Nietzsche lost it because he never did zen. he didn't strive for total detachment nirvana...

nietzsche lost it because he never did zen. he didn't strive for total detachment nirvana. he reacted so strongly against schopenhauer that he had a lifelong bias against buddhism. opium gave him a taste of ataraxia and he realized he'd wasted all his efforts merely thinking. he saw through his own pretensions and felt crushed. he went from superior ego to inferior ego, one extreme to another. buddhism is no-ego. complete deprogramming of conception of self. nirvana is extinction with no possibility of rebirth. that should have been nietzsche's only goal and purpose in life.

what zen do you know?

what does ataraxia have to do with parinirvana or satori?

wouldn’t a simpler explanation for his psychosis be his overwhelming hatred for germans, disappointment in his dying civilization and lack of exposure as a philosopher, his inability to find a mate while being cognizant of the importance of race, syphilis and degenerative neurological diseases?

Yes, I agree this is why is efforts failed himself.

But that's not to say Buddhism is without ego, as we understand ego is a fundamental part of being.

Nirvana is simply being fine with the sense of self as we go through are ups and downs in life. It's bliss in the sense you have no stress about the self.

This is completely internal, and is why Buddhism casts out the idea of God being the ruler.
But we also understand if we only have an inner sense of self, we are creating a dualistic split in being, as we must have an outer idea to reach or else we will never achieve works.

Ie; never write a book, never create a family etc.

ataraxian buddhism monastic nihilism meditate doing nothing zen no-kharma quiescence profound serene nothingness nirvana

nihilism is one of the great moral crimes in Chan, if you read Bodidharma you’d know that
>meditation
>doing nothing
this isn’t Chan

is that u lux

Why are Buddhist afraid of suffering? Cant it just be? A fact of the universe and all that.

who is asking?

That sounds like some featherweight bullshit pal. No ego. That's it.

Having a skewed dualistic approach to God, and the self creates a rift between the two that creates disharmony.

It's why non-dualism is key.

t. new age crypto-vedantist

this isn't who you were replying to by the way.

That's not saying much user.

I can't tell if you have a profound sensitivity and connection with order that enables yourself to derive any use from these terms like this, but I really respect you if if you're sure about whatever you're talking about. Though I'd like to believe Buddhists would never conceive of any God or any negation in any context in the first place.

>Cant it just be?
Of course it can just be. But the good news Gautama Buddha found out is that it doesn't have to be.
If you're stuck in a wheel of birth, death, and rebirth doomed to repeatedly fall for illusory temptations which give way to old age, sickness, and dying, it's pretty fucking good news that some absurdly dedicated ascetic sat down at a tree and stared down reality for 49 days, discerned a way out, and told us about it instead of just keeping it to himself.
The attitude that suffering just happens and you don't need to worry about it is the pitfall of the animal saṃsāra (namely ignorance). Rebirth as an animal gets you life where you just go along with things and don't think about them, and it works OK up until bad things start happening and you have no understanding of how to avoid them.

Nietzsche had a mental illness. Most mental illnesses are material in causation. No amount of orientalist wankery can alter matter.

this is making me ill
bio-determinist spraying diahrrea all over the temple

It started off as intuition, but I've learned to define what I feel through my knowledge.

You're sorta wrong, as Buddhism was an offshoot of Hinduism at it's beginning.

It's why some schools in Buddhism use the RTA system. (Karma, Dharma ) Created by Krishna.

Krishna, being the All-creator in Hinduism.

>never read schelling

Krishna is the last thing that needs attention in the pursuit of anything Krishna represents.

daily reminder that buddhism is psychopathic
all buddhists are mindless animals

Well yes I understand that, but you can't forget who the creator of the RTA system is, if you abide by that belief system.

Krishna was, before he was a being (Avatar).

zen
chattel slavery
invented by a neet who went outside once
shhh just go with it!

>I understand that, but you can't forget

RTA is Krishna you ass.

> dude if u shoot me in the head i'll just meditate it away lmao

>nietzsche lost it because he never did zen.
Actually, he most likely had brain cancer, inherited through his father whose brain liquefied. Good guess though!

nah he went insane because of treponema pallidum

To me Nietzsche is what I imagine postreligion to be like. Anyway, what I want to know:

>How would one bring Zen into Nietzsche?

The idea of non-duality is not a very original one, dude. It's one of the core ideas of Eastern mystics/people influenced by or interested in Eastern mysticism.

Nietzsche actually admired what he read of Buddhism's philosophy on the uselessness of anger and resentment of one's enemies and how to get rid of it. He viewed as compatible with his idea of ressentiment (the weak hating the strong, a mixture of envy, self-pity, and resentment which festers in a person's soul over a long time) and getting rid of it to live a more fulfilling, stronger life. In some ways, Nietzsche is already pretty Zen in his accepting the meaninglessness of life, but saying we may as well live it anyway to the fullest extent possible and that it's useless to agonize over life's seeming meaninglessness. Another Zen aspect of his ideas is one part where he says the degree of a developed person is shown to how much he can refrain from merely reacting to outer circumstances in certain situations -- similar to Zen self-restraint.

I have picture related on my readings list. Anyone know if it is good?

why would nietzsche strive for detachment?

You could say that about most western thinkers. Even the Unabomber.