What literature are you looking forward to getting published in 2018?

What literature are you looking forward to getting published in 2018?

for the purposes of this thread we will be adopting the OED definition of 'literature; "Written works, especially those considered of superior or lasting artistic merit.". Bearing this in mind, please refrain from posting comic books, self-help books, anything related to youtubers and polemics written for left or right wing brainlets

All google gives me is various YAs, it's all 'part 17 of this exciting gay interstellar teen midget post-apocalyptic tryptichon'

I know that NYRB will (re?)publish translations two of the best German post-war novels: Berlin, Alexanderplatz and The Seventh Cross. Both highly recommended, both on Marcel Reich-Ranicki's list of most important German novels.
A few interesting writers enter the public domain in 2018, most notably Wolfgang Borchert (amazing German playwright, mostly forgotten now) and Arthur Machen (horror/weird fiction who influenced Lovecraft)

Denis johnson's last collection of short stories...
...that's about it

>the best German post-war novels: Berlin, Alexanderplatz and The Seventh Cross.

>Seventh Cross
Born Anna (Netty) Reiling in Mainz in 1900 into a Jewish family,

>Berlin
Born in Stettin, Germany (now Szczecin, Poland), to assimilated Jews,

Is there anything "German" that isn't just Jewish?

Oh look here comes /pol/ again with its thread-derealing shit, stay on the topic

Slit your throat before the year ends.

me desu

Not him, but my god, look at your reaction here at the mention of jews and someone possibly *gasp* not liking or wanting to read them. Are you Jewish? What the ffuckis wrong with you?

The thread is about authors to be published in 2018. This post and yours are about the jewwwssss and how they turned you into virgins or whatever

post about books coming out in 2018, or leave

The Reddit thought police is here.

So fucking what? Does everyone have to like Jews? Are people not allowed to mention Jews here? This is Veeky Forums man what's wrong with you. And don't try to blame anyone else for fucking up this thread, you did that by freaking out on a dude for mentioning Jews.

>It is not my fault that I'm derailing the thread! it's always the other guys

I will not post in this thread anymore, and I won't answer your BS, I will instead look for interesting books that come out next year, I suggest you do the same (or make your own thread, surely Veeky Forums needs another /pol/tier thread)

Next time just avoid the whole mess by not being a crybaby.

Yeah, it's probably best if you leave. And I mean Veeky Forums in general. People can express their opinions on Jews or any other subject here openly and assholes like you have no business jumping in and telling them they can't because muh chosen special people we can't say bad stuff about. That's not the way it is around here and if you can't handle that without freaking out and playing topic cop you don't belong on this board.

a new earth vol 2

NYRB is great. They have a new translation/selection of Chateubriand’s memoirs coming out in February(?) and I’m excited for that one.

Dude is mad because you shit on the lit he was excited about for this year because Jews wrote it. Mods should try to keep stuff lit related desu.

Discussing the Germanness of canonically "best German authors" shouldn't be that big of a deal. Different social and economic class, political affiliation, cultural and national backgrounds, etc., all influence an author's writing.

I made the original post about the Jewishness of those two authors and I'm not even an anti-Semite. In fact I am philo-Semitic, though I do I guess controversially believe in a distinct character for Jews (as well as Germans). I was just disappointed when I thought these German classics I had never heard of were going to be published in translation for the first time, and as soon as I looked into them, the same thing as always happened: Jewish authors talking about the fucking Holocaust.

WoW Chronicles Volume 3

That’s a really good point desu. You shoulda started with that. Lot of posters on lit are wary of anything that might sound like pol though. With good reason that place is retarded.

The Passenger posthumously

tao lin's trip
jdp's 12 rules for life