Hi Veeky Forums, why don't we create our own Space Fantasy Adventure?

Hi Veeky Forums, why don't we create our own Space Fantasy Adventure?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heh fuckoff queeeer

I'm not confident enough in my knowledge of physics, engineering, and biology, and I'm not about to use space as a cheap backdrop for a shitty normie adventure

>fantasy
also,
>space is real

Because I stay away from people like you in rael life.

You are an idiot if you think physics, engineering and biology has anything to do with space fantasy adventures.

I hate how people have shut their brains up to stories to open them to retarded autistic shit like that.

As long as there are dragons

>m-mind if I p-play too boys? :3

There aren't enough eldritch horror space ships

Star Wars never troubled itself with explaining their science away. It just reveled in swashbuckling through the space faring aesthetic. This is fine:You need not explain the workings of a lightbulb whenever a character flicks a switch,right?

alien with Big Milkie and Penis

Well, Star Wars isn't good.

I have two demands. David Bowie and his bulge in Labyrinth are major characters. His bulge jiggles to communicate.

This is an actual line:
".fuck you" -ee cummins

Yes, but not because of that.

not that user btw

As a game, you mean? Like, we all write a sentence, or a paragraph, or something?
You can call me The Scarab, 'cause I'm about to get this ball of shit rolling:

"Sorry pal, no humans allowed".
The large, red-skinned lizardman snarled in what Jath Spexter, the Handsome, Intergalactic Space Rogue could only interpret as a smile. Jath looked down, sighed, and with an exaggeratedly exasperated expression looked back up at the lizardman.
"You must recognize me. I'm Jath Spexter, the Handsome Intergalactic Space Rogue. Surely you've heard of me, at least?"
The lizardman shook his head, or at least gesticulated in such lizardman fashion as to indicate that he had not, in fact, heard tell of Jath.
"Well, that's your loss!" Jath said in a huff.
"Are you... crying?" asked the lizardman.
"No! Just got some - space dust in my eye. It's not like I'm crestfallen or anything".
Jath was crestfallen. To be sure, Mordak was out of the way as far as star systems went, but this was THE Jath Spexter! His exploits were as innumerable as the stars in the sky - absconding with the Laser Spoons of Larglak, fending off the Freelance Fencers of Falhoon, stealing a kiss from the lips of the third Imperial Princess of Orlok 7: such things were well within the realm of feats achievable by the Handsome Intergalactic Space Rogue (if he cared to, of course).
"Well, if you're so grand, what're you doing out here, trying to enter a club like this?"
"Hmph!" Jath snorted, a smirk forming at the corners of his mouth. "Isn't it obvious? To play - and win - at the high-stakes Jorbo Jorbo tables of Mungun-Suuth!"

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg

The adventures of Cosmo Starburger

just watch tarkovsky's solaris.

The year is 3369 LY. The Empire has been dismantled and sent to trash worlds. The benevolent Jedi dictators have discovered a new enemy and powerful force user, The Chad. Not much is known about The Chad...

soyboys are going way too far now.

star wars doesn't even have consistent logic in it's fake magic system, so you're wrong, it's pretty bad

Well, I am trying to. However, whether or not it will be successful is honestly going to depend on my skill and imagination.

Here's a shitty plot for those who don't have any sort of originality. After a great war which raged across the galaxy, a new empire with a royal family has arisen and is trying to reconnect the broken remnants of humanity. However, one day it comes across a bit of humanities history which they really should have left buried. A group of combat robots which are designed to do nothing but kill. Using cyborgs and space marines, the new empire attempts to bury these remnants of humanity's mistakes and the secrets which they contain.

Sounds like a shitty anime plot. Also, where is the "adventure" part?

Will this lovable scamp be our breakout character?

An ancient space captain, taking advantage of cybernetics, the time dilation of near-light speed, and cryonics he has long ago surpassed normal human aging
(without ever giving specific numbers the only hint should be that he has a 'normal' sounding name)

The emerging Thot government has assembled a force tasked with suppressing a beta uprising on Pepe 9, where the Chad was last seen. The Jedi's have also sent their agents to investigate...

that is basically the setting of warhammer 40k. after the dark age of technology, mankind was scattered. so the emperor + his family of primarchs arises, crusades to unite humanity, and purges the aliens. meanwhile a cult of technology worshippers is found on mars, and they do all they can to reclaim the old secrets and keep plebs from fucking about with technology. also before even the dark age, there were combat robots called the Men of Iron, these hellish creations are why AI is banned in the 40k universe. complete with literal space marines, as 40k sorta popularized the concept (alongside starship troopers and arguably some older stuff)

warhammer 40k should be required reading for all prospective science fiction/-fantasy authors. even if you don't like the cheesy over the top space fantasy with WWII aesthetics tanks beside demons from a hell made of emotions, 40k has just covered so much ground that you outta read it so that you don't end up reinventing the wheel, in a "simpsons did it" kind of way. not trying to shit on your parade and I hope your thing turns out good, I just think you should check out 40k to see what's up so you can perhaps differentiate yourself. not like all good stories have to be completely original.

you could start by reading the 2 major wikis, lexicanum and the 40k wiki. I guess just reading about all the major factions and cosmology would be good enough, I'm not sure how to suggest somebody digest the years of autistic lore I have absorbed, mainly because I actually do like 40k and play the tabletop game where you assemble, alter, and paint your own miniature armies.

tfw no spacetrap >gf