Tfw not obsessed with anything

what are my fellow Veeky Forumsizens obsessed with(if anything)?
does it make you feel like some mediocre normalfag that you aren't?
how do i become more passionate?

read adorno's essay on hobbies called 'free time'. pdf is available if you google it

>tfw Veeky Forums will always spoonfeed you
feels good d e s u

disease on a macro and micro level, the black death, the early computers, programming, clash of cultures, language, art, the essence of nothing, REE and such.
>does it make you feel like some mediocre normalfag that you aren't?
I don't understand.
>how
because the alternative is being depressed. Try to start looking forward to waking up and doing things. Either you like it or not, it always feels well afterwards.

I used to be when I was a teen, then my depression got critical and I'm pretty much soulless now. If I get off my meds I don't get passion, just non-linear messed up thoughts and the inevitable derealization+depression combo which is intolerable

I'm obsessed with free time. Like it's my hobby to maximize the amount of time I get to fill in with subhobbies.

Start studying and practicing music. It's fun.

read carlyle's on heroes and hero worship

her.

>wat are you “”””””””obsessed with””””””
star fire
>do you feel bad if not
no because i am
>how do i have a soul
lol

>people still believe in magical temperaments of mind like endless curiosity or pure genius that nullify the fact of work and deny the necessity of effort.

Nobody comes to learn great things but by sucking it up and doing the work.

this
best feel is being a good jazz/blues musician who can join in with a band even if youve never heard the song in your life before
I always look forward to open jams at this bar I live near

Not to any autistic extent. I do like math, I'll watch some youtube videos on it if I get bored. I don't feel bad and I don't care if I seem like a normalfag because there's nothing wrong with that, frogposter. Find something you like and enjoy- do some of it.

"If we suppose with Marx-"

Start to excercise

I feel exactly the same way. But if you focus on one thing then people line up to call you a pleb because you havent done other stuff like seen 500 operas and read 9001 shitty pomo novels and shit like that.

That is why I plan to read a few patrician books, learn some basic maths topics, go through one cs textbook, and then ignore all outside opinion and do what I want and hopefully get obsessed with programming. I will become more passionate by ignoring all outside opinion and doing only what I like. No more reading boring books because i feel i have to

For more detail

>books: war and peace, brothers karamazov, the republic
>maths: just going through some of an engineering mathematics textbook on topics like linear algebra, statistics etc. (stuff I should have put more effort in to learning at university)
>CS textbook: SICP, but maybe ill put this off the list

I'm obsessed with reading. The real trick now will to become obsessed with writing.

>lives by memes

"If you have a hobby it means you're controlled by whatever industry that hobby belongs to!"
This is retarded.

Just be glad OP. Obsessing over stuff comes naturally with being an aspie, but it also comes with social retardation and consequent existential dread. For context I spend 10-12 hours a day studying weather/climate related material. It's my hobby and passion that has become a job, so I basically do it all day every day.

force yourself into the obsession until it's the only thing you know and if you abandon it you will be lost and hopeless (ideally jobless, homeless, friendless)

there, now you're passionate and can turn that froggy frown upside down

wow, I'm also trying to get into math/programming. I'm trying to get through this book this winter break. I also want to read like 1 textbook on stats or finance.

>snake with poison fangs
>python
Why are most programmers so uneducated? I seriously hope this is some meta humor going over my head.

I'm obsessed with too much stuff. It sucks because my interest is powerful and intense, yet fleeting. All of the people who were the best at something were obsessed with one thing and stuck to it their entire lives.

That sounds fun. I mostly play in my basement alone, smoking jazz cables.

you had to be there man snake had teeth mang

>having interests
anomie of the soul is patrician as fuck

I'm obsessed with alcohol because I'm an alcoholic.

I am also obsessed with my exes.

>I don't understand
Being passionless and shifting through life as it comes just doing the same trivial shit everyday

thanks brah

>start reading it expecting something coherent
>immediately get bombarded with jewish psychobabble
Thanks no thanks

Try not to overthink it. I have some hobbies, but when I lose interest and start to think “where did my passion go?”, it only makes it worse. I’ve ruined good shows for myself simply because I couldn’t decide whether I’m enjoying it or not.

There wasn't any psycho-babble. In fact, the essay is mostly written in clear language, doesn't assume knowledge of some obscure philosopher, and the concepts are straightforward.

cryptocurrency

Probably the only things I'm truly obsessed with are sexs and alcohol.

Literature is but a mere hobby, though I like to think it's 'my passion.'

not that guy but I just read the first half and it's basically

>dude the term "hobby" itself is gay, wtf I take all my activities seriously, I don't have a "hobby" you fucking capitalist asshole. the idea of "free time" itself sucks because it depends on unfree time, one day you plebs will know true freedom and never consider your actions to be hobbies or free time to be a thing

yawn. I don't want to read further, this is going nowhere. luckily I already have a few of my own obsessions.

this. There is too much nice shit happening in the world to not find something interesting. But finding too much shit won't let me focus on a few things

my girlfriend, this isn't healthy and it's gonna end in flames but everything about her is perfect right now

t. walking dead superfan

I obsessed with having myself or my progeny attend Harvard one day.

>what are my fellow Veeky Forumsizens obsessed with(if anything)?
YuGiOh.
>does it make you feel like some mediocre normalfag that you aren't?
Tbh I'd rather be normal and just enjoy things a healthy amount that doesn't interfere with my life. As is I spend upwards of $250 a month on my hobby with no ROI and I don't even enjoy it anymore.
>how do i become more passionate?
Thank the high heavens you aren't.

I'm obsessed with reading the fuck do you think I'm here for.

No one's saying you don't have to work, only that curiosity and passion make working fun and exciting so there's no need to "suck it up".

On the Road by Jack Kerouac