Reading Adorno as a reactionary is actually pretty comfy tbqh

Reading Adorno as a reactionary is actually pretty comfy tbqh

Comfy as in realizing how jews really think and communicate their intentions to other jews?

Theodor wants to be a nazi so bad, but his race won't let him

Self-reflective political identity boundaries are a rock hard strong spook for a lot of people.

Literally doing the same with Jean Baudrillard.

When are we going to nuke america exactly?

I am a great fan of Gramsci for the same reason.

Benjamin. But that's a given.

How are the Frankfurts reactionaries? Please explain

Any marxist philosophy in a postmodern society is per se reactionary.

Also Adorno hated mass culture.

>Any marxist philosophy in a postmodern society is per se reactionary.
That's just another assertion, not what most people would call an explanation. I'm not even sure if you're wrong, but I need, like, a reason why.

>Also Adorno hated mass culture.
How does that make him reactionary?

Marx, Engels, Gramsci, Fromm, and Adorno are pretty much the only Marxists worth reading if you're not a Marxist.

I'd only add Luxembourg, Lenin, and, honestly, Mark Fisher to that list.

>Adorno hated mass culture
Adorno hated white culture

Hello where are the proof

Quite the opposite, actually.

Why has Veeky Forums acquired the habit of portraying marxists as worthwhile simply for going against postmodernism? They're still retarded materialists

ITT: based continentals

>spook

Jesus Christ, stop this.

You're not cool. You're not smart. You're just a cynical faggot.

Marxism is, as MacIntyre explained, useless as a positive philosophy and should be abandoned as such, but provides excellent insight into why capitalism sucks and how interests shape ideology.
I hate Adorno because of his style, but his ideas are incredibly easy to co-opt and placed in a reactionary context of even de Maistre if you want.
But don't read Habermas.

he hated black culture, the way he thought traditional relationships were being perverted and the breakdown of the extended and nuclear family, was a catholic and lamented the fall of mercy and christian morality.
no he hated culture industry, he advocated for catholic family values and classical western culture and art you posturing faggot. he didn’t like jock-milkshake-movies and coke culture, he didn’t like jazz-weed-cocktails-infidelity culture, he didn’t like high finance or holywood at all. please go back to your fucking containment board

Probably the only case you could make for the existence of the left-reactionary. Horseshoe theory really is true

If you think capitalism is some utopia you're a mongoloid, I don't need a jewish marxist to tell me that. Materialism is the very thing that brought us to this wreck, stop doing marketing for these cunts.
>they go against the grain
>therefore they're good
Marxist and capitalism both have the same end game, concentration of power in the hands of the same groups. The difference is basically 1984 x Brave New World. Marxists aren't geniuses for seeing capitalism is fucked up, they're just propagating a different kind of fucked up, but the end result is the same

Read a book, nigger. I hate polfags so much.

Don't let these jew posters let you believe Adorno held anything but contempt for white people. Adorno was the arch-kike of anti-white marxism.

hang u self booktard

Being a christian doesn't automatically make one a friend of whites, especially if they're more attuned to original Christianity, which is an offshoot of judaism. The only good things about catholicism is the pagan values it absorbed to penetrate Europe, and if he stood by those he wouldn't have become so prestigious, even more so in a Marxist circle jerk. Therefore him saying he fights for classical western culture doesn't mean anything, what matters are his actions and its consequences, and being a catholic considering the above premises means he goes actively against classical western culture. The only thing western catholicism actually preserves is part of Platonic philosophy, and that's because they copied and pasted his metaphysics to make their religion less of a dead body.

Have you ever read a word of what he wrote?

No. Lenin, Luxembourg, and Mao deserve to be read because of their historical significance and that's it.

Good argument there. Thanks for proving me right.

>he hated black culture
That's really not that true. He hated big band pop-jazz, shit like Frank Sinatra, Glenn Miller, and the like that dominated the airwaves of his time period. His arguments don't apply so well to bebop and so on.
>the way he thought traditional relationships were being perverted and the breakdown of the extended and nuclear family
That's a blatant misreading of Adorno. He's a marxist, he knows that traditional relationships were already fucked. Marx already said that in the German Ideology, which, alongside the first Volume of Capital, is the bread and butter of the frankfurts.

If anything, the continual promotion and fetishization of the nuclear family in his time period actually further undermined meaningful human relationships between people and family members. It establishes the family as an economical unit led by a feudal patriach, alongside some spook that that relationship is necessarily "higher" or "more natural" than any other one, etc.

>was a catholic and lamented the fall of mercy and christian morality.
Dude mostly identified as jewish, so it seems. His dad was also an assimilated jew converted protestant. Not much evidence of any sort of sympathy with the catholic religion.

Please actually go read Adorno, you fucking pseud.

I can agree with Mao, and maybe even Lenin, Rosa's an actually good theorist though.

Baudrillard was criticized precisely because he was seen as a reactionary. He really is the anti-Foucault.

His remarks on scholasticim were laughable in Problems of Moral Philosophy, he even rants about how they believed that everything has a cause. So indeed, nothing in my reading of him suggested any not even love, but basic understanding of Catholicism.

To be fair this isn't exclusive to Adorno, very few philosophers are educated in theology and when they attempt to criticize religion it becomes deeply obvious.

>not bebop nigger jams
nah he clearly hated all black culture because its barbaric and anti-culture
>you misread
no little stasi i didn’t misread he clearly despises vagina, phallus worship kike’d culture and rejects all the amoral thinking of most 20th century marxists.
>dude
>identified as a jew
ethnically yes, he was a crypto-catholic in every sense and spends huge parts of Dialectic of Enlightenment crying about christian morality being subverted
>akshually read him!!1!
lol at you little grub

>this kills the jew

>t. nigger lover traitor

nice pedophile reaction image sweetheart, you gonna try to twist the man’s words some more because his hatred of gays, niggers and debauchery doesn’t fit with your homo-social set?

Indeed, which is incredibly odd since he only had to read 2-3 volumes of Garrigou-Lagrange to understand the basics of Catholic thought (then a lot more simple to reach than now).

Not trying to be a douche, but if it weren't for Bill Evans and Gil Evans during the 60s Miles wouldn't have achieved such heights. Listen to Walkin and related albums. Some like them, but to me it's obvious there's something lacking, and those albums are as classic Miles as it gets

>he was a crypto-catholic in every sense
Will the subversive jew posters please leave?

>Fromm
STOP THIS MEME

>Critique of Enlightenment = Pro Catholic
what did user mean?

Well Adorno despised American influenced mass culture just as deeply as someone like Evola, albeit for a different set of reasons.