Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Like-Ripples-Water-Collection-Parts/dp/1979629595/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514414464&sr=8-1&keywords=like ripples in water
barnesandnoble.com/w/like-ripples-in-water-garrett-willis/1127673066?ean=9781979629591
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to write a book about someone who tries everything to become friends with these two people he admires. He never does become friends with them in the end.

it's about the emotional investment of the characters. any individual idea only serves to strengthen that.

a crack team of pseuds robs the Vatican Archives and discovers an unlikely secret that will change the landscape of upper middle class jewish consciousness for all time

It is going somewhere! I swear it

Tapirs are jacked

Some threat is threatening the world, and a pretty cool guy has to find some objects, then find a temple to put those objects in, so that he can reawake an ancient weapon that’s also a person.

The Origo maelstrom is a vertical maelstrom that occurs on the side of the High Ocean. The Origo can be traversed with a strong ship, allowing for faster travel between the oceans. The Origo zips right through the High Ocean in a violent stream. It often changes direction horizontally, though it is said that on rare occasions, the Origo changes its direction upwards, leading a ship to the surface of the High Ocean. No one knows what is up there.

diary of a man that makes Evola look like Bernie Sanders, with the protagonist sonstantly sliding further right throughout the novel until the feel of the book just becomes the pure platonic ideal of disdain for plebs by the end

i want to write a book about a man stuck in a loop of waking up in his bedroom and on a train. put simply it will be a timeloop sorta scenario with the man losing his sanity and getting increasingly distressed.

i have lots of ideas for it that i think will be interesting to explore, including an absurd conversation about logic based off one that i had with my friends that the character will have with his reflection in the mirror.

>It's not like they're going anywhere.
They're going straight into my diary desu

A near future sci fi story revolving around a company whose slogan is "Making /machines/ more human so /we/ can become more than human."

I can see your plot twist coming and it's not that good

The twist is that there is no twist and it's just a comfy romance story about a new age of technology after this ugly transition phase ends.

Even worse than I thought

My pet project is one where Pennsylvania and a few other states secede from the US and in an incredibly unlikely outcome actually wins. It's just a hobby and I never intend to publish it tho

>book begins with some entity (not necessarily human) meditating. His mind is inhabited my several beings that seem intent on driving him insane.
>The 'dream beings' (perhaps facets of the entity's personality) force the entity to conceive of an instrument to carve his own consciousness into innumerable pieces.
>The 'dream beings' fashion the pieces of the entity into various realms, which they rule over as 'elder gods'.
>From time to time the will of the entity (now referred to as the dreamer) manifests as a conqueror with an overwhelming desire to merge the realms and cast down the false 'elder gods'.
>Should the conqueror succeed, the dreamer will awaken whole and healed, at the expense of the worlds created by the elder gods.
>The elder gods decide that the best way to thwart the conqueror/ dreamer is to hold an exciting series of martial arts tournaments
>Most of the participants in these tournaments are ninjas that can only be differentiated by the color of their garb.

A young man has some kind of religious experience, or at least what he sees as one. He quickly becomes fanatical and starts to believe that to become morally pure he must completely eliminate all his sexual urges. He basically ends up castrating himself but finds out that it wasn't enough to erase them entirely.

>a man has terminal cancer
>three hundred pages of him fencing in the olympics against a man in a black costume
it's dumb

A buddhist munk sitting in a hotel room with a prostitute and a pistol. He's holding her hostage.

He puts a cigarette in his mouth and brings up a match, suddenly the scene shifts to a street where he is sat in the middle.

Doused in petrol he holds up the match and drops it in his lap.

That's gay, lampooning hyper religiosity is so bourgeois

>Catholic priest with a secret family, drinks heavily
>Is drunk while his son is playing in his room
>Son chokes to death on a toy
>Clergy finds out about his secret relationship with the death of his son and kicks him out
>Wife leaves him
>Man is now homeless, takes shelter in an abandoned apartment complex
>Falls asleep
>Wakes up to find he's in another room, wallpaper covered in muted images of angels
>Man in a rocking chair muttering bible verses
>Another man walks in, reveals himself to be God
>Man in the chair is literally his soul
>God explains that he actually is pretty apathetic to humankind, and people like him are the reason why.
>"Even if I was the loving, forgiving God you wanted me to be, even if I washed you clean of your sin and embraced you in my heavenly grace, could you ever forgive yourself?”
>God tortures the man for a few pages
>Man eventually relinquishes his faith as he realizes he was never truly faithful
>Tries to kill himself but God wont let him, says "We'll be here for a long time"
>Man takes an opportunity to "kill his soul"
>End

gay

r/atheism at its worst

Edgy

Dysfunctional family drama where a sensitive educated young son is sent to live with his estranged father a retired US Navy veteran living a dissolute expatriate life in Southeast Asia. Despite some initial culture shock and harboring of old familial grudges, father and son eventually bond over their shared love of exquisite teenaged ladyboys.

Is the main character a self insert?

How dare you question my artistry.

Not about atheism tho

Its about Christianity and how horrible people think that taking the J pill will give them free reign to do whatever they want, when in reality God cares about works just as much as faith, Its def not a whack at religion, its more aimed at people who don't think about their effect on the world as God forgives all, I mean shit man I'm religious myself.

It is gay and edgy tho I'll give you that.

I think there are better ways to justify religion and the effects people's actions have on the world. Think about sociology, how your actions effect others, and how a communal religious experience gives value to people's lives.

The plot just doesn't sound very good too, so I'd scratch that.

A halfway house trying to integrate supernatural creatures into society where each creature is a metaphor for a mental or physical disorder.

Most of my ideas are stupid YA and reddit tier shit which is one reason I can't get the motivation to write more than 10 or 20k words. I'm trying to learn how to draw too so I might just embrace it and make children's books.

That actually sounds like it could be a hit with the autistic mom crowd. Lots of autistic kids these days.

Thanks, maybe I'll pick it up again. I haven't read anything for the autistic mom crowd though, so I'm not sure if I could write anything appealing to them though.

Well, I was thinking of your children's book idea, drawing something simple like that wouldn't be too complicated, but would still take practice.

Oh, I thought you were talking about making it a book book. Yeah, I've been leaning more towards childrens books lately, but it'll be another year or two because I can draw well enough to do that. I'd also really like to make a series about a cat and dog detective team solving animal crimes around town. And a cat who's a witch's familiar and falls in love with his owner.

dune but cowboys.

Yeah, that sounds more like children's books, I don't want to be insulting, but I think it better to write a good children's book, than a bad adult book.

The other two would have been straight comics actually, With the latter being a lewd webcomic, actually. but the fact that I don't consider it insulting that you're telling me I should write kid's books is probably a pretty strong sign that I should write kid's books.

Yeah personally think comic books are a artistically devoid medium except for Watchmen

There's some good stuff out there if you care to look, but for the most part I'd agree with you. I have five shelves of books and only one of comics, kid's books, art books, and instructional books combined despite the fact that I've been into both for roughly the same amount of time.

Checked nice dubs, keep up with the regular literature user! If you study enough you may make the transition to a mature more artistic medium, the first step is practice though, good luck.

>halfway house trying to integrate supernatural creatures into society
this i like, its a concept that opens up a lot of potential for a narrative
>each creature is a metaphor for a mental or physical disorder
this i dont, if the creatures are in a halfway house then they were in prison, and if the creatures are allegory to disabilities then your story lies on the metaphorical bedrock of 'put retards in jail'
you see the secret to good writing is knowing what needs double meanings and what doesnt

>in a halfway house then they were in prison,
Mental institutions use halfway houses, or at least something similar, sometimes too. My ex was in one for a little while after she was discharged from state. But I absolutely see your point. I'll certainly have to think more about what I want out of the book and what I want readers to get out of it.

A forest wizard who literally has to micromanage all aspects of the forest he lives in. He can also shapeshift into various animals and lives in a hobbit like burrow of forest comfyness

It will mostly be comfy although he does have confront a demonic centipede at some point that is killing off the animals in his forest

Turns out it was the wizard of another desert-like realm that accidently got himself captured and eaten by a desert centipede when he shapeshifted into a desert rat, and upon consuming him the centipede gained magical powers and went on to ravage other realms after consuming most of the animals there

This is the plot to the arcade game 'Centipede'.
We've also had 'Mortal Kombat' in this thread.
What am I missing, has this been a thing for a while?

Where is this from? I swear I remember it from a film or book

what's the most creative idea you've ever seen in these threads that has the possibilty of being good? I've noticed a few cool ideas recently, whereas threads in the past have been depressing slogs.

Graphic novel, comic or possibly a show
>no qualification wannabe poet main character lands job as a window cleaner
>works at a skyscraper
>observes the suits and offices inside while being the bottom of the corporate food chain
>tries to do something valuable in his job
Themes: office life, observation, lives of other people

An old witch, a brain-damaged assassin and an orphaned girl try to make a comfortable living in a future dystopia.
Plots revolve around the witch's failings as a foster mother, the assassin regularly recalibrating his moral compass, and the orphan growing up and eventually leaving this dysfunctional family.

This one’s script was actually finished when I was 15.
Animated movie, possibly a play:
>slightly fat kid main character
>lives in a tiny village with forest around
>parents forbid it
>goes out one night, finds all sorts of mushrooms and geckos
>friends think it’s cool, but too scared to join
>next expedition is joined by some guy’s little sister
>bring back some magical junk
>next time, all kids go in to watch the magical forest critters
>flashlight breaks, use a lighter
>burn down the whole forest
I dropped it because it was too hard to animate. Also I know it isn’t a novel, but it’s not like it’s going anywhere.

Which other states?

Seven Psychopaths

First case: who fucked the goat? Pro tip: question the middle eastern refugees.

>make the transition to a mature more artistic medium

>What am I missing, has this been a thing for a while?
What do you mean by this? BTW I named the MK ref.

Initially just upstate NY, Delaware, and West Virginia (backstory is the area becomes much more conservative and nationalist in the near future which is why they secede at all) NJ is a battlefield between rebels and feds. But then after awhile many other states join in too- Idaho, Montana,Wyoming, Utah, the Dakotas, upper New England, the south of course, etc.

These 'plot of your unwritten novel' threads are fairly popular.
I've noticed a couple of instances in this particular thread of anons passing off video game plots as original stories.
I was wondering if it was something that happened in every thread, but I was too stupid to realize until now.

A Royal Guard is expelled because of a false rape accusation. Now he is a hitman who choses his own deals. Years after, when he wants to do his final work after getting old, his wife tells him that their son, who they thought was dead, had a child and is thinking about killing him in honor of some forgotten god when the religious holidays come.
He begins then a journey to the south, willing to confront his son and save his grandson.

I've got a bunch. Most of them are just "Story ideas", without any clue about what form they'll take in the end, but a couple of these are legit novels.

>a small, rural family builds a rocket to escape the earth as a world-destroying catastrophe draws near and anyone with means has already left

>A 'young' girl who was driven to NEET status because she is a vampire meets an outgoing boy who is a self-described superhero, and also a vampire

>Young men and women from all around the world come to a single place once a year to compete for a position in that year's superpowered martial arts team. Power Rangers if it was American Idol

>An artificial intelligence programmed to be a celebrity in a future where such a thing is commonplace struggles to retain her identity in a world that has moved on

it's about a super attractive man whose name is very similar to mine. all the women want him and he's got a massive cock but he turns them down because he's super into some weird religion.

he's the leader guitarist in a popular rock band but walks away from it all at 23 years old and becomes a recluse. then a year later he emerges from his mansion and announces to the world that he has perfected artificial intelligence which leads to this massive technological boom and suddenly there are aa sized batteries capable of powering massive cities for centuries on a single charge and teleportation and humanity starts to colonize space and shit.

and then i don't know. people despite having been given everything they could ever want desire more. their greed is only magnified. so he gives the order to his robot army to kill every human being.

and then he lives the rest of his life with his creations and then he dies and now the known universe is populated only by sentient robots who venture off into space in search of new life to nurture and maybe even push forward so that they can become intelligent and replace us.

A written adaptation of the Video Game Bully. It would make such a good book. Or something Star Trek related

That story is all over the place

That's literally the backstory of one of the playable races in Endless Space 2

I'm not sure if you're a good troll or if this board has actually gotten this pleb

So...bad?
Care to elaborate?

A young married couple lose their first child as a newborn. Many months later they retreat to a cabin in a remote location to work through what they're feeling. The main conflict is that one of them has been through a lot more than the other while growing up.

I know it's similar to Antichrist, but it has a completely different tone in my head. More comfy and down to earth, no themes of insanity.

an autistic girl who goes to college at a sleepy liberal arts school takes a class on the history of california and becomes convinced that "Las sergas de Esplandian" is a historical novel. she and her slacker boyfriend hitch-hike to los angeles because the autistic girl believes the famous Hatshepsut Hotel was built on the grave of the mythical queen calafia.

they learn more about the hotels long-term inhabitants as they begin selling weed in order to fund their time at the hotel. the autistic girl becomes more and more absorbed into the horrible history of los angeles as her slacker boyfriend becomes a celebrity in the LA party scene. the autistic girl discovers that the owner of the hotel's wealth was attained through sexual slavery and exploitation. the autistic girl becomes enraged because she can't separate the fate of calafia from the fate of those sexually exploited by the hotel's owner.

in the midst of a depraved orgy involving the ritualized rape of teenaged girls trafficked in from south america, the autistic girl robs everyone at gun point and flees into death valley. during the night she hallucinates and believes herself to be visited by queen calafia's spirit, who tells the autistic girl that the queen's own wealth was acquired by selling her subjects into sexual slavery to the muslims and christians. in the morning after, the police find the autistic girl and after a stand-off shoots her dead.

A black youngster in a poor neighbourhood gets into a fight on a sportsfield. His mom is fed up with his bahaviour and scared over his life and future, so she sends him to live with his wealthy aunt and uncle. This causes friction, combined with the youngsters ghetto attitude makes for some hilarious situations.

What literary merit is there in writing about vampires and superheroes ?

Getting a lot of fan mail dripping wet with pussy juice.

literary merit is getting soggy mail that smells vaguely sour

First-person, here second-person.

You are sixteen years old, and are seeing your first girlfriend. Midway through the summer between eleventh and twelfth year, she begins to hear voices in her head. She begins to take anti-psychotics and her mother begins to argue for having her hospitalized, but her father believes she can will her way through whatever it is that's going on. You attempt to be as supportive as you can through this process, though are emotionally overwhelmed and do not know whether you can maintain the amount of commitment you feel long term, despite feeling an opiating sense of her dependency upon you.
In time, she explains to you that the voices she hears are absolute truth, and that it was all explained to her in a dream from a mystic. She repeats, verbatim, to you what the mystic said, and you begin to hear these voices over the next few months, which you recognize to be the internal monologues of those around you. Being sixteen, this is completely overwhelming and you are emotionally overcome: The only solution you can conceive of is to spread this disease as far as you can. You manage to 'turn' several others into hearing the voices, and eventually it beings to spread. You cannot manage the emotional burden of knowing everyone's opinions of you, and commit suicide. The perspective transitions from first to third person.
Those whose internal thoughts are full of taboo or inappropriate things are quickly revealed and excluded, and before long councils are being held about whether or not these people should be executed before their dark ideations can become reality. Alongside these concerns among those with the 'disease', there is also the concern of the older generations, who seem not to be receptive to the voices. Once absolute empathy has been achieved in a select few, is there a moral obligation to destroy those who lack it? A civil war among the teenage mystically-aware occurs, settling on violent revolution against the authorities of their small town, implied to grow beyond it.

Point taken.

It's better than all these other faggots with their "It's about someone who goes crazy" bullshit

First book almost finished I can't sum up easily, first novel problems eh?
Second is a fucking great idea I can sum up in no time at all but is genuinely worth stealing but I'm not going to start it until the first is done.

Sounds like a great read

>genuinely worth stealing
Considering you post on Veeky Forums, I can guarantee it isn't

Pls buy my mediocre and sappy book:

amazon.com/Like-Ripples-Water-Collection-Parts/dp/1979629595/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514414464&sr=8-1&keywords=like ripples in water

barnesandnoble.com/w/like-ripples-in-water-garrett-willis/1127673066?ean=9781979629591

Or don't