What's your favorite literary related conspiracy theory? Mine is that Edgar Allen Poe was murdered

What's your favorite literary related conspiracy theory? Mine is that Edgar Allen Poe was murdered.

By whom?

Freemasons

my fave is the despair code, soo kooky LMAO!

That William Shakespeare and Christopher Marlowe were one and the same.

Thomas Pynchon is a former black budget engineer/CIA psyop invention

Let’s just say... read Persecution and the Art of Writing by Leo Strauss

That Shakespeare was illiterate, and his works were produced by a black woman.

People who have a problem with authority are self-destructive and crave indifference while lashing out against it.

I like to watch a lot of movies about neo-noir and psychological terror.

the logical paradox code in [censored] that would put you into a coma when you read it

what's your best description of film noir?

The genre?

Film Noir is gothic and not grotesque, though they can coexist. Film noir explores the familiar through a lens more familiar. The mystery is dark, but it isn't horrifying. It's a modern convention of honest views on dishonest modalities.

Yeah, the genre. It's good to read 'mystery' because that's a word I used to describe it in an essay. The 'modern convention of honest views on dishonest modalities' is pretentious bs, though. Cheers.

But it is a critique on modalities.

The genre started in the vein of exploring film semiotics. Do you not like Diane Arbus?

Stephen King killed John Lennon.
It's a bunch of pulp dime novellas turned into basic thrillers. It's only significance comes from Cahires du cinema proclaiming a lot of its works to be the source of real artistic development, and then that being solidified by the movie brats taking up the form like Scorsese and Coppola but applying real drama to it. It's little more than the next transfer of chiaroscuro light from America to France and back, which has been a trend of movies for decades. It's expressionism minus the actual gothic form and good literary inspiration. However, the word is French and it's applicable to shitty crime genre fiction tier writing/stylistic trappings, so it gets shoved down our throats by unintelligent figures trying to obscure their lack of real film reference.

dude he was murdered. Wasnt the story that he got abducted by a group of people that force you to vote over and over again?

Modern Art being a CIA weapon is literally true. America intelligence was concerned that the west was losing the culture war agaisnt the soviets, and so they funded various cultural initiatives through groups like the Congress for Cultural Freedom, and a major part of this was defining abstract expressionism as a ‘movement’. It’s not so much that they ‘invented’ it or anything, but they definitely hyped it, as well as supported things like the Boston Orchestra touring to Europe for example, as a way of promoting American culture abroad as swaying european intellectual more towards America.

>It's a bunch of pulp dime novellas turned into basic thrillers.

Pulp isn't necessary for Noir to exist, especially film noir.

>Do you not like Diane Arbus?
What the fuck do you think is Noir? Go actually watch movies like Kiss Me Deadly and Laura before you start throwing around stupid shit on here.

You're getting upset because you went and watched Rififi and The Long Goodbye and thought yourself a film expert knowing everyone and their grandmother has seen the movies, then proceeded to disregard generations of French film study on the genre because you wanted to feel independent.

i can tell English is not your first language, and I would be willing to give you a pass for that if you weren't namefagging

Did you like Heat?

What about Taxi Driver?

I'm not the same guy. I did like Taxi Driver. Please stick to the French boards

I don't understand why you being a different person changes my point that French film study impacted the genre.

Rugrats even has a series of episodes on the genre. Are you brain damaged?

Where the fuck is timecube on that list?

reported

>reporting the only person who pays to use Veeky Forums

What are the golf rumours?

golf course pedo dungeon complexes, its really doubtful. seems like a subtle psyop to distract from obvious locations for that shit