What is a good book gift for a female family member? I need to make a last minute purchase

What is a good book gift for a female family member? I need to make a last minute purchase.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.bufferapp.com/science-of-storytelling-why-telling-a-story-is-the-most-powerful-way-to-activate-our-brains
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

women dont read

dont read women

>female family member
thank god you narrowed it down to 50% of the population. it's not like age and interests have any impact on what will be appropriate.

read don't women

Just get a cookbook xd

the quotations of chairman mao

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

My initial thought.

She's in her mid-20s, and the problem is that she has terrible taste in books. It looks like she only reads shitty cliched self-help books like "100 ways to be BADASS" or neoliberal new york times bestseller "The REAL history of America" books.

I know for a fact she would love this book, but I can't bring myself to even buy it.

Sound like a pretty shit idea to buy her a book if you don’t want to buy her a book you think she’d like.

Sowell

number one ladies detective agency series by alexander mccall smith
well my girl likes it anyway

She has no taste, and I'm not going to buy her a plebian book to make her happy.

Then why get her a book?

Edith Wharton, Willa Cather, and Sigrid Undset are where I turn for women. Sappho if I know they've read the other three.

You're a stupid cocksucker; I hope you know that.

this lol

Anything by Andrea Dworkin.

>buying someone a present to feel superior to them instead of out of consideration for their feelings and interests
you know how i know you're intolerable in real life?

Just buy them something to make them happy, that's what presents are for.

get her some sappho

And what will I accomplish buying her Rupi Kapur?

the alchemist, paulo cohelo, essential normie-core

you will demonstrate thoughtfulness and consideration instead of selfishness and insult.

the bell jar - sylvia plath

God you're such a insufferable cunt. How childish do you have to be to have a mindset like that?

What will you accomplish by buying her a book that she won’t enjoy? Just get her something else you wankstain.

what's the equivalent of sport biographies but for women?

Get her the entry level shit like 1984, of mice and men etc.

Gorilla Expressions Could Point to the Origins of Human Laughter. ... Gorillas use the open mouth, no teeth smile during playtime to show that they have no intention of biting. (Scientists call this the "play face.")

Don't listen to these plebs: they're small-minded, can only think about short-term happiness like dogs; if your sister was sad, would you buy her poison?, no, so make sure she follows the path to patriciandom, you're the only hope she has; I'd suggest a female writer from the Canon, George Eliot perhaps?, and one of their lesser known books so she's completely blind to what she's about to behold, an awakening inside her, Adam Bede perhaps?.

handsmade tale is trendy right now for some reason? not sure how readable that is for normies but i guess it shouldn't be too crazy

Isabel Allende is kind of decent, but she writes filthy stuff so it may be kind of awkward to get her that

Anne Rice stuff if she likes vampire garbage

or get her something she actually likes instead of books

you can't change someone's nature by throwing books at them

Don't listen to this guy. Books are living ideas. Be careful not to select intellectual-eating bacteria. Ideas can change people, which as I said above would mean books can change people. There's evidence your brain chemistry changes with ideas about as much as experiences.

I think its an insult getting her something that is worthless and devoid of any insight, why even get her a book then? I should just be thoughtful and get her a Starbucks giftcard.

It's not that I want to give her something that she won't enjoy, it's that I want to give a genuinely good book that she will like that isn't a shitty NYT bestseller.

>There's evidence your brain chemistry changes with ideas about as much as experiences.

Would be interested in seeing said evidence. Also how could you prove the correlation works in that direction? It may be the case that brain chemistry encourages an ideational disposition and not the other way around.

Slit your wrists with this edge

Not a good source, but I don't have the time to find the sources I was thinking of.
blog.bufferapp.com/science-of-storytelling-why-telling-a-story-is-the-most-powerful-way-to-activate-our-brains

>why even get her a book then?
now you get it.

Schopenhauer "The World as Will and Representation". Especially the section "On Women".

You're not allowed to be happy when getting presents. Fuck you.

Yeah, give a Starfucks degenerate a Starbucks gift card to signify you approve of them being degenerate. Great idea.

I don't think you should get her a terrible rupi kaffir book because that is bad for her. Don't get her some edgy shit either, get her something like sappho or any other female writer

Get her One hundred years of solitude

don't buy here anything because women don't read and are incapable of deep thought. Buy here knitting kit or a new dress or a gift card to a dress shop or some pots and pans, or a vase or a nice bouquet or anything that suits a woman. Do not treat her like a full human being, she is not one.