Hey user, have you switched to a feature/dumbphone because of internet addiction/attention issues? If so...

Hey user, have you switched to a feature/dumbphone because of internet addiction/attention issues? If so, which models did you move to? I'm thinking about going with pictured.

Holy... I was gonna make the same thread after lurking /g/ yesterday and not finding anything similar. I was considering a Caterpillar B25 because it's rugged but I haven't heard of anything else. I can't control myself completely with a smartphone and I'm sick of it.

Not Veeky Forums-related.

This thread isn't Veeky Forums related in the same sense that being on Veeky Forums isn't reading literature. Obviously the goal is here is to devote more time to reading.

Damn that's a rugged ass looking dumbphone! One thing about the one I'm thinking of is that it literally feels like a toy--like something you'd get out of a vending machine--but it does MMS photo texts (pretty necessary) and has a full qwerty keyboard (couldn't stand that predictive text business).

If I had a nickel for every non Veeky Forums-related post on this board, I could afford that CAT phone.

What model is it? I think I had a very similar one years ago from Metro PCS.

I've been using this pre-paid flip for years. $20 buys me 3 months worth of text. Not to mention the 3 day battery life. You just can't go wrong.

>b-but muh internet
That's what cafes are for. That's what libraries are for.

>$50+ a month service plan
Don't make me laugh.

Had a BB for years for that reason. Talk and text. But, it crapped out and got my friend's ithing.

are you my friend Sam?

i own and recommend the nokia lumia 930. it has a 20MP camera and links to your microsoft/outlook account. my plan is $15/365 days of credit, the apps i have installed are:

>translate (pictures, audio, text), tunein radio, police scanner, compass, flashlight, steam authentication

it supports wechat and a bunch of other chatting apps but i don't have any friends so i dont use them. i payed 150 dollars for the phone 2 years ago, it might be cheaper now. i primarily use it to check my stock portfolio and email, about 5mins per day. it needs to be recharged every 4 days.

Literally never owned a smartphone cause I'm a Luddite hack

Go bitch in a peterson thread.

ive had a flip phone for awhile. i like it but every once in a while i do miss having maps or something. id been thinking about it for like a year prior, but my iphone battery died and i read some houellebecq quote about it like
>j'ai eu un iphone une fois, j'ai trouve ca nul.
which pushed me over the edge. 99% of the reason i did it was to differentiate myself from other people. it's shallow but whatever.

No, because I use it for the dictionary. I also need it for language learning purposes. I'm actually extremely happy with my smartphone, looking up words isn't such a chore and my German dictionary (dict.cc) is the best shit for my learning. If i didn't have it, I would have to go back to a physical dictionary which doesn't show you that much info besides the meaning of the word.

my man!

My job, and many others require the use of a smartphone. If I couldn't take good quality pictures, get group/band messages, or look up documents and download them on the fly I would be fucked.

It's unfortunate but the truth is their convenience has made smart phones necessary.

>I'm thinking
>I have been considering

Just do it already.
This summer I've switched to a dumbphone Nokia, with a basic 6$/month plan, and my uni grades went up noticeably

I own a smartphone, but I simply don't use the Internet on it.

Sony Ericsson/Nokia were the best, but good luck finding one now.

You can do any of those on dumbphones. (pic related)

>he cant help himself to put a fucking phone down

>he can't help himself
Yes, this is literally what addiction is about, you fucking retard

>posting on Veeky Forums by accident

my nigga

> >$50+ a month service plan

i'll never understand how people fork out this much a month for a really shitty internet experience

>Veeky Forums - Literature