Why we should not kill myself if we will die anyway?

Why we should not kill myself if we will die anyway?

Why should kill your self if you'll be dead in less than 60 years?

Does cyanide gas hurt?

Why would you not die anyway if you kill yourself?

Nothing to live for, nothing to die for

well, you said it yourself. you're going to die anyway, so why hasten it?

probably because depression

To ascend into Godhood

bc u probably have some worth even if u don't know what it is

make babies, secure their future

>all of the suicide posters are foreigners who have hilariours idiosynchrosies in their imperfect english
because my good friend, you have much to see and feel still

Because I don't feel like it

nah

Just b urself bro

Because it violates categorical imperative, apparently >_>

Because when we are alive we can enjoy things, and fulfill the needs we have. How can one consume and feel good when you are dead?

We should not kill myself because there are more than one of we and we must convene a council

I derive pleasure from furthering my ego

>mean to the people around you who love you even though people may act like douches and not show their loves until a crisis brings o ut their innermost self
>potential to live a happy life
>you don't know what'll happen after you die (maybe you'll go to hell)

t. 16 year old

You don't need love all you need is dopamine

>you don't know what'll happen after you die (maybe you'll go to heaven)
Cannot die faster

fpbp

Because life = experience = suffering = God's gift.

Killing yourself is a sin. No heaven. Not even a maybe.

but you become a prince of hell and instead of waxing Christ’s balls all day and drinking angel semen you get to torture people forever along with possessing teenage girls and driving bankers to commit ritual murders

>this is what religious fools actually believe
If you love Satan so much why don't you go to a Catholic church, sit through the service and quietly pervert the Mass by thinking your dumb thoughts.

>Why
god ur pathetic

I don't get this. Isn't having a good life and dying better than just dying?

spook thread

>How can one consume and feel good when you are dead?
You only have an urge to feel good while you're alive. No dead person is miserable about all the pleasure they're not having, being dead eliminates wanting.
>Isn't having a good life and dying better than just dying?
There would be zero difference between either case after you're dead. Feeling good is only something you're compelled to do while you're still alive, and you don't have any memories nor any sort of lasting influences from life affecting you after you're dead.

Idk read myth of sisyphus

Why would you kill yourself before you've experienced everything?

would rather win horribly than lose gracefully

The guy who experienced everything and the guy who experienced nothing both end up exactly the same amount of dead. Experiences don't matter if there's no you left to remember or otherwise be influenced by them.

>focusing on the dead part while being alive
I remember when i was a kid too

Ah yes but wouldn't you say that feeling good is preferable to nothing at all. Why would you want to stop feeling good?

>wouldn't you say that feeling good is preferable to nothing at all
It isn't preferable because you need to be alive to want or prefer a particular set of circumstances in the first place. A dead person doesn't feel sad about how much he's missing out on now that he's dead.
Most non- brain damaged people have an awareness of the future.
The real reason you don't kill yourself is you have an irrational, instinctual aversion to killing yourself. That's it, everything else you're trying to rationalize is just this aversion masquerading as reasons you don't really care about and are only articulating to try to justify what was never a conscious decision to begin with.
Eventually for some of you this aversion will be overpowered by other factors, and then you'll DFW.

>tfw too brainlet to read the Myth of Sissypuss
Kill me

Try and kill your ego and when you miss you will rather just want to help.

Why shouldn't I just all anyways if we are kill going in die to the end myself?

>It isn't preferable because you need to be alive to want or prefer a particular set of circumstances in the first place.

you are alive, user

Who says this is anything to do with rationality? Is rationality the only truth? Do you not listen to music you enjoy because you rationalise that the music exists with no specific goal in mind and inevitably has to end?

Because reincarnation is a thing and we are at the lowest caste of the soul, so suicide is pointless

You have shit to do my negro.

there is no good reason not to. it is entirely valid to end your own life.

I don't care if I won't remember anything when I'm dead. In this moment, I'd rather just get high or watch a movie than go thru the stress of suicide

This.
If you're not having a good time and it is very apparent that you never will, it is a perfectly valid option.

Because, due to the grammatical error and the large number of people replying, we are all actually you.

This is your subconscious trying to tell you you’re in a coma through a Freudian slip.

Satan

Being alive is great. Kill yourself and stop hogging the resources, fag. It is not imperative for everyone to feel like you. Our psychological assignment of valence to objects is fundamentally different, in fact opposed, therefore you do not speak for my interest.

Because Catholic suicides go to hell

I want children, and I want to live in my progeny forever

>Who says this is anything to do with rationality?
Rationality just means having a reason. Many people have posted here about some reason or another why they believe they haven't killed themselves. I'm arguing you don't actually refrain from killing yourself because of any of these reasons and that instead you don't kill yourself because of an irrational instinct, the reasons are made up after the fact and have nothing to do with what's really motivating anyone.
>Do you not listen to music you enjoy because you rationalise that the music exists with no specific goal in mind and inevitably has to end?
I can't parse out what you're trying to communicate there. Is listening to music an instinctual behavior? Maybe, I don't see how it matters either way for this topic though.
>live in my progeny forever
I don't think there will be much left of your own personal genetic contribution even just a couple thousand years from now (assuming we don't go extinct before then), let alone eternally.

For we are mistaken when we look forward to death; the major portion of death has already passed. Whatever years lie behind us are in death's hands.

>I don't think there will be much left of your own personal genetic contribution even just a couple thousand years from now (assuming we don't go extinct before then), let alone eternally.

Khan is still around.

When exactly did you plan on founding the largest contiguous empire in world history?
Also even if you have a contribution to the gene pool so massive that it lasts all the way to the end of human existence, our species will probably go extinct at some point in the future (or change so radically that it no longer has any resemblance to what it was during our time), and even if that somehow doesn't happen you still have the universe's heat death.
And even setting aside all of that I'm not convinced Genghis Khan is really "alive" in any meaningful sense just because other living people today have genetics that can be traced back to him. I guess this sort of thinking is like when those organ donors die and their families start believing the organ recipient somehow inherited their dead family members personality traits through a kidney even though in any other context these same people would probably identify the brain as the organ of cognition.

you are being edgy on purpose tho. When universe will die, literally everything will die, and there will be no one to judge you for meaninglessness of your past live and for your genes that you pushed a bit farther