What book are you starting new years off with?

What book are you starting new years off with?

infinite jest

finishing up pic related

seen her body building ass on instagram

Turtles All the Way Down

still this, pg 128.

read it twice. great

>This Side of Paradise
>Carthage Must be Destroyed
>The Black Company

Which one

Sauce me up dude. What's her name?

This Side of Paradise is surprisingly good. Much better than Great Gatsby

The Prince by Macchiavelli

I feel like starting Anne Karenina right now, what am in for?

Good to hear because I wasn't a fan of Gatsby

Dante's inferno, City of God or maybe Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson

Complete Works of Plato

p. 176 here, keep it up!

Probably Divine Comedy or Iliad & Odyssey

Thus spoke Zarathustra

Continuing Gravity's Rainbow. I'm currently 150 pages in, started reading it three weeks ago and managed to read some every 2nd day because of my lifestyle.

Boy, what a ride.

Going to reread Lord of the Flies.

felt like killing myself this christmas so gonna go into 2018 with a myth of Sisyphus reread and then moby dick.

good call user, five minutes with uncle Albert and you'll be back in shape.

Why do people gives thots attention? It's repugnant and degenerate.

stop being a virgin

>those eyebrows
muh dick

fucking END YOURSELF YOU DISGUSTING DEGENERATE LOW FITNESS

FA
GG
OT

read the third reich and the savage detectives recently so i think i'll give 2666 a pop

>virginshaming
how low user

Joyce's Portrait
I really wish I could end Doctor Faustus (and Dubliners, though those are fucking boring) till 31

the great gatsby

probably some ONA shit

Halfway through White Noise right now, not sure what to read after that in 2018. Maybe finally get around The Man Who Fell to Earth.

Capitalism and Schizophrenia
Crying of Lot 49
CCRU Writings 1997–2003

finishing history of England (hume)

Going to finish A Prayer For Owen Meany, then read Interior Castles, then read something a little less pious.

shes a body builder on instagram @ampollo

>body builder

Who this semen demon

I’m going to continue grinding through The Brothers K after finishing Silence.

because fitness person sounds better.

She builds her smoking hot body and is famous for it. To me she's a body builder, obviously not like Kali Muscle or Calum Von Moger

who is this trashy goddess

Ordinary Men

Dead White Guys: A Father, His Daughter, and the Great Books of the Western World
by Matt Burriesci

I'm 25% through but I don't know if I'll finish it. The title is provocative but the subject matter is pretty run of the mill and his chapter in Happiness was utter bullshit pop-psychology.

Carthage must be destroyed is a good read if you're interested in learning more about Carthage beyond their wars with Rome.

already about 100 pages in, might finish in the next few days. following it up with more non-fiction going to start reading some fiction this summer finally

Shit this is the last book I'm reading this year. I've got two more chapters left.

Gravity's Rainbow for me. For me it's the McChicken

Life and Fate

Picked up a collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson's essays and poems, also picked up a bunch of collections of the Founding Fathers writings. Yes I'm an Ameriboo

100 Years of Solitude

How does it feel that the America you are reading hardly exists anymore
Reading Emerson Thoreau Whitman and the Federalist Papers while living in LA made me feel a quite disenfranchised and gave me a solid nudge to the right

I've had this damn thing for 2-3 years now and have never gotten to it. I just re-read the first 2 pages every so often. Hopefully 2018 is the year...

Reeee who is in the OP image

>How does it feel that the America you are reading hardly exists anymore

It makes me sad, I'm not white but my grandfather, a latino Pacific War veteran, tells me the US used to be like that just a couple of generations ago

>Reading Emerson Thoreau Whitman and the Federalist Papers while living in LA made me feel a quite disenfranchised and gave me a solid nudge to the right

Hello fellow Commiefornian, did you know that Northern California has the most English-Americans (the original Americans like Emerson) in the country? Its also the most conservative part of the state, really makes ya think.

Reading as much deep ecology/ environmental anarchism as I can. Starting with collected essays of Arne Naess. Also going to revisit Spinoza's Ethics for this purpose. Also on my reading list:

Ishmael - Daniel Quinn
Collected writing of Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber
Re-reading Ecology Without Nature by Timothy Morton + his new book

Any other recommendations? I'm think of reading Heidegger for his work on object-oriented ontology, which I understand is important in deep ecology

Devouring the Stormlight Archives right now

>I'm not white but my grandfather
Not that, I'm talking more about gang culture silicon valley social media instagram girls media media media, and now the conservative leader is the complete moronic embodiment of fake advertising and ignorance

Oh, in that case we are kind of fucked aren't we?Maybe it just seems like that because we live in CA, when I was in the military most of the out of state guys (especially the Midwestern and New England guys) couldn't believe the shallowness and vapidness of Southern Californians

>reading not only genre fiction but the most generic genre fiction there is

I like when my dick goes up

why user?

She looks like my daughter

reenact this pic or fake and gay

>Ishmael - Daniel Quinn
This was the first book that Veeky Forums memed me into reading.

I got Hogg and some other stuff already (my parents must think I'm a fucking freak), and I already finished it. Pretty good, considering the time and the author. Of all the "gross-out" books I've ever read, I think this one has the most literary merit.

See. Fake.
That is the EXACT same girl.
>also I hope no teenage girl would ever go for the handbra when her daddy asks her to go pose for pics for strangers online.

I wanna lie in bed and smell her socks all day and night.

Did you not like it?

I never had any interest in ecology/environment literature, so don't let my opinion shape yours if you do and you haven't read it yet.

Ugly face. Waste of ass

Working my way through John Milton’s prose. Loved his poetry, but never gave his prose a fair shake.

War and Peace. Its been sitting on my shelf for 7 years so probably time to get around to it.

>Will be riding a train from NYC to Montreal for twelve hours reading pic related
Gonna be comfy

Go for Dostoevsky instead of Tolstoy...if you haven’t already.

I don't know why I'm posting this here, and I've never even read a complete novel by either writer, but I often think about this and it makes me tear up a bit.

>In a private letter regarding Dostoevsky's death, Tolstoy wrote: “I’ve never seen this man and never had any relations with him, and all of a sudden, when he died, I understood that this was the closest, the dearest man for me, the man whose presence I needed the most… I considered him a friend, and had no doubt that we’ll see each other someday…” The last book that Leo Tolstoy had read in his life, during his final days before fleeing Yasnaya Polyana and dying at Astapovo station, was “The Karamazov Brothers” by Dostoevsky.

please do not post temptresses on this board.

not sure, i'm going to japan in a few weeks/next year and i'm trying to figure out what to take with me there. potentially mishima but there's also a few other things i have on my backlog so i'm not sure

I've read Notes from the Underground and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Gulliver's Travels

The Three-Cornered World

me too, on page 638 right now

can you not post this

I want to read more books in full in 2018 I have a bad habit of putting books down half way. I read like 3 or 4 books in 2017 from start to finish. I want to try for a book a week this coming year, any tips? I’m thinking of rotating fiction and non fiction weekly to keep it interesting.

Don't push yourself, friend. Live life as best you can and don't be disheartened if you don't meet your goals. As the saying goes, Life is What Happens To You While You’re Busy Making Other Plans.

no the mods don’t care
not going to happen

Pussy. I plan on drowning in it.

Also Malone Dies, but that's if I make it from all the pussy I'm going to get.

Don Quixote and Walden then The hobbit and LOTR

Complete chronicles of conan

Phenomenology of Spirit

>And I am coming home to you
>With my own blood in my moooooooouth

> Don't push yourself, friend. Live life as best you can and don't be disheartened if you don't meet your goals. As the saying goes, Life is What Happens To You While You’re Busy Making Other Plans.

From the losers guide to mediocrity.

I'm finishing up Iliad now so I'll probably just move on to The Odyssey.
The Greeks meme has actually been rewarding, I'm quite satisfied.

Ovid's Metamorphoses, coincidentally? enough. I swear it wasn't a plot, it just arrived in the mail a couple days ago.

Same desu, currently on page 270

A long fucking book
I didnt like the Anna Karenina line of the plot, but the Levin side of the story is really nice, even though most people tend to see it as the more boring one.

just finished reading oathbringer