Is masculinity just a social construct after all?

Is masculinity just a social construct after all?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1234323/Testosterone-hormone-makes-kind-genial.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, it's the essence of Man.

Yes. partly, but nothing is "just" a social construct. Pointing out that something is a social construct does not, in itself, reduce that thing's complexity, just as it does not immediately deconstruct something.
In this case, the answer is yes, but what that means is totally open. For example, you could argue social constructs are not just social, not divorced from biology and genetics and so on

Yes, but its useful to be anyway.

Femininity is a social construct, masculinity is not. Masculinity is the default state of a pure ego and is by definition asocial.
Don't confuse masculinity with machismo

>t. dopey numales repeating jewish propaganda

Is mayonnaise a social construct?

>don't think about things that make me uncomfortable

Femininity is a beautiful art of being not a natural state. Its why it needs to be encouraged and cultivated and why resisting Jewish education is so important.
There is no feminine Gorilla

No, it's a biological phenomenon. Sexual dimorphism doesn't stop at the physical.
In fact all traditionally masculine behavioral and mental traits can be connected to the effects of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone

>In fact all traditionally masculine behavioral and mental traits can be connected to the effects of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone

This is Nigger logic, acting like a stupid ape is not at all traditionally masculine

No Derrida, Mayonnaise is not a social construct

Makes you think, doesn't it? The system regards masculinity as a 'toxic' threat to its existence. Wonder why 'masculinity' is a 'social construct' and yet 'the future is female', wonder why essentialism is applauded when it concerns the politically correct lgbtsjw community? The pride rainbow itself is a post Christian symbol of virtue. Christ on the Cross replaced by the screeching, victimized genderqueer, the form changes but the content remains, that is, guilt tripping and slave morality, a fundamental hatred of strength and of the strong.

It literally is though

There is a difference between "toxic masculinity" and "masculinity is toxic".
The former is stapling gender to a negative trait due to correlation and the latter is penis fear.
Although since you're sharing a Facebook tier meme I imagine you didn't come to this thread for nuance

not really, the fundamental characteristics which we see as masculine (competitiveness, agression, authority) exist in other animals. chimps are our closest living relatives and they exhibit notorious capability for organized violence

Liberals are right though, degenerate heathens are natural. Nature is an ugly shitshow and not something to be cherished but held in high suspicion.
It wasn't until Rousseau are the rise of alienated naive cosmopolitanites that nature became fetishized before then it was rightfully held to be the domain of evil and lecherousness

It's a physical construct, isn't it?
Although I don't understand the nuance of the social construct concepts since i haven't reached the post-modernists yet in my book list

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1234323/Testosterone-hormone-makes-kind-genial.html

Testosterone doesn't make you act like a stupid ape. Actually it makes you more grounded and mentally stable.
A combination of high testosterone AND high cortisol will make you irritable and volatile though.

There are natural things that exist in the world and just are what they are, and then there are jews who attack those natural things and try to make people think they aren't natural or real and say they are instead "social constructs." That's the only dynamic one need understand in this debate.

You should read Rousseau instead of spoutning bullshit.

Interesting. I still hold though that masculinity is in its definition counter to biologization. If you act well out of hermones you're not acting like a man

>sex is a social construct
>race is a social construct
>nationality is a social construct
>morality is a social construct
The more I look at this the more right you sound

>If you disagree with my pet thinker it means you haven't read him

Suck a cock, I bet I read more of him than you have

It also makes you less risk-averse
Female stock traders outperform male ones on average because they make less trades.
Don't have a citation for this tho

>If you act well out of hermones you're not acting like a man
You are.
Research shows that testosterone and DHT give you the effect of this "calm confidence", a kind of grounded assertiveness. Are there more masculine archetypes out there?