience, because why should i attempt to understand it on a deeper level than this, when I have such a "refined" sense of the "prose?" Why even attempt to analyze the prose and the poetic and rhythmical underpinnings of it, when I could use a pretty little metaphor for it? It matters little that virtually every reader of literature has access to the music of the words and so my understanding is not quite so advanced as I would think, that form is something that goes hand in hand with theme, that I missed all the deep relationships between characters and between text and reader that existed in the work and that comprise a large part of the literary merit of the text, for my understanding of "the prose" shows such a mastery of language, a fine-tuned sense of the magical flow of the words! Having understood this work, I may as well move onto the next, the next bundle of pretty sensations to experience, the next bagful of fun linguistic treats!

>Well I haven't actually read it, but I watched the Family Guy episode
Veeky Forums in a nutshell.

>oh jesus christ, what a fucking grammar manchild you are, go jerk off to your grammatical structures while others explore the world to write interesting stories
he asked why people think the book is good, the most redeeming quality is evidently the prose, you would know this if you had actually read it.
go jerk off to your science fiction doggerel tripe.

The only manchild here is your bitch-ass. End yourself before the next family guy episode ends.

> waaaa waaaa waaa no you! no you! waaaa waaa

Come suck at mommy's tit and lay down to have a nap

For your own sake, you better be trolling.

Gladly. Why don't you choke on a glock and pull the trigger while I'm sucking that tit

fuck you it's great

cute girl!!!

mommy is waiting for you booboo, come now lil boy and tell me what that mean prose did to you

>the absolute state of Veeky Forums

Jews

rekt

Why do contrarian retards think a book has to be inaccessible to be good?

Because that's how they justify not reading it.

woah...

Can I learn to recognise deeper insights in literature just by reading good books by myself? Should I look for online discussions after finishing novels, or something similar? I'm new here... thanks!

Because even retards can recognize greatness.

I find books really engaging when there's something in it that's relocatable. The way Daisy is described and a lot of other small moments seemed very real to me because I knew what the writer was talking about. That's why I enjoyed it so much.

Fuck off back to high school retard. We'll welcome you back in the real world once you grow up and attain some fucking taste, maturity, and intelligence.

>Fitzgerald

Because it is certainly not bad, nor is it mediocre. That doesn't leave many options...

If you do, this is not the place to have a good discussion unless you like being told how wrong you are for not interpreting the text exactly like your repliers did

>doesn't leave many options
lol nice false dichotomy/trichotomy
How about "just 'ok' if a bit overrated"

You're wrong

what are you trying to convey other than giving me a boner.

what a fuckin weird way to brow beat another poster.