Got this for Christmas. Time to turn my life around

Got this for Christmas. Time to turn my life around.

You mean time to become a mind reading billionaire!

good for you OP :-)

Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

This books reddit teir advice is all common sense, that most well raised people acquired from there parents naturally.

The whole book could have been a small blog post on some mommy Facebook thread.

I guess I don’t hate the book, but more so the idea that there are so many people out there that needed to read this book to acquire basic social skills that this book is considered a “classic masterpiece” from so many people having to read it.

At the same time I can’t blame you for trying to self improve.

k whatever dude

You'll be a top tier traveling salesman from the 1930s in no time.

>I just got this life. Time to turn this book around!

sorry, user, this bewk is a meme

Except common sense isn't so common. The "You Can't Win and Argument" chapter seems particularly relevant, considering today's political climate. It's astounding how many people willfully start or engage in heated political arguments all for the vain motivation to prove someone wrong, and make them look stupid, without ever taking into consideration the fact that doing so is counterproductive to maintaining their relationships with the people they are debating and the people present, be they friends, classmates, or coworkers.

But I agree, the book can be trimmed down to a pamphlet by removing all the anecdotes.

this book only works on disagreeable people, not beta faggots

But Fromm says that book is shit

So is this "just b urself" the book?

generational decay is real

its very important to understand bad parenting is very common. it's almost your moral obligation user to teach young people how to think, because you're very fortunate in having a 'normal' upbringing (which turns out is very abnormal).

of course you could just go on and become a manipulative she-demon who fucks her way to the top of the human pyramid, but if you actually want to help, the best way to help people is to give them mental tools to help themselves.

it's the fastest, scales the best, and is infectious, productive successful people tend to elevate others around them to being the same, and if they are polite, conscientious and agreeable this lifts the entire community.

no, i'm pretty sure it's all about manipulating and dominating other people.

>its very important to understand bad parenting is very common
This, no such thing as a parenting license l. If one were required and only given to people who should be raising children we'd have a very small population.

>principle 1: don't criticize people
how is letting people step on you good advice

It's not stepping on you, dipshit. Simply, listen to what they say, don't argue and end up doing your own thing. Pointless arguments/criticism is just wasted time.

Why did you just criticize me?

>time to turn my life around!

Because you're a faggot and I had the time to tell you you're a faggot. :)

Kek

This, the book is basically how to be a beta nice guy, which means people probably won't hate you, but it's not going to work well for actual close relationships

if you have to read a book on how to be a sociopath or psychopath you are not going to make it. these are innate qualities

It's easy to take things for granted.

"that's a stupid fucking idea" vs "that's great, but have you considered x?"

this is it. i'm gonna make it big after i'm done with this.