What books did you get for christmas Veeky Forums?

What books did you get for christmas Veeky Forums?

I got some headphones.

I don't like them. Probably gonna return them.

>I am so introverted XD

Hitler Triumphant and some trivia books.
I also got a B&N gift card I spent on a fancy hardcover lovecraft collection

haha us wacky introverts xD we all love magic n sheit

>headphones are books

The Nix, Europe Central, The Waves, Hyperion and Vineland.

Rohan at the Louvre
The Sailor who Fell From Grace With the Sea
The Sound of Waves
and Hirohiko Araki's Manga in Theory and Crafting
plus many different Blueray movies

Pic related, anyone know if its any good?

>XD im sooooooo introverted sometimes I only suck 4 dicks a week, omg im SHERLOCKED
god i wish people would stop celebrating undesirable personality traits. btw OP you're either a faggot or a woman

sci fi and fantasy have been ruined by women and sjws
there's nothing to discuss

save the cat
your screenplay sucks
screenplay: the foundations of screenwriting
adventures in the screen trade
writing movies for fun and profit
how fiction works

White Fang - Jack London
2666 - Bolano
The Man In The High Castle - Dick
Narcissus & Goldmund - Hesse

>food
im not a fat pig like you are you stupid fucking cunt

and i got:

Naked Lunch
Gravity’s Rainbow

you septum pierced witch, fuck you.

I got some other stuff too but this was the highlight.

What did I get or what did I buy with Christmas-appropriated financial endowments? Becauss I don't "get" anything. Haven't really for many years.

I do feel a deep mistrust and disgust for anyone who would post anything like this. The fake, webcomic cuteness of celebrating something that should not be celebrated, at least in this way, with the obligatory nerd pop culture reference, makes me deeply distressed in realizing that these people probably consider me a compatriot.

I got a 50 dollar gift certificate for a used bookstore and I'll probably buy a nice folio society edition, they have a lot of them there.

did you ask for the trivia books? I've actually never heard of this concept until just now and I'm trying to find the best one online.

It's probably specific trivia and not generic, right?

like, half of the world is introverted, so there's a 50/50 chance, really.

no

>half of the world is introverted
You got any proof for that kid? 'Cause it's not like you could tell from just going outside

The snows of kilamanjaro and gaimans view from the cheap seats. Pretty good stuff

>Susan Cain's 2012 book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking reports that studies indicate 33–50% of the American population are introverts.[17]

I mean, the whole introvert/extravert thing is mostly bullshit, I think. I'd wager most people would assign to themselves at least one introverted trait.

Most people need their me-space, and the kind of people that can do small talk on an elevator without feeling awkward are, from my experience from being outside, on the minority.

Jelly

war and war
the nix
the exegesis of philip k dick
a season in hell
illuminations
various latin textbooks

>If on a Winter's Night a Traveler, Calvino
>Negations, Marcuse
>The Crying lot of 49, Pynchon
>The World Goes on, Krasznanonrkai
>Revolutionary Ideas, Israel

My mentor/old professor got me an Italian leather-bound journal. My best friend also got me one but it was a hard-cover.

I wish I could watch that delicate little neck roll wobble around ever so daintily as you splutter out rage at a woman over a social media post. God, I bet your face gets so red!

The Gallic war commentaries and mindfulness in plain English, I want to start meditating and an intro to my history interest, listened to a podcast about it so I want to go more into it

And unironically used some amazon gift cards to buy the Harry Potter series

I asked for a few. I got the Book of the New Sun series. I asked for a book on how to better perform tarot readings but my sister thinks it's witchcraft and bought me a calligraphy set instead.

The Starship & The Canoe

>Shakespeare's sonnets (Arden)
>Complete poems of John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester
>John Donne's poetry (Norton)
>Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot
>Complete poems of Hart Crane

Hopscotch by Cortazar

A bunch of self-help books about dating

I got:

>A Year Of Writing Dangerously, 365 Days Of Inspiration & Encouragement

This is the one I've been digging into so far

>On Writer' Block, A New Approach To Creativity

>Negoting With The Dead, A Writer On Writing

>Simple And Direct, A Rhetoric For Writers

And one big ass blank diary with the title "Dream Big"

Fromm's Escape From Freedom (Dry, aimless, and redundant.) and Gladwell's Outliers.

I got a fidget spinner. Glows in the dark.

Nice dude

That book was pop psy and rest of your post proves you're a brainlet that can't understand personality from a psychological perspective.

a fender squier p-bass and amp

Pamela and Shamela.

He apologized when I opened them. What am I in for? He's overstating it, I know, but does anyone have an opinion? I've somehow made it pretty far without reading this, and since he's giving me a clear parody/satire as half of the gift, I assume there's at least something strange in it.

wait oops

I pirated some 33 1/3 books and Elvis Costello's autobiography.
I like to read something about pop music along with whatever novel I'm on.
Otherwise, I got lots of clothes for Christmas. Books are too expensive. They're best bought at the thrift store.
I like to think I have a healthy disrespect of books. My friends are appalled by the way I abuse paperbacks, cracking their spines, stuffing them down my back pocket if they're thin enough, tearing out pages to write memos. Someone got really mad at for tearing my copy of 1Q84 in three parts. The thing was just too fucking big.
I dunno. I hate hardcovers because they're not as portable as I want them to be. I don't understand the material obsession for books. I can't get romantic about it. I like my fucked up paperbacks. Not only do you get some great art on the go, but you get a coaster and an ashtray too.
Sorry for the blog post.

First Order Logic - Smullyan
Algebra Chapter 0
Topoi , the categorial analysis of logic

Umad humanities fags?

lmao no you fucking neckbeard

>not having food aplenty at Christmas
fucking Grinch

Not a one, sadly.

When We Were Orphans - Kazuo Ishiguro
And a book about shoes

pretty comfy

>he isnt a brainchad that is handsome, well read and in STEM
O i am laffin

What amp, bruv? I don't know much about bass amps but I bought myself a pedal sized power amp for guitar called Magnum 44. It's crazy how something that tiny will pump my 4x12 cabinet.

anna karenina, brothers karamazov, pilgrim's progress

Introversion is not an undesirable trait. I'd wager that most writers and scientists were introverts, since these are solitary pursuits.
The thing is that normie perception of introversion is that of full-onset autism.

It's readable

there are still some good ones though

sounds boring

I got Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit too

David Foster Wallace "Broom of the System"
Richard Brautigan "Watermelon Sugar"
Thomas Morris "We Don't Know What Were Doing"
Knausgaard "My Struggle Volume 2"

stoner, GEB, Man and his symbols

my book haul

Are the Aristotle ones rice paper too?

>Hitler Triumphant
Have you read all of the Green Hill alternate history short story books?

no not like the Plato one
very good quality all round though

Nice. Now you just need a nice notebook and pen for going through the Aristotle.

I have both, I was suprised how big they were' I guess I didn;t really realize the breadth of his work, but its understandable considering he wrote about fucking everything

I think I'll read Plato's dialogues that I haven't read previously then move onto Aristotle

The only book someone bought for me was a duplicate copy of The Romanovs.
I had to buy my own books with Christmas money

Alternating between them might be a good idea. I never want to read Aristotle again but Plato is super comfy.

GEB is the most beautiful book i ever read

My brother got Vol 11 of John Chrystosom on Purity and Marriage, I got Kristen trilogy of Sigrid Undset.

100 Years of Solitude.

>opening my present
>4-5 older relatives breathing down my neck
>it's the cover with a naked woman on it
>'what is it about user?'
>'incest and stuff'
Thankfully the author is a Nobel price winner so everyone reasoned that it can't be a book for pervs.

>I asked for a book on how to better perform tarot readings but my sister thinks it's witchcraft and bought me a calligraphy set instead
lol

Got Either/Or. Am going to save it till I read Fear and Trembling first though.

Well, elegant. In the sense mathematicians use that word.

The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe ; unfortunate that it's in translation, but she couldn't know.

I don't think I've ever read a book that left me feeling more unconvinced about its thesis.

we all have to start somewhere. I made the mistake of starting with PM.

Good selection there anion

What's that 'on writers block' like?

And I got book of Dave and fathers and sons