/litan/

Does Veeky Forums have any /an/imal companions that keep them company while they write?

A hedgehog was driving the car that killed my father.

Cats are lit af

Oh dear.

I hope you success on your long journey of understanding and forgiveness.

Does your's keep you cozy user?

Do you find yourself writing better when yours is near?

I got a couple of rat bros today. Haven't named them yet.

I think I would enjoy some kind of animal. learning from them and helping them be happy. But I can't have a cat and stomach its catbox in my apartment, and I certainly don't want the responsibility of a dog.Thinking about other kinds of animals.

No pets for me, though I had pets once, they're dead. And my memories of them will die with me, as their memories of me died with them. The earth remains.

Venture out of the mammals if you feel comfortable with it. Lots of scaled, aquatic, and insects to look at.

Almost any animal with be friendly towards you if the husbandry is good and time is put in.

I personally like the pets that can chill on your lap for extended periods, like snakes, bearded dragons, rats (when they are sleeping), or even some interesting insects-though those are a bit harder and probably won't chill for too long.

Still though, there are so many animals to choose from, it's almost impossible to NOT find one that suits you. And some you wouldn't even expect; like goldfish having dog like personalities and living for 20+ years, or pigeons/doves if you don't want a bird that makes too much noise.

hey man dispose of those guys as soon as you can. I got rid of mine within a month because of the mess they make. Seriously, they'll stink out any room you put them in and shit and piss on your clothes. Sent them back.

If by company you mean fly around, screech and cause distractions, then yes. I have two budgies. They've been there for me the entire when people have only feigned an interest.

Name them subject 1 and subject 2 and then perform penis enlargement research on them.

>Getting a pet without expecting the cons of taking care of them

Really man? Really? How hard is it to keep a cage clean, use proper bedding, and have a scar around your shoulders or in your lap?

They're not that hard to take care of. If someone can scoop a litter box 2-3 times a day, I can clean a rat cage once a day.

And they can be litter box trained, so you really have no excuse.

Well I suppose that's just the price you have to pay.

no, friend, you don't understand. Nice job forgetting to respond to the piss-stained clothes part, but rats are generally the worst pets you can have in my experience. Buy some, if you don't believe me. See for yourself.

PINKY

>Nice job forgetting to respond to the piss-stained clothes part

But I did? You wear a scarf or something similar around your shoulders, then wash it later.

Rats are going to do what rats do man. They aren't the pet for everyone.

I've had rats for years, I own three right now.
Rats piss/shit on people when you're scaring them, and when you don't give them ample breaks when playing with them. I've been peed on maybe twice during my whole time owning rats (I took them out for too long).
They also don't smell bad at all, and considering every time you touch them they clean themselves rigorously it just seems that you don't clean their cage.
They're small, can be taught tricks and games, like to run and play, are super curious, lick your fingers, eat scraps, etc. They're practically the perfect pet.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest, my man

I'm interested in a tarantula.

Have you guys felt as though you have a bond between yourself and an insect?

You know you have to clean their cage right?

I love insects. Hissing roaches and Praying Mantis are among my favourites.

Still though, having a pet makes writing so comfy sometimes. Snakes are probably my favourite for it because they chill the longest and just be content to rest while you type and move your hands around.

Damn now I want another snake.

Cats are the most Veeky Forums animal. Somebody posted the other month about how cats have extremely varied personalities. It's definitely more interesting to interact with a cat and see it's quirks than having a doggo with only has one setting, happy. (Not that there's anything wrong with dogs, I own 2 myself).

Toxoplasma gondii and myself.