A library of the Patristic Literature is over 12 million words long in hundreds of volumes

>a library of the Patristic Literature is over 12 million words long in hundreds of volumes

Lord have mercy.

Seems like a life well wasted

How big is your anime collection, soyboy?

wow I know that bookstore

Yeah but much like other voluminous works only a very small fraction is worthwhile.

For instance the Collected works of Marx/Engles and Lenin together are over 200 volumes.

why would you group lennon with marks and angels, he came way later

SOY
O
Y

>Doesn't want to spend his entire life reading something that focuses on a religion he doesn't believe in
>LE SOY XD!

Doing things you have no interest in to attain the approval of people you don't know is infinitely more "soy" than reading what you want. Also stay in your containment board you enormous faggots.

Aquinas, Augustine, et al are good reading, but an entire library of the stuff isn't time well spent for someone that's non-religious.

Speak for yourself. Being an atheist marks you as a soyboy automatically. Myself, I am a Christian, and am interested in reading the Fathers for that reason.

>why would you group lennon with marks and angels, he came way later

For the same reason you would group Ignatius of Antioch and Isaac of Nineveh together despite the 600 year gap between them

PS Answer the question. How big is your anime collection?

>an entire library of the stuff isn't time well spent for someone that's non-religious.

t. never gonna make it to philosopher

>

He is merciful, that's why the library is interminable.

>he's not religious
Faggot

I have limited interest in philosophy. There's a finite amount of time everyone has and I'm content with the Greeks and a sampling of the typical big-names like the ones I mentioned supplemented with Nietche, Sarte, Wittgenstein, Kant, Hume, and Hobbes.

Any more and you'd have barely any time for fiction and non-fiction books to say nothing of hobbies outside of reading.

>anarchist
>"pacifist" but fought in the Spanish Civil War anyway
>refused baptism for "the love of those things that are outside Christianity"
>heretic
>committed suicide

Why would you mention this person in a conversation about the Church Fathers?

After He granted me immortality, I resolved to poison all the wells of faith.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Dubiously Christian anons telling people to read the entire corpus of every Church Father. Vulgate-only sedevaticanists who can't read Latin and aren't confirmed. KJV fanatics who don't know what the Textus Receptus is. All this religious LARPing will be lost, like tears in a jar at Cana. Time to die to the Law.

he's right though.

Jeez guys I love the Bible and all and reading Augustine too but slow it down with the Christposting, you guys are becoming the new fedoras and I'd hate to see that happen.

Quality fucking post. Is this pasta?

Veeky Forums Catholics use religion as a justification for their delusions of aesthetic "superiority." Belief in God is quite unrelated to their public religiosity.

Have you considered that the earliest Christians...

WERE GREEK???

I appreciate any well-written, anti-Catholic post on this website, so thank you for that. You're right. The Catholic smugness throughout this website is both wholly unwarranted (above all because the religion is false), and is furthermore their defense mechanism against younger, upstart cults: Catholicism itself was once a young, upstart cult. Muh History, Muh Culture are in no way meaningful apologetics for it.

There are plenty of good abridgements and summary compilations. The must reads are pretty clear.

Are you saying "Veeky Forums Catholics" are religious in public or are not religious in public?

>good abridgements and summary compilations. The must reads are pretty clear.
Pray tell.