Any Puritan works worth reading?

Any Puritan works worth reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

blueletterbible.org/comm/edwards_jonathan/sermons/sinners.cfm
youtube.com/watch?v=BBZfLP3EtWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping a post of interest on this day of uncouth pagan festivities.

Nice

Queer cover, I would have went with plain green felt

Milton obvs
Based Mather

Moby Dick

Varg is basically a puritan that somehow convinced himself Pagans weren't drunken sodomites

>pass the semen jug, Thor

John Bunyan - Pilgrim's Progress, Holy War
Cotton Mather's diary
Anne Bradstreet, Complete Poems
Nathaniel Hawthorne, Scarlet Letter, Twice-Told Tales

>Pilgrim's Progress

Ah yes, this is a huge name in literature yet I never hear it talked about

Oh look, it's the guy who doomed England.

>doomed England.
>solidified the Parliamentary-Bourgeois rulership that enabled the rise of an Industrial Empire

>let the jews back in who would parasite off of then implode that empire before opening the gates to the third world hordes to feed off its ruins.

Absolute trite, as if the Royalists wouldn't have done the same.

Face the facts, champ. You got subverted by outsiders.

True but Aristocrats are basically just proto-Jews anyway. The progress of history made the rise of Jews inevitable

As bad as an aristocracy can be it'll always be better than having jews in their positions.

I absolutely disagree. Even the Jewest of Jews is just guided by greed and perversion. Despicable but corporeal. Aristocrats are straight up Satanic (see Hillary et all)

Don't be stupid. With jews you get your borders opened to the world, which is not something a homogeneous aristocratic class will do... unless coerced by jews.

remember when Thor crossdressed as a woman and got fucked by a giant as a trick to get his hammer back?
Remember when Odin was a huge dick all the time and would suddenly allow his favourite chosen people to die just so he could have them in Valhalla with him?

Read the anthology edited by Perry Miller on the Puritans. Milton is probably the greatest English poet of all time, but I wouldn't read him as an exemplary Puritan because even by Puritan standards he is quite heretical. Milton authored his own book on Christian Doctrine that doesn't quite fit into any single category besides being broadly Protestant.

t. Catholic with Puritan ancestors

C-Christian lies!

bump

>ny Puritan works worth reading?
MOBY DICCC

Jonathan Edwards is Brutal

>There is no want of power in God to cast wicked men into hell at any moment. Men’s hands cannot be strong when God rises up. The strongest have no power to resist him, nor can any deliver out of his hands.—He is not only able to cast wicked men into hell, but he can most easily do it. Sometimes an earthly prince meets with a great deal of difficulty to subdue a rebel, who has found means to fortify himself, and has made himself strong by the numbers of his followers. But it is not so with God. There is no fortress that is any defense from the power of God. Though hand join in hand, and vast multitudes of God’s enemies combine and associate themselves, they are easily broken in pieces. They are as great heaps of light chaff before the whirlwind; or large quantities of dry stubble before devouring flames. We find it easy to tread on and crush a worm that we see crawling on the earth; so it is easy for us to cut or singe a slender thread that any thing hangs by: thus easy is it for God, when he pleases, to cast his enemies down to hell. What are we, that we should think to stand before him, at whose rebuke the earth trembles, and before whom the rocks are thrown down?
blueletterbible.org/comm/edwards_jonathan/sermons/sinners.cfm
youtube.com/watch?v=BBZfLP3EtWI

Cudworth

Bump.

Special mention for HP Lovecraft, he might not have been a Christian but he greatly appreciated Puritan values

anything to come out of neo-con think tanks

Cromwell inspired Paradise Lost

>remember when Thor crossdressed as a woman and got fucked by a giant as a trick to get his hammer back?
They never fucked they only kissed and Thor murdered him.
>Remember when Odin was a huge dick all the time and would suddenly allow his favourite chosen people to die just so he could have them in Valhalla with him?
That's a really nice thing though. They all went to the highest form of paradise to be with the leader of their Gods.

Why didn't you mention the violent Horse Rape and hybrid demon impregnation? Have you even read the Eddas?

>They never fucked they only kissed

Only in the PG-13 version

Does the "PG-13 version" also include interspecies rape, Violent anal rape (Strait and Gay), multiple head explosions, necrophilia, murdering toddlers, a skeletonized baby sucking blood from its' mothers roasting necrotic tit as they sail on a warship made of dead men's toenails, etc?
I think it's more likely that you're reading some LGBTQ version.

I said PG-13 not G

This thread is shit

Read the Day of Doom, God's Controversy with New England, Anne Bradstreet

wow bro that’s fucking METAL

PROUD2BEWHYTE

>Anne Bradstreet

Never heard of her before, will check her out, thank you

>PROUD2BEWHYTE
Not 100% sure what you're trying to imply by this but I assume you're saying that liking Norse Mythology makes you a White supremacist. If that is what you're saying, fuck off. Anybody can enjoy Norse Mythology, you dongle.

Dumb shit, this post chain started because we were talking about Varg