Is Jameson's Postmodernism: Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism worth reading...

Is Jameson's Postmodernism: Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism worth reading? I have a strong interest in contemporaneity and periodicity. Should I bother with the book or should I just read the article (iirc it's also the first chapter of the book)?

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/us/jameson.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does he name the jew or hint at the jew like Hicks?

ye its worth reading

do you dumb motherfuckers have to shit up literally every board on Veeky Forums

It's a legitimate question, faggot, fuck off to your reddit fantasy land if you want to plug your ears and pretend the foreign tribe that's been running the west's culture for the last 70 years and has a hand in all this degeneracy hasn't contributed to the postmodern state.

I guess you have your answer. These dumb motherfuckers *do* have to shit up literally every board on Veeky Forums.

Talking about jews = "shitting up a thread" is not an argument. And you're in no position to tell people what they can and can't talk about anyway, so go whine on fucking reddit you cunt.

OP again

The reason why I ask, since I am aware it's a landmark work, is that as a socity we already seem hyper-aware of post-modernism and what it entails. So it seems like a book that details the phenomenon might not be particularly helpful to studying contemporaneity qua the thesis that it is transitioning into a new period.

I did read a secondary source that made the claim that Jameson arues that changes in period effect changes in human consciousness, but I don't really want to read the book just to find out where he makes that claim, because he might mean it in a very superficial way.

> "fuck off to your reddit fantasy"
> mfw the guy talking about hicks' retarded screed circulated by literal Reddit god Jordan Peterson uses 'reddit' pejorative

>tfw one autistic /pol/tard has successfully ruined
every other thread on Veeky Forums for over two years now

marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/us/jameson.htm

Look at these jews pretending people can't talk about them and their cultural influence, instead trying to make people believe in some magic "shit just happens" theory.

Haha, okay.

Anti-Semitism is a dead giveaway that someone is a fucking moron that has been taken in by NWO conspiracy theories and Jordan Peterson. You're really worried about cultural Marxism, right? That term is utterly meaningless and I can almost guarantee that you've never devoted more than a second's thought to any sort of self reflective critical analysis.

But look, man. I don't care. You're allowed to be Anti-Semitic on the internet. I'll think you're a fucking idiot and hopefully one day you'll grow the fuck up and realize what a dumb little shit you are but if not, so what. The world would only have lost out on another marginally intelligent person and that's no great tragedy. For your sake though, I would suggest not actively trying to end up that that pussy, Christopher Cantwell.

This idiot literally thinks disliking jews is some new conspiracy theory, that's a hoot.

Haha, I *love* that you think that I think Anti-Semitism is something new as if I have only heard of it because of dumbass MAGA chuds.

Like, I get why people were historically Anti-Semitic. Jews are a pain in the ass especially in the the past. They generally refuse to assimilate to whatever culture they live in and the Hasidic Jews have a whole bunch of fucking ridiculous customs that make them stand out really easily. Not to mention the plain fact that psychologically humans naturally distrust people that look different than them because of animal instincts that can't be shaken.

Let me clue you in on something though, just because something has been around for millennia doesn't make it proof of a conspiracy.

If you want to talk about sociopolitical issues without resorting to your Jew Boogeyman though, I'm all ears. Would love to hear what you think the defining problem of our time is.

Just don't reply man. He's only doing it for attention.

He's allowed to express his dumb opinions. I'm always curious of these people actually have any organizing philosophy or if they're just pure ego.

Didn't Paul Gottfried coin the term 'Cultural Marxism'? I agree the way most people use it is retarded though

I'm sure that at some point it had a specific meaning that was less incendiary but I don't know the precise origins and as you know, the people using it today don't mean it that way regardless.

Perhaps if you spent less time writing sperg screeds and actually looking into the issue you wouldn't be so retarded.

I have no desire for attention, and it's you who is living in a fantasy if you don't think having a tribe of people from the middle east that has shown enormous hostility towards others for thousands of years running the west's cultural institutions throughout the postmodern era has influenced its results.

It's not even a stretch to say that, it's completely logical even if you have no awareness of how jews act, but the difference here is I know the details of that while you do not.

>having a tribe of people from the middle east that has shown enormous hostility towards others for thousands of years running the west's cultural institutions throughout the postmodern era has influenced its results.

Hmm, maybe he is just a troll. This doesn't seem very convincing or thought out. I feels like he's just saying what he thinks /pol/acks say here.

We'll look, man. Feel free to enlighten me on the ills of this Jewish/"middle eastern" conspiracy.

The text you highlighted is incredibly simple, straightforward logic. And I don't know where you're getting the conspiracy stuff unless you're under the impression that jews have the same interests and work towards the same goals as you do.

I wish I could read a thread on Veeky Forums without having to see anything about jews.

Mods, please stop this spamming.

I'm under the impression that the world is a jumble of intentions and goals being pursued simultaneously by hundreds of millions of actors.

Literally any other conception of the world is beyond retarded in my opinion.

But if you were part of a small wandering tribe trying to maintain a strong group identity while living in other people's lands and did so for thousands of years you probably wouldn't be very successful with your random approach. And that's the point, jews don't think like that, they don't think like you. They do what's best for their group and more often than not that's bad for your own.

Meh, pretty boring. I guess I'm done here.

It ain't for the plebs.