My otherwise smart Veeky Forums gf can't shut up about De Sade...

My otherwise smart Veeky Forums gf can't shut up about De Sade, she thinks he's some kind of a genius for saying "hurr durr morality is artificial we're all animals". To me, it's just like militant atheism or nihilism. Yeah, everyone knows decency is a social construct, shut up already.
How do I convince her it is shit?
>inb4 i'm afraid she'll go have orgies and gangbangs with niggers

>philosophy of right

Angela Carter (inb4 all female authors are shit) has some good critiques of the ol' Marquis and his autism, you could try getting her to read these

How about you let other people have opinions? Kill yourself underagefag. She'll probably cheat on your betanu ass anyhow

He looks like Blake's evil twin

Your gf sounds like a fucking moron. Sorry, OP. Maybe she'll grow up.

once she turns 18 she'll have more nuanced views, OP.

I've loathed Carter since being forced to study her in high school. Is she actually good?

Let the girl like Sade, user. Read it too

she’s a burgeoning whore get that under control quickly idiot

Maybe your gf's not smart and, because you thought she was smart, you're not smart either...

she's trying to tell you that you're boring in the bed. be more animalistic.

>How do I convince her it is shit?
You don't. You make some fun memories with her while you can because this girl is probably going to break up with your youngfag ass relatively soon. Every girl who likes De Sade is going to have major "grass is always greener" frustrations at the start of her life and will probably fuck around with many men because she wants to collect different experiences sexually. If she's thrilled and inspired by De Sade from a young age then she won't be able to settle for good until she is older. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just letting you know that this is very likely.

your gf is far too patrician for your plebian ass, user
hopefully she's cheating on you left right and centre

The only reason anyone should read De Sade is as an aid for masturbation. Your girlfriend clearly takes De Sade way to seriously and as a result is an idiot.

>masturbating to literature

t. euphoric gentlemen
this is the correct answer. she wants you to turn the freak up to 11 and you've yet to do so. she's projecting her annoyances with you as a lover and using de sade as an example to frame it so you can better understand. it isn't even about de sade you mope. it's about you.

Thinking Sade is some kind of intellectual is so middlebrow. Drop her.

Take your girlfriend to a remote cabin for the weekend. Chain her to the bed under the pretext of kinky sex. Burn her De Sade in front of her. Read the Bible to her, cover to cover. Both accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior. Propose to her. Marry and have many children.

Yes OP, you should torture her in your castle (attic) for a couple weeks and then shove a red hot spike up her pussy and rip her spine out, she would love it.

Kant, Scruton, etc...

Put on an English judge costume (hairpiece included), shove a dragon dildo up your ass, tie her up with rusty chains in a damp attic, light up 2 or three candles, smeat both of you with rancid shit and fuck her in a rage. Or be a beta and complain on an Autism Enabling Fosterchild Forum. You fag.

she wants to fuck other guys. this is what happens when you don't know how to eat pussy.

>she thinks he's

You don't satisfy her, is she decent looking or a whale?

damn that post really hit a nerve. i wonder why.

It didn’t, De Sade is just a degenerate hack.

Well obviously morality is artificial, but how does such an ideal (if it could so be called) function at all to releave the suffering of, lets say, undomestocated life, and provide a framework for us to operate amicably with each other within? She can go live with the animals if morality is so arbitrary to her, and if she doesn't want to, then she manifestly consents to the morality the commonality of our respective society dictates.

>not masturbating to literature

>morality is constructed

Gee, I wonder why the most miserable place on the internet is filled with godless heathens suffering in the throes of modernity at the time of the birth of our savior.

I'm out.

protip: your girlfriend is literally correct though she is probably bringing an infantilized understanding to the matter. Her views as you've described them are actually the case, though.

>the obvious implication of the juxtaposition of this post with the one it replied to being that BDSM themes were compulsory in some high-school, somewhere

tell me about your high school/what y0ou read user

Man, if she does record that shit for me, thanks

>It didn’t
i suggested that she was subconsciously trying to convey that she was getting despondent and bored with OP in the bedroom and you went full edge and said he should rip her spine out. kinda sperg bro.

>I'm not trying to make you feel bad,
i'm not OP and i don't have this problem but i always feel like these posts ARE trying to make OP feel bad. i always sense a subtle malicious intent behind the words. i'm open to the possibility that i'm just being a sensitive faggot however.

I'm the user who wrote it. But I didn't mean to overly fuck with him or his self-esteem. I was being honest.
>If she's thrilled and inspired by De Sade from a young age then she won't be able to settle for good until she is older.
I stand by this, for example. And I think as a general rule it would prove to be fairly accurate.

Have you read De Sade?

that's it, i quit Veeky Forums
idiots

The correct answer.

I hope your gf ties you up, flagellates you, tickles you, teases and denies you, and then invites me (a man) over to have my way with you.

Very brainlet thinking. You assume that "consent to the morality" matters. Immorality can only exist in a moral framework. I don't see why she would have any reason to abide by your notions of consent and abiding by frameworks, which seem to rest on concepts of duty and consent and other moral notions.

Embarassing. Nothing worse than fake Veeky Forums Christians who you can easily spot by their delight in condemning others. A self-aware convert is spurred to introspection and reflection by Christian religion and constantly watching himself for signs of weakness, self-correcting after faltering - the faggot brainlet just uses it as an excuse to call other people names and feel righteous about it.

>have many children.
*only have sex in missionary position to her for the sole purpose of procreation.

She doesn't actually care about De Sade or moral philosophy, she just wants you to do sado-maso dominance kink shit, but she's too afraid to ask outright

Sade is based but after a book or two quite repetitive.

Girls who are into Sade are top tier in bed though.

Morality isn't a random construct it's hardwired into us.
"Morality is the herd-instinct of humanity"
-Nietzsche

Religion is a bigger social construct than morality dipshit