Can anyone give me a list of occult books to read?

Can anyone give me a list of occult books to read?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yun2sCmZ
pastebin.com/ZdFqMAMJ
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/issues-v06-n03/jesus-the-pharisee-a-new-look-at-the-jewishness-of-jesus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Call me ignorant on the matter but isn't the Western esoteric tradition just a synthesis of ancient beliefs and practices and Medieval/Renaissance Christianity with a hefty drop of Gnosticism?

all of these are garbage, you need to read primary sources or academic research

stuff like Stephen Skinner's work on graeco-egyptian magic and historiography

i would help you, but you put Evola and one of the dumb ass niggers from this boad posted the awful image with trash occult lit

so no, fuck you and fuck this board for its swinish ignorance

thoughts on trepanning myself? It seems like a good idea

if you read Stephen Skinner's stuff he traces modern ritual magic back to Egyptian/Jewish magic and further back possibly to earlier Mesopotamian features

>Gnosticism
other than the gospel of thomas there isn't any legitimate public material coming from Christian Gnosticism

The top 3 academic researchers are Hanegraaff, Goodrick-Clarke, and Faivre; all are listed above.

You are misinformed.

>Jewish Magic

Did not the Torah strictly forbid magic as an abomination before the Lord?

no I've read those books and they're just summary garbage

if you really want to get into techniques and ancient history look elsewhere

didn't stop them from calling upon the names of angels and demons for practical purposes

modern 'Hermeticism' is a bullshit Renaissance pulp clickbait invention, don't waste your time

I gotta worship the devil somehow. Mostly by fucking my ass with a dildo

>Stephen "none of my rituals have ever failed" Skinner
>Stephen "just do it by the book even though it is impossible due to the passing of the millenia and it will work no matter what" Skinner
>Stephen "it didn't work? must be your fault -- I would never peddle snakeoil" Skinner
>Stephen "I talk in a british accent so clearly I'm a magician" Skinner
Lol*

*his books (Techniques of Graeco-Egyptian Magic and Techniques of Solomonic Magic [I wonder if you heard of them here, I actually was recommending them for a bit]) are fabulous but actually trying to do spells is for brainlets...

All the books in the image are a good starting place. Especially with a field like history of a marginalized topic there's a lot of value in (relatively) unbiased academic summaries.

>muh actual magic

>stawmanning a legitimate author and scholar
>All the books in the image are a good starting place

t. some other bookseller

>hermeticism which is derived from Asclepius (Perfect Sermon), Corpus Hermeticum, discourse on the 8th and 9th, Emerald Tablet (not Tablets) is a renniasance meme
no nigger that’s propaganda from atheists and christians. its at least as old as antiquity, many of the texts can be dated before christianity began all the way back to the 4th century BCE in egypt with dialogues between Thoth and his acolytes styled almost exactly like the later Alexandrian manuscripts. Talking out of your ass

>began all the way back to the 4th century BCE in egypt with dialogues between Thoth and his acolytes styled almost exactly like the later Alexandrian manuscripts

sauce

Hermeticism is just philosophy. It's not "wrong". Inner alchemy is a logical idea of self creation.

Kabbalah, and other ideas similar ideas to the sephirothic tree are examples of this. Including the eastern Chakra system.
Lots of pyschology has been built up by these system, but it's created a split of "science" and "mystecism" where the line becomes blurry with the current understanding of consciousness and drugs.

Magic isn't "fantastical" it's a methodical way of using intentions, it allows us to have faith that we may bring change to the objectivity we relate our subjective self to.

Not strawmanning. Look him up on youtube. He makes those exact claims in interviews. Or maybe it's on the higherside chats podcast. Can't be assed to look it up now.

Occult Theocracy

>tfw Evola is not occult but American pop culture made such a mess of a blending of everything that you are incapable of separating wiccan shit from thousand years old esoteric traditions so you group them all under the term 'occult' and become as a result even more confuse and lost in a world that is already hostile and incomprehensible, sinking into the dark depth of a Platonic cave you'll never be able to escape, but in the end you are happy anyway because now you know the healing properties of stones you have never even seen and you unironically believe that the earth is hollow and hyperboreans live inside of it.

the Hyperboreans live beyond the northern winds, brainlet

I'm sure several Traditionalists disregard any new rituals/religions as they have no basis in tradition and have no real connection to a 'metaphysical truth'

This is what I meant in Stupid OP.

Good suggestions....

Here's my own:

>Colin Wilson - The Occult
>Kenneth Grant - The Magickal Revival
>Aleister Crowley - Liber ABA and Magick Without Tears
>Austin Osman Spare - Zos Speaks! and Book of Pleasure
>Andrew Chumbley - Azoetia
>Peter Carroll - Liber Null & Psychonaut
>Phil Hine - Condensed Chaos
>R.A.W. - Prometheus Rising
>Antero Ali - Angel Tech
>Alexander Jodorowski - The Way of the Tarot
>Valentin Tomberg - Meditations on the Tarot
>David Chaim Smith - Kabbalistic Mirror of Genesis
>Fulcanelli - Dwellings of the Philosophers and Mysteries of the Cathedrals
>Jake Stratton Kent - Encyclopedia Goetica

All traditions are living traditions. God is the ultimate initiator. We are all but pupils of a divine all-seeing eye. The idea of a philosophia perrenis, prisca theologia, and primordial tradition are all reconciled in the (numi)nous.

As far as Evola goes, The Hermetic Tradition, The Doctrine of Awakening, Yoga of Power, and Eros and the Mysteries of Love are all good. Stay away from his pop political philosophy crap.

Introduction to Magic is also quite decent. Supposedly there's two more untranslated volumes in Italian. The articles are not all by him which makes it more interesting as well.

Watch the documentary. Do it for science.

Eliphas Levi's "Book of Splendors" is a good read if you are a careful student. He reveals their hand in a couple of places but it is subtle and you will miss it if you are not careful.

The Holy Grail...

>Thomas Taylor was the first to translate into English the complete works of Plato and Aristotle. He also translated many of the later Platonists and also some of the remaining fragments of the earliest Greek writings, such as the Orphics, and the Pythagoreans. These translations, together with his original works, represent the most comprehensive survey of the philosophical thought of European antiquity.

>The whole Thomas Taylor Series can be purchased at a discounted price of £650, post free in the UK. Customers in Europe are charged £35 for delivery, and those outside Europe are charged £100 (£150 by air).

Care to elaborate? I must confess I found Transcendental Magic (A.E. White translation) quite a snooze.

>snooze
So is "Book of Splendors". I did however catch that his sect considers the entire mythos of Yaweh to be fiction. He only mentions it once while he is ripping through some other stuff. Viewing the inverse reflection of God and interpreting good from the reflection of evil is pretty scary, too. I understand that the opposite of 2 is minus 2 but the universe is not so mathematically simple. What is the opposite of cat or automobile? The Qabalists are in a constant process of establishing subjective righteousness - at least that is my takeaway.

t. armchair expert

I feel like that's just a metaphysical carrot on a stick. Running on a hamster wheel. You're chasing your tail down the rabbit hole. You are the white rabbit chasing yourself. But how to pull another rabbit out of my hat has always been more my goal. Maybe I am studying the wrong kind of magic...

The Golden Ass by Apuleius
Phaedrus by Plato
The Corpus Hermeticum
The Alchemy of Happiness by Imam Al Ghazali

Wizard fite me.

Interesting. Where do you fall on the YHVH issue? Does not Buddhism and Daoism say similar things regarding opposites? Would you say this is a bad thing to establish subjective righteousness?

>t. belieber

No mortal being can actualize itself

Just read all of these

What is the relationship between all these books? You have fiction and non-fiction and religion and politics. It's giving me a headache.

Actualization is the realization of the impossibility of actualization.

So you can read Finnegans Wake at the end and fully comprehend it's beauty.

>Buddhism and Daoism
IDK anything in this regard. Subjective good seems a little too mercurial to me. My position on the YHVH issue is irrelevant. I found it interesting that a Jewish spiritual leader considered YHVH to be fiction. It lends credence to the claims that current Jews are not even following Judaic faith, but something else altogether.

Lol
Lately I have been wondering about objective good. But I do find the idea of self-reifying subjective dualities a powerful metaphor for states of consciousness (reality tunnels?). I guess I would view myself as attempting to align my subjective duality with objective morality as much as possible. If objective morality can be defined as a sort of science of consequences and achieving the best consequences for beings.

>[objective good is that which leads to the] best consequences
Sorry. Don't mean to beg the question. But I take a Platonic/Aristotelian view. That which leads to flourishing. Y'know... Productivity. Creativity. Pleasure. Life.
I find the idea of Jesus being a Platonic myth compelling. And Buddha as a Vedic myth. But I am ultimately agnostic about most of these things... the curse of postmodern rootless cosmopolitanism...

>I find the idea of Jesus being a Platonic myth compelling
I would find it disturbing if Christian spiritual leaders considered their god to be fiction. I would assume that they were hiding something.

Hold up. You're talking about Eliphas Levi? How is an avowed occultist a Jewish spiritual leader?

Sorry *AE Waite? Are you talking about the Zohar? Is that the book of splendors? Or bahir? I'm lost...

Perhaps I am an ignorant fuck but it is my impression that the Qabalists are accepted in the greater fold of Judaism.

tolerated would be a better way of putting it, much like Germanic mysticism was tolerated during the middle-ages

>tolerated
It seems to me that they are the ones most benefiting from recent events such as the moving of the capitol to Jerusalem. The overt expression seems to me to be of mere tolerance, as you suggest, but I believe the acceptance to be more inherent - that they are an embarrassing necessity.

How so? You might as well say Christianity is defined by its heretics...

>read thoth's, smoke thoughts, fuck thots

FAQ:
pastebin.com/yun2sCmZ

/sum/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/ZdFqMAMJ

Library Link:
mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Surprise surprise, the Pharisees came up with a bullshit loophole that they thought allowed them to act in exact contradiction to the Law.

Jesus was a pharisee.

That explains why Jesus called the Pharisees the Synagogue of Satan, a nest of vipers, of their father the Devil, and like whitewashed tombs. And why the Pharisees crucified Him. Because He was one. That makes sense. You make sense.

jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/issues-v06-n03/jesus-the-pharisee-a-new-look-at-the-jewishness-of-jesus/

>Jesus the Pharisee by Harvey Falk sets a high water mark for ecumenism, having been written by an orthodox rabbi and published by a Catholic publishing house.

That explains why the Pharisees wrote in the Talmud that Jesus was a sorcerer with powers from the devil and is in Hell boiling in excrement, and that His mother was a whore, and why Pharisees to this day spit when they see a cross. And why they finally ran out of insults and so resorted to calling him the most disgusting thing on the face of the earth: a Pharisee.

Did you actually bother to read the review you linked?

Is fiction ok? If so, I wpuld recommend lovecraft's works. His stories are on occult subjects if you find that at all interesting.

Better review:

>This author argues that Jesus was actually a Pharisee himself, but a follower of Hillel, whereas the Pharisees with whom he is shown contending in the New Testament were actually followers of Shammai. He compares the teachings of Jesus and his disciples as portrayed in the Gospel traditions with those found in the teachings of the great rabbi Hillel, and compares the points of contention between Jesus and the Pharisees with those which reputedly existed between Hillel and Shammai’s respective schools. His argument relies heavily on an investigation of the religious texts held sacred by both Christians and modern, rabbinic Jews, but seeks to draw from these a fuller picture of the historical Jesus and historical Pharisees. While this poses certain methodological problems (eg: the New Testament narratives and Rabbinic traditions are assumed to preserve accurately the teachings of Jesus, “the Pharisees”, Hillel, Shammai and their various disciples) it also offers an intriguing alternative to the numerous interpretations of the Jesus/Pharisees conflict as it is depicted in the Gospel of Matthew. According to Falk, Jesus is neither a heretic nor a reformer, but actually part of what would eventually become the traditional manifestation of Judaism after the destruction of the Second Temple – a Jew among Jews who had more in common with the rabbinic Jews of today than modern Christians. Likewise, Falk’s reading of the Gospel “Pharisees” interprets them as antagonists not only of Jesus but of many of the greatest Jewish leaders in the rabbinic tradition, scions of a School that eventually died out.

I see the Illuminatus! trilogy get shilled a lot, and sometimes Foucalt's Pendulum.

Not a compelling argument whatsoever.

Little, Big and Aegypt

Christians are pharisees.

>t. Crowley

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Bye bye!

>my holy book is infallible
You could always read the book if you want evidence. I found it compelling.

Piss off, you sound like a hippie

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to appreciate the occult...

What have you contributed to this thread?

you sound like a retard

>How so? You might as well say Christianity is defined by its heretics...
I would do so if the heretics were welcome in the fold.

the kybalion is boring reddit shit, and bardon is the most boring person in the world

pic related

Chaos Protocols

Which is about three people on this entire board.

Trump is a heretic and he is accepted in the Christian fold. He's on the one pushing capitol bullshit.

>he fell for the bait
>laughinggirls.jpg

user everyone in this thread sounds like a retard

>To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Occult literature. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical theology most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also the author's syncretic outlook, which is deftly woven into the philosophy's characterisation - many personal philosophies draw heavily from Vedic literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes.

I bestow the occult empowerment of esoteric confusion upon all reading this thread.

/schizophrenia general/

it's true desu

*/schizotypy general/

>people who believe in crazy stuff are people who believe in crazy stuff
great diagnostic there pal, psychology is a meme