Your thoughts on the works of John Green?

Your thoughts on the works of John Green?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY
youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU
youtube.com/watch?v=Svfshb15Z0c
time.com/3639041/the-invention-of-teenagers-life-and-the-triumph-of-youth-culture/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This tweet makes less sense the more I think about it

>white males and black males are two completely closed and seperate groups

for once i agree with johnny g

But olive skin men invented the words

right, that's what he said: white men

Yeah, if sjw's actually cared they wouldn't make things "us vs them" but include everyone as one entity.

he is one of the rare cases where i am not able to separate the art from the artist

Is there any creature more insufferable than the Amerimutt?

>virgin black males vs chad white MEN

What does that even mean?

ugly, smelly, raypy, entitled, welfare babby yuroscum

>men
>males

why

well actually i know why

literally WHAT did he mean by this?

I urge my fellow /lit denizens not to waste part of their christmas analyzing the meaningless typings of this charlatan stenographer. Of course he says things like this. He makes his living making emotional appeals to little girls. He's not worth analyzing or debating.

I actually don't. Why did he do that?

God this guy is such a fucking faggot.

Is it weird if my ultimate fetish is cuckolding John Green? I’m usually repulsed by the cuckold fetish in general, but when it comes to John Green, the only thing that I can think about when I see his dumb cereal-eating nerd faggot face is nailing his wife in the asshole while he watches in the corner. Is this irregular?

How do you go from this...
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY

...to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU

to this

youtube.com/watch?v=Svfshb15Z0c

thanks for the reminder

This is some true alpha advice, but you must remember that we are all beta weenies.Your efforts are wasted.

I think that we'll see israeli and palestine people making peace first than we'll see a black man writing Paradise Lost or the Divine Comedy

I'm not even a rap fan, but it's widely known artists like 2Pac didn't please the higher ups by making socially aware music. Don't forget who owns rap, the same people that own other industries

Palestinians need to go baq to Jordan/Egypt/SA/Lebanon/Syria and then there can be peace. the native arabized caananites who can prove ancestry prior to the wars can stay. all the rest need to leave

>stupid
It's literally not possible to find John Green "stupid." It's the literary equivalent to dividing by zero. If you claim he's "stupid" then you're not just stating an absurdity, you're lying about your emotional reaction to Green's achievement. John Green governs the manner in which stories are told in the 21st century; if you've experienced Western culture at any point in the past 10 years then you've imbibed Green's stories, dramas, style, characters and their descendants, either consciously or unconsciously. Whether you're aware of it or not, Green's work, diluted or otherwise, has entered your mind and drawn your amusement and fascination.

I understand that you might not really know what you're talking about so I'm going to allow you to apologize to me and John in your next post; but frankly, lying about finding John Green "stupid" is a very vulgar and unintelligent thing to do, even if you did so out of ignorance.

That wasn't the point bro

im just stating there is no peace to make so your figure of speech was misplaced. they can either get out or else

/r/iamverysmart

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable reaction to me. For me it would be that plus him rambling on about his dumb cereal analogy while in the corner.

I think he is trying to say something like "X invented the instruments but Y gave us music" or something like that.
because he views blacks as animals.

uh HOLY SHIT FUCK OFF FUCK OFF BACK 2 REDDIT NOW NOW GO NOW

Just the opposite. The first Dogg Pound album (which was a massively anticipated release, debuting at #1) was so controversial with shareholders that before it was released Time Warner severed all ties with the record label and it delayed the album by three months.

This. solid advice for the new year

Controversy and attention seeking antics are a commercial strategy like any other. If 2Pac or the Dogg Pound actually did anything boundary breaking or challenging to the status quo, you wouldn't know they existed. But since they made party-ready pop music for suburban teenagers while staying loyal to brown resentment, you share fun facts and pictures of them on the internet

>it's all a conspiracy
>their breaking of boundaries wasn't boundary breaking enough

I meant doing something different within the imposed limits. I'm aware that unfortunately he would be off the map were he to actually do something(hell, even Michael was smeared and deleted)

"Men" invokes imagery of a valiant, unified race working together to create prosperity for themselves, while "males" implies a herd of sheep or, more appropriately, a pack of rabid dogs more likely to tear at each others throats.

get the fuck off this board

What boundaries did they break? They weren't the first to write violent and vulgar lyrics. They weren't the first to complain about being brown. They certainly didn't innovate any interesting music techniques since they didn't actually know how to write music, let alone play it. They weren't the first to combine all this unoriginality into a single product. Seriously, what boundaries did the Dogg Pound break?

You know, "Male" and "female" as a synonym for man and woman is weirding me out. The contrast in this tweet makes it particularly stand out. I think it's because men and women are supposed to be dutiful citizens of some kind with responsibility and a family. Male and female can be used for beasts.

I don't know the history of those words, but I could swear we didn't use them like this ten years ago. I don't think this change in language is an accident. Somewhere along the lines we became afraid of admitting we are men and women, and nobody noticed. And I don't just mean the left, because even the right has adopted them, at least on the internet.

one thing that sounds strange to me is
>an 18 year old man
sounds so wrong

I think that's because it doesn't make sense.

What is he even trying to say here?

Isn't his primary source of historical information his old history teacher by his own admission?

To me, it seems appropriate even for 17 olds.
>16 year old man
There you're entering a grey zone
>15 year old man
Now you're stretching it.
Although "young man" seems appropriate down to child age, in a teasing way.

I read somewhere recently that the term "teenager" was created quite recently (In the 40s according to time.com/3639041/the-invention-of-teenagers-life-and-the-triumph-of-youth-culture/ ). Teenage culture might be a giant marketing scheme that has invaded our reality in inseparably deep ways.

This is pretty astute. Is it bugman-y to feel kinda subconsciously uneasy when i call myself a "man"? I wouldn't think I'm effeminate, nor autistically bro-y or overly faux-masculine to make up for it.

Rock n roll is quite the example, there wasn't such a thing as youth culture before. Fast forward to today, you've got 13 year olds dancing to Ariana Grande singing about dick bicycles to "honor" the Manchester victims. What does it mean for young people to dictate culture? It means it will remain consumerist, because the young are easily influenced, and if with rock n roll there were people in their 20s shaking their hips, now there are 13 year olds twerking. The younger they are, the easier it is to convert them to life long mindless consumers, and a lot of older people will tag along because kids define culture in general. It's all aimed towards youth.

This unironically

>but I could swear we didn't use them like this ten years ago
Jesus Christ how can you commit such shameless conjecture. I don't know myself but this reads so presumptuous.

I know for a fact it is and has been common for police to use "male" and "female" in reports for many decades.

But it's funny.

>funny
You misspelled trite.

>John Green has OCD like me and writes about it
>this unironically bothers me more than it should

>has been common for police
Did he mention police? No, he implied common folk when saying we.

Interesting. I've picked up on feeling like this too. But then again I'm also 19.

>insert glib platitude showing preference for non-white people while embellishing their innate strengths
>The world applauds, I win the Nobel PC Prize

I like how you can't say race means anything, unless it involves non-whites being better than whites.

the invention of the teenager (and, by extension, the idea that young people have anything interesting to say) might be the biggest mistake of the 20th century

Where is the best stopping point? Idealisation of youth (universal but often distinct in quality and quantity)? Emancipation of youth? 'Empowerment' of youth?

Ancient Greece where you fuck slave boys into submission

Yeah but when it came to citizen boys you prostrated yourself on the floor before them and begged for their attention like a seedy washed up old queen. The Romans had a bit more, uh, dignity in this area, but at the expense of some level of humanity.

Were the Greeks and Romans white?

Yeah. Ethnic whites.

When you get older you lose your idealism and ability to empathize with young people. This doesn't mean they have nothing interesting to say. They think they know everything about life and so do older people, the only difference is they are on the cusp of a wide open lifetime and older people have forgotten what this feels like.

I try to maintain my sympathy and empathy for teenagers, but it is hard as time passes. I remember some of my feelings and perspectives when I was a teen, but the memories are academic, I can't really identify with them anymore.

If you think teenagers don't have anything interesting to say, this is merely a reflection of your boring and sheltered youth. I hitchhiked over 6000 km during my 18th summer; this was the zenith of my teens and I experienced things most people haven't and had many interesting things to relate back then.

>the English language and its words were invented
How does a writer not manage to have at least a passing understanding of linguistics?

what the FUCK does this mean?

Is the quote even real?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When you get older you lose your idealism and ability to empathize with young people. This doesn't mean they have nothing interesting to say. They think they know everything about life and so do older people, the only difference is they are on the cusp of a wide open lifetime and older people have forgotten what this feels like.

I try to maintain my sympathy and empathy for teenagers, but it is hard as time passes. I remember some of my feelings and perspectives when I was a teen, but the memories are academic, I can't really identify with them anymore.

If you think teenagers don't have anything interesting to say, this is merely a reflection of your boring and sheltered youth. I hitchhiked over 6000 miles during my 18th summer; this was the zenith of my teens and I experienced things most people haven't and had many interesting things to relate back then.

I have OCD as well.
Turtles All the Way Down was actually pretty good and I could identify with Aza's thoughts/compulsions.
I hated The Fault in Our Stars to the point that I didn't even finish it, though.