Only post in this thread if you attended or attend a shit tier school. Post your

Only post in this thread if you attended or attend a shit tier school. Post your

>major
>five favorite writers
>how bad of a school you go to out of 10 (1 being terrible). Not necessarily what US News says but your assessment of the school.
>how tolerable your classmates generally are (1 being completely intolerable)
>How prosperous you believe the rest of your life will be out of 10 (materially speaking; 1 being destitute)

>Philosophy
>Dickens
>Gaddis
>Joyce
>McCarthy
>Shakespeare
>5
>3
>2.5

>English
>Borges, Sade, Dante, Conrad, Pound
>9/10 community college that got me acceptances into Ivy Leagues
>4/10 that classmates only ever talk about HP and GoT (at least, they're very kind)
>5/10

Thank fuck I dropped STEM. I can't imagine feeling this happy constricted by the sciences.

I go to a state college that even residents of the state have not heard of.

>Mathematics, minor in Fine Arts
>Melville, Faulkner, Stevens, Lowell, Wright
>3/10
The professors in the mathematics department are 10/10. A true joy to be around, and have generated in me a surprising amount of self-discipline, confidence, and ability. Based on our exams and projects, the quality of my education, in terms of material and rigor, is just as good as at a much better institution. Any success I have will be indebted to them. I have found Writing and Art professors I enjoy, and a few in other areas, otherwise there is not much to say in favor of the academics. It has been quite an adventure to see how some professor will absolutely butcher an interesting subject. I would not recommend this college to anyone whatsoever, I have created a positive experience for myself through adopting a very disciplined and focused lifestyle I guess, but would not wish another to share in my past woes.
>2/10
Other than a few exceptions, I have not found anything of value in the other students. I don't want to call them pseuds, but even those who do well by grading are devoid of any intellectual curiosity. It is soul crushing to know that, while I continue to not meet like-minded people on campus, whenever I visit a friend at another school or go to a research conference every single person I meet will be a pleasure to engage with. My freshman year I attended a quality, well known, private university and the difference between average student is astounding. A small consolation is that I stand out so much that creating relationships with professors, administrators, and other students is very easy. Maybe the worst part is that the student body is so unhealthy compared to other places, it is depressing.
>8/10
Last year I managed to ride my knowledge of mathematics and rudimentary programming skills into a software development internship. I now work in this field part time and expect to have no difficulty finding a good position after graduating in the spring.

My first two years here I wallowed in despair, but have since realized that while it really sucks going to such a shit place, I will be able to attain the same level of success as if I had finished my degree at a better school. Self-reliance, cream rises, etc.

It has been a long, lonely four years. Happy to be almost done.

>CS
>Ken Kasey, George Orwell, Paul Graham, JK Rowling, Nicolas Carr
>4
>6
>10

I'm interested in reading more, but I acknowledge that I'm not at all well read.

are you a freshman?

Graduated two years ago. Grew up extremely poor and had a talent for a skill that pays well, so I'm a poorly read pleb with a lot of money. I'm interested in becoming more well read, but then I probably read technical materials 4+ hours a day for work as well, so it's difficult.

Ah, I was a freshman last year and we read a bunch of Carr's essays for ENG101. Haven't seen his name anywhere before or after except your post. How much more difficult does the CS major generally get past Sophomore year?

Depends on the school, but general consensus is typical that the last two years are much easier than the first two. Gotta slam the kids against that wall fast and hard so that they know what they are in for, I guess. A lot of upper level classes are just similar to being a math major, with a lot more banal things that can fuck you over. In math classes you don't have to worry about your misplacing a word in a lemma resulting in you getting a zero because it doesn't compile.

English
DH Lawrence, Edgar Allan Poe, Jack Kerouac, Coleridge, F Scott Fitzgerald
3 it was a working class diploma factory
2 there were a lot of whiny Jews for some reason
5 My dad left me a decent amount of rental property so unless I fuck up I'll be alright

thank you based user

>my complaint is about Jews
wow you must be a really deep, sensitive, powerful intellect to be bothered by people of a particular ethnicity

>major
Accounting
>five favorite writers
Dickens, Hesse, Kafka, Yeats, Keats
>how bad of a school you go to out of 10 (1 being terrible). Not necessarily what US News says but your assessment of the school.
2 or 3. It's pretty bottom of the barrel
>how tolerable your classmates generally are (1 being completely intolerable)
I've met some pretty cool people, but for the most part it's reddit: the student body. It's also overwhelmingly male.
>How prosperous you believe the rest of your life will be out of 10 (materially speaking; 1 being destitute)
5 maybe six once I move out of may parents' house, but that's probably going to take a few years.

I'm really just mad at myself for handling my education so poorly.

Jake is that (you)?

>>major
ecology with a specialization in Ornithology
>>five favorite writers
jane austen, John Williams, Agatha Christie, woolf
>>how bad of a school you go to out of 10 (1 being terrible). Not necessarily what US News says but your assessment of the school.
3/10
>>how tolerable your classmates generally are (1 being completely intolerable)
I only ever made friends with roommates. so I don't know
>>How prosperous you believe the rest of your life will be out of 10 (materially speaking; 1 being destitute)
3/10 ... I'll never own a house or travel but I won't be homeless

c'mon user, life is long and large. don't be so fatalistic.

Nope
I dunno. Seems to me like you're pretty much set on your path by the time you're twenty.

>tfw if you cash out your crypto the government will take it for student loans

you really can't cash out lol

unless you are a business sociopath this is correct

I just can't stand living in a world where the only improvements you can make to your life are entirely superficial and our position is selected based on your parents' wealth and the decisions you made as a teenager.

c’est la vie nigger

You can still change your life user, provided you are willing to take that risk. My mentor basically grew up poor as fuck, and wasn't super smart, but he started a construction company and worked his ass off until his family was better off than he ever was growing up.

What are you willing to suffer for?

I've been surrounded by highly successful people my whole life, and it just makes me feel worse about being a failure.
I already squandered every opportunity I'm ever going to get. My only hope now is having a child that will vindicate me.

>Aerospace Security
>Tolkien, Milton, Patrick O'Brian, Tennyson, Ogden Nash
>8
>6. Varies depending on the class
>5 I guess

fuck right off. i don't have a problem with jews, but the jews who went to my school were fucking shit. i love a bagel with cream cheese and lox.

>English Secondary Education
>Don Delillo, Joan Didion, Dashiell Hammett, Frank O'Hara, Philip K. Dick
>7
>8
made very good friends with many people
>6/10
on one hand I got hired right out of school to teach middle school on the other hand I only make $38,000 a year. Going to go for my masters so I can make an extra $10,000 a year

mmm another patrick o'brian fan

>Engineering
>Hemmingway
>Joyce
>Emecheta
>Dickens
>Murakami
>4
>8
>6