Your 14 year old Son/Daughter starts their Freshman year of American Highschool in a few months...

Your 14 year old Son/Daughter starts their Freshman year of American Highschool in a few months. Give them essential books to read before they enter the shit show.

>inb4 op is 14 and doesnt know what to do his book report on

move. there's still time to catch up before senior curricula in europe

48 laws of power unironically.

The Three Musketeers by Dumas, to teach them a sense of duty, honour, self-respect, and fair play.

This book will either turn him into an awkward autistic stuck up retarde or an intellectual god tier chad

are you willing to roll the dice?

The Fault In Our Stars

The Bible

great thread

Sending your kids to public school is like sending them to Atheist Patriot School.

All they'll get is relativism and civic propaganda.

infinite jest

why? by 14 they'll be selecting their own reading material; i'm not going to be assigning them a curriculum. and they'll have just completed 2 years of middle school, so they'll basically know what to expect in high school.

Worthless by Aaron Clarey

>public school
oh no no no

in a hypothetical situation you fag cunts

how could i have a child at 3?

it's worth it if only for him to not buy into the surface layer narrative of society and become a 'nice guy' that ends up raging because he doesn't get what he wants by playing by the fake rules.

why would I give them essential books
I think the best thing with teens is not to try to force them to read shit. If they're happy to take suggestions that's cool. But it's better to have stuff lying around for them to discover I think, and for you to have given them an interest in it during their childhood. I know part of what I enjoy in reading is finding shit for myself, and I'm pretty sensitive to I dunno, feelings of 'emotional contamination'. I sound like a tumblr faggot using a clinical term for an ostensibly non-pathological thing. But hopefully the point comes across.

>I recommend that my relatives send their college-bound children to secular colleges where they will have to fight for their faith, rather than to Catholic colleges where it will be stolen from them
Fulton Sheen, allegedly

So cuck ideals?

unironically this, I'd like to impart a love for reading, and maybe even require him to read for a certain stretch of time per week, but I'd never force him to read my 'picks', that's just offputting