How fucking awful is nostalgic demagoguery that this tripe can not only pass for a novel but be picked up for...

How fucking awful is nostalgic demagoguery that this tripe can not only pass for a novel but be picked up for adaptation. A book filled with fucking cliches gets propped up by it's authors ability to remind it's readers that some gay fucking shit existed in the 80s. Nerds are the worst fucking consumers on the planet and I'm ashamed to be able to say I read through this anus of a book.

Veeky Forums would praise the book if the references were to 'high culture' instead

If it was done well, obviously.

It's not about whether the references are highbrow or lowbrow but about how it was done. Take Pynchon for example, loads of lowbrow references, but the Trickster makes it not so obvious and masturbatory.

He literally copy pasted google search terms in large lists to boost the novel's sales
THE GENIUS

Brother gave me this today lol.

Boy please consider how Forest Gump is an awful awful book and Spielberg made a big thing out of it.
Spielberg knows the book is a shit book but it's a big name culturally currently and the basic plot structure/concept is workable for a movie.

I don't even like Spielberg that much but the guy knows what he's doing.

>he's so smart, he's making shitty entertainment on purpose!!!

this is the same logic people use to defend Trump

T. Jealous
Missing nuances in this work and writing it off is to dismiss a sci-fi masterpiece. So stoked for the movie

I don't get why Veeky Forums has such a hateboner for this book, I mean it's bad but it's not like Pynchon or Joyce levels of bad.

*he's so smart he's making mass market palatable movies on purpose

Jeez dude are you dense

Spielberg didn't direct Forrest Gump, which is an atrocity of a film mind you

wut explain pls

Because it's such an 80s normie-pop-culture LE REFERENCE nostalgia-fest, there are bits of the prose where the main character literally lists off page-long walls of text of video games he's played and movies he's watched. It makes for horrible reading but I'm almost certain this was so people searching for those games and movies would run into his book.

All b8 deserves a (You) for effort

It's called Ulysses and we like it.

retard

There was a videogame that only existed so that the designer could shove it in your face he was a Tarkovsky fan. It was lame.

Yes. And?

>but muh drumpf
Keep fucking crying

What was it called?

motherfucker used SEO on his book. not a great book, but he's getting rich off taking advantage normie nostalgia. can't really slam him for gettin' PAID. wish I thought of it tbqh