How realistic is this for someone who hasn't read regularly for a few years?

How realistic is this for someone who hasn't read regularly for a few years?

Can I get some recommendations, especially in the science/tech/math section and classical/historical?

this jpg turns me on.

Imagine trying to force yourself into a scheme to read.

Just make sure you read every day dude. Find a book that sounds interesting and just keep reading. Forcing yourself into bullshit like this is never going to work. It's way more likely to just make you hate reading.

>business/self-improvement
>non-European literature
hahaaha holy shit

New years guys! I'm gonna force myself to be a real intellectual! 2018 here I come! Check my book list!

The 1 piece of non-European literature is at least three times as smart and right as everything else, so if you're running low one month it's okay to round out your numbers by correctly rating it as the equivalent of seven math books. Make sure to hit the business and self-improvement books pretty hard because they're going to be the second most challenging and will definitely have an immediate and apparent impact on your life.

I would consider starting an instagram to help keep you on your goals and maybe attend a Ted talk about how women aren't too dumb to learn engineering. A Ted talk counts as at least fifty books in terms of intellectual content, and voting for a Democrat counts as 120 books, or whatever your year-end goal is (which is kind of low compared to mine 2bh)

OP; when you shit, does it come out perfectly regular cubes?

Well I'm a girl btw, so I don't poop

That is an unholy number of books for anyone to read in such a short amount of time; more so, if that person isn't a regular reader.

Two books a week is going to destroy you.

>2 business/self improvement books

replace these with philosophy and you'd have a decent plan

>inb4 hurr The Prince is self-improvement
>inb4 hurr The Wealth of Nations is business

Nobody ever improved himself by reading a "self improvement book."

>read one book every 3 days
Seems legit

it just builds up inside? ewww.

Easy if the books aren't longer than around 350 pages

>self-improvement books

Not gonna make it

>2 bussiness/self improvement books

>2 bussiness/self improvement books

>turning reading into a grocery list

I think you should give this book a try. It made me stop reading "to have read" and start reading simply because I loved doing it. Incredibly liberating.

Sounds really effeminate, some of us have goals and intellectual projects you fat pussy bitch

That's fair have a nice day

for 2018 I set the goal of reading:
Anne Karenina
The meme trilogy
Moby Dick
Les Miserables
and whatever amount of books with less than 400 pages

is it a realistic goal? I usually read short novels and my favorite to this point was quite literally 1984

What are your intellectual projects user?

I want to trigger the race war

You could definitely do that

jej

That's probably around ~6000 pages, so roughly 20 pages a day.

Definitely doable.

try 1 book every two weeks. It's definitely more realistic.

>I usually read short novels and my favorite to this point was quite literally 1984

Kek, that's funny because the langauage was overly complicated and needlessly long from what I remember, so you shouldn't have a problem reading less complex and shorter books.

>business/self improvement books

>some of us have goals and intellectual projects you fat pussy bitch
so what do you do? Shit on paper?

depends on the size. If we're talking 200 pages that can easily be done in a few days just with 4-5 hours a day of reading. If we're talking something like Les Miserables, then you might need to set more realistic goals

Nobody will make it past month 3 without burning out.

Aim for quality. Read a good book and let it soak in, devote time to thinking about its contents. That will teach you much more than thoughtless binging.

You can't read two stem books in a month, assuming you do all the problems in the problem set or at least more than half.

No, this is completely unrealistic. Maybe half that amount, but even then you'd have to read like crazy to get through everything.
Also you're going to get sick on this stupid framework very quickly. It's much better to read whatever you want to read. To restrain your reading to specific genres and turn it into homework just to get through everything you want to will just ruin your experience and you'll burn out quickly.

Spreading yourself that thinly is a good way to learn nothing.

to be perfectly honest, this can be done if you just read summaries...

This here is the path to enlightenment

This, there is no clearcut, guaranteed way to become educated.

If you're a neet yes

This is not realistic. You will likely not be reading 100 pages per day (3-5 hours per day with average reading speed). You're better off reading 1-2 books (War of Art by Pressfield and Meditations by Marcus Aurelius) and then allocating the extra ~4 hours per day on executing whatever real life goals you have for yourself.

>"business/self improvement"
>you (and whatever reddit/NPR/faggot community who made this) equate business improvement with self improvement, you stake the quality of your identity in the quality of your financial success
>your dead from the start if this is your mindset going in

this discovery is likely more valuable than anything someone like you will learn from whatever shit-tier books you'll probably be reading, faggot

having a big goal like this only will make you feel like a failure. if your goal is 50 pages a day, that's easy and you'll feel good when you do it, then do more. if your goal is 500 a day if you read 100 you'll feel like the failure you are

hahahhaaha. OP you are going to die one day and you will not have achieved a fifth of what you had planned. good night

>2 STEM books
>per month
There's a reason that even semi-serious STEM students only tackle 2-4 books per semester (a little under 1 per month). It's because that shit takes time. If you actually want to understand the material, an intro to physics/chemistry/biology book should be read at a rate of no more than 2 chapters per week, and you should do at least half of the exercises in each chapter.

>t. STEM student who tested out of all his freshman-year courses because of independent study

The other stuff is equally unrealistic, unless all you want to read is 100-page novellas and shitty pop-psychology pamphlets.

If you're trying to get back into reading, read 1-2 high-school core novel(s) and 1 textbook per month. That's all you can realistically expect from yourself if you want to understand what you've read.

>2 biographies
fucking why

>not reading The Mahabharata (unabridged) once a month
ur list is a joke bud

How cute, he thinks we're mortal like him.

You should pick 1 literary movement, or style of politics, or period of history, or philosoohy tradition,. and become an expert at it.

Maybe just 1 author and read and get to know all their work.

What this plan will do is you wont even remember the titles of the books youve read by next year

You're gonna get tired of reading that many self improvement books very quickly. Most of it is just filler and rehashed truisms better conveyed through classical lit anyway.

Lower your goals to 5+ books a month instead. More easily achieved, rewarding, and you mitigate the risk of burning yourself out because you're forcing it too much.

Explain

not realistic

you'd have to be an idiot to think that is balanced.

given that you are an idiot, you aren't going to manage that

t. dumb female nigger

self improvement books are a bunch of bland platitudes without any particular insight and they are fucking boring and reiterative too.

business books are even worse, in that they are even more boring and less useful. if i had a secret way to becoming rich, i wouldn't share it with you, dumbass.

just watch ted talks, the talentless hacks who write these books either see those to get ideas, or are featured in them.