Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A feral cat finds the desiccated corpse of a small child in an abandoned apartment complex. He is compelled by some bizarre impulse to wear the corpse as a suit. The cat splits his time between a colony of other ferals and a group home for autistic children. Lots of politics in the cat colony sections. Lots of experimental, artsy, bullshit writing in the group home sections. Intended for a YA audience.

Next time you post one of these threads, use a cute girl desu.

I wanted to write something edgy that would get banned in several countries.

So my book would be about a German ww2 veteran coming home from Argentina just to find out that his country has turned into a brown shithole.

He would then start killing brown children using poison. He would poison Halal lunch to kill several dozen muslim kids etc.

I'd rather read that in the newspaper than in a book. KEK

Short story about a guy waiting for a rainy day to go hiking, so he can go by himself and really feel like he is out in the wild. He finds he is lonely and jumps off a cliff.

this is stupid enough that it has the chance to be good
no one will ban it because no one will read it. made a good post for Veeky Forums though.
a loser with a dumb idea kills himself for sucking. the end.

a retarded faggot fucking kills himself because he fucking sucks shit ass

I want to outline the mechanics of a fictional system (e.g. soft sci fi, magic, anything removed from reality) without being influenced by anything else. So I can just be creative without any concern for the past literary conventions of the imagined "subject". I want it to be written like a philosophical treatise, eg something rigorous enough that if the thing existed my work would be something akin to what would actually be written on it.

good luck not writing a book

Divine Comedy but with modern figures

Well, that could go for anything in the thread, couldn't it?

yeah, but for reasons other than premise.

dentist, granite worker, and retired entrepreneur collecting money, all into one story. im gonna go into work ethics, work ideology, relations, family problems, and the problems with wasting time.

a girl responds to a post like this on Veeky Forums and her idea for a novel becomes widely successful after she writes it. she then keeps responding to the post for success, but then realizes that the books are only a few pages long. she reads them and finds some strange tongues on the pages, then translates them to find out that they are latin for her Veeky Forums password and people start posting stange novel ideas. her parents decide to murder her for her money. she then writes about her parents being mudered, and it comes true. then, someone writes a post about her. from there, she tries to delete the post but someone keeps reposting it.

If other peoples' premises were different, e.g. a 5-page story of a fox jumping over a dog written in simple english, then they /could/ write their book, couldn't they?

I don't know if that is good or not because what you wrote makes no sense.

Short story about taking control of your life and stop procrastinating. Some dude that is appears on some surrealist place, then appears back into the real world having lost several hours
I just hadn't gone around to write it

a fox jumping over a dog is not a story, and you could try to give it to me in five pages of writing but i sure as hell would not read it.

>her parents decide to murder her for her money
retarded

Outline of an alt-history/erotic novel starring a nine month pregnant Anne Frank

Feel free to tear it apart

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr

A 12 year old girl was adopted by monks and has been illuminating manuscripts her whole life. The monastery gets ransacked by thieves and she must leave her sheltered existence in search of the stolen books. Along the way she will find dulcimer-playing old men, pirates and the Renaissance Mafia.

This is actually one of the better ideas I've seen in these threads, even if it is fairly simple. Do you have any notions of what the surrealist place would be like?

You keep posting about this, so I'm gonna keep encouraging you.
It'd be real nice to see someone actually finish something around here.
Maybe give me the confidence to finish something myself.

(Please make any sex scenes really explicit)

>Please make any sex scenes really explicit

That's the problem, I can't write sex scenes worth a damn.

The rest of it, I could probably write a decent draft of on my own though since I'd be pulling it from her diary and written accounts of the 1862 Maryland Campaign (specifically the Siege of Harpers Ferry and the Battle of Antietam).

I want an in-depth treatise on the shape, smell and feel of Anne Frank's asshole.

JUPITER EXPLODES.

American man and his Japanese step-sister who are ambiguously sexual with one another get roped into an underground full-contact fighting tournament in China where each of the other participants is also battling some strange obsession or dysfunction; the tournament is designed not only to test their strength but also, by way of their downtime in the mysterious and fictional city its held, their ability to admit their own perversions. Starts out fairly normal but the setting and the characters get more surreal as the tournament goes on, culminating in the two protagonists having to admit their weird lust for one another amidst an orgy of violence. Kind of Bataille meets 80s Van Damme movies.

Sounds hot. Have you written any yet?

30,000 words. Hope to finish it sometime next year, thanks. And I hope it's hot, too.

In humanity's spacefaring future the UN decides to intervene to stop a nuclear war in one of its alien protectorates, but the man picked for the job is killed and its up to his chauffeur to finish the mission by taking leadership of the ragtag group of misfits and using guile, diplomacy, and sheer luck to navigate the machinations of alien and human politics and also the people attempting to kill him. Theme: an examination of international relations and a defence of humanism and the Western agenda.

A high class prostitute on retainer in a fancy hotel for foreign diplomats in a not-the-USSR country has to get a foreign diplomat to smuggle him out before military experiments turn him into a monster. But does he also find love? Theme: lots and lots of gay sex.

Two teenagers go roo shooting in the deep bush and stumble upon a US army experiment that has escaped containment. Infected with supersoldier serum from the encounter they have to escape the bush, shielded by friendly locals who despise the encroaching US presence) and make it back to a major city where they'll be safe from being abducted by the US military and can expose them as the thugs and bullies that they are. Theme: fuck the US, get the fuck out of my country.

A young native in not-South-America is blessed by his people's God and kills the missionary corrupting his village. His fate is sealed and he must either earn further blessings and with the God's help rally an army to eject the colonists or surely be put to death by them. The situation escalates when his movement is drawn into a brewing civil war between communists and loyalists. Theme: ideologies/religions - good, or bad?

An official Champion in a modern feudal world (literally feudal, not some gay neo-feudal corporatism - people literally have baronies consisting of a handful of city blocks, complete with serfs) whose job largely consists of duelling defendants who are so obviously guilty that they have nothing to lose by taking the chance on a fight (fights are to first blood, not to the death) gets into trouble when he... I still haven't fleshed this one out. Theme: the more things change the more they stay the same - feudal life is different than ours, but not unimaginable, better in some ways and worse in others when you account for technology.

A fallen angel has escaped to Earth and has to avoid getting caught by Heaven. At the same time he grapples with a sense of free will developing from exposure to humans - he realises that it's not that angels can't make choices, but rather that they don't realise that they can. Theme: I don't know, this is my weakest idea.

Amount of words written for all of them in sum: zero.

Points based on how much it peaked my interest and if it actually has a chance to become a good book
6/10. Interesting concept but not sure if you can actually make a book out if it.
2/10 too edgy
2/10 boring
6/10 potential
7/10 enough content and story to develop
7/10 interesting concept and the fact that you've already written a bunch

A misanthrope with a superiority complex strives for fulfillment through intelluctual and financial success. Looking down upon his peers and friends for their percieved shortcomings, he cynically attacks the world through inner monologues. As he slowly discovers his own ineppetitude, and his failures become more apparent to him, he becomes only more bitter and cut off from the world.

>reddit kills himself
if there is no pussy attached nobody would gibe a fuck

TOO
CLOSE
TO
HOME

A guy that lived his life in a brown country goes on a killing spree since he plans on going to live in half brown country.

who is she quoting?

You are writing Mortal Kombat.

Seconding.

What other earth factions are there when there is something like a western agenda?

>Amount of words written for all of them in sum: zero.
You fit in.

>What other earth factions are there when there is something like a western agenda?
All the current nation states still exist as independent actors. The year is somewhere between 2300 and 2400. The UN is the "officially recognised" human government by the aliens in the "Space UN", but it's by no means all-powerful. It's more powerful than it is in real life, but still very definitely a loose confederation that depends on member states choosing to obey because of international norms than an actual government with coercive power.

Never really played Mortal Kombat. I just like old kung fu movies a whole lot. And I said I wrote 30,000 words. Do I still get to fit in?

I would hate to write one of these novels only to get a shitty generic summary on the back cover

A guy, who becomes a celebrated author by writing novels based on the ideas of other people on the Internet.

All of them is too many. Some must be offed. It's more intriguing I guess.

Watch the series or the movie. Another nigger who outlined like 6 ideas hasn't written anything. You're way too successful by now.