Could anyone reccomend any actually horrifying horror novels?

Could anyone reccomend any actually horrifying horror novels?

mai daiare the su

the Bible

My Work is Not Yet Done

>my dairy desu
>the bible
Nobody even puts effort in the shit postings making them actually worth shit

that fanfiction with some guy eating his own anal snot

>A beast is attacking you right now! Be terrified!
A fictional book will never be as scary as real life. Even if the literature acutely describes the horrors of a bipedal lion with crossbow arms storming out of your closet, the reader has no obligation to attempt to resolve that situation. Especially if the book has 400 more pages left in it.
If that monster really attacked, the victim would be constrained by the effects of time, adrenaline, physiological limitations, and the lack of future knowledge. Factors like that are what contribute to the response we consider horror. (That's also why films and video games evoke a stronger horror response. They incorporate more of those factors in a time-sensitive setting.)
If you really want to be spooked by a book, read about real tyranny and death. Consider how many of your high school classes could fit in the estimated victims of your favorite genocide. Find a book on serial killers, medical foul-ups, or unpredictable/uncurable maladies.
The threat of insanity is another fear that literature could effectively tap into, but I've never seen it effectively done.

I used the word "effectively" twice in the same sentence.
Shame on me.

You ever shake your penis and slap it against your thigh?

Pet Semetary is a scary book

can't confirm because i haven't read his works but i've heard good things about Thomas Ligotti

I like Ligotti but I wouldn't really call his work "horrifying". It's more strange and melancholy.

House of Leaves.

Most things by Lovecraft. I like the shadow over innsmouth

my anuswer to that queefstion is my peenus weenus ofintercourse

I've never gotten too scared from a book, but I did think The Exorcist was somewhat sp00ky.

À rebours.

I am surprised to say this, but I found Revival by Stephen King was genuinely disturbing. Like most of King's books it was rather bloated and could have a couple hundred pages pruned away, but the end was really good.

This was freaky as fuck.

COME AN AV A GO IF YA FINK YER ARD ENUFF

Brian Evenson's writing is pretty spooky, and some of his work is even a little Veeky Forums

can I take ask of this thread about recommendations for mystery books