ITT: Post your TRUE literature opinions that will get you the most (you)s

ITT: Post your TRUE literature opinions that will get you the most (you)s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2cMYfxOFBBM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

John Green is the best author alive. His Book "The Fault In Our Stars," will go down in history as legendary 21st century literature. My dad beats me please he

I can't stand books that go with the present tense.

Pynchon is a hack

The Divine Comedy is garbage

Anna Karenina is the best book ever written but plebs can’t into it

(you) uncultured swine

I dont even like to read, Im just here to shit over pretentious autists

The Bible is completely incoherent if interpreted literally and anyone who does so has serious psychological problems.

people who carry 700 page russian novels around with them are pseuds

also your mom gay

There is no reason to read anything in middle english, and following on from that, the matter of Britain is a mess that is really only read in order to seem 'cultured'.

Art is subjective

starting with the greeks is pointless and dumb

Lacan is the most intelligent person in the 20th century. Psychoanalysis is something else entirely that is neither science, religion or philosophy or any field of study, but a revolutionary practice in its own right that could emancipate us all and create a new way to experience the universe that is simultaneously open to change, true to oneself, politically engaging, scientifically sound, respectful to both the individual and the collective, accepting of death and the unknown, and it functions in every day life or as means to deal with knowledge, religion, social matters in a way that is not naive, romantic, nor cynical or skeptic. But I can't tell you how because you'd have to spend years talking to a psychoanalyst to understand what I mean and no book or text can tell you otherwise and everyone who says psychoanalysis is bullshit doesn't know the first thing about it. And the only reason it can only be accessed in that bourgeois way is because people do not accept psychoanalysis easily and it very well knows that, so my fate is to see the world deny this amazing opportunity that has no counterparts in the history of mankind except for small parallels of certain aspects of it in certain parts of buddhism, education, science and so on.. But I'm okay with it.

Reading, writing, representing, editing, and publishing all forms of literature have been completely overtaken and debased by women, effeminate men (relegated exclusively to readership these days), ethnic minorities, perverts, and, above all others, Jews. Masculine heterosexual white Gentile males have been completely excluded from the medium of literature except for a dying cohort of profitable Boomer authors and a handful of writers who first achieved enough success outside of the publishing industry to convince the cabal to temporarily set aside their infinite ethnic hatred for Europeans and Western values and men in the interests of making money. As a result, literature is a withering medium, a vanishing niche interest, and will likely die (or, more precisely, be murdered) altogether within the century, and there is no hope of reversing this process, so intelligent readers should stick to reading the classics and give up on the present and future.

Is this Chiller?

I'm very happy that this is true, actually.

Rightfully so. Wave bye bye! :)

why tho?

literally one of the first works of lit normies read when they try to into high culture lmao

disgusting

>normies
embarrasing

>embarrasing
embarrassing

>embarrassing
embarassing

>embarrasing
embarrasing

There is no good modern literary voice for right-wing thought, just echo-chamber tier "the rumor come out: did liberals is muslim gay satan" and Moldbugian ramblings.
The left has decent academic voices, but the right only has professional trolls seeking redditbucks a la Milo and Coulter.
Which is a shame, because I'd like to read some challenging right-wing literature for a change.

Maybe that has something to do with anyone voicing anything but Marxist opinions being defunctionalized or killed.

Proving his point...

The right controls every branch of government on the federal level, every branch on the state level where I live, and even have a few seats on student council at my ultraliberal university. Bull.
Now point me to some decent right-wing thought on paper.

I could write it for you, but I won't

In hindsight, the era of tripfags like Butterfly and Evolakid was much better than the current era of cross posters and Peterson threads.

This.

Most genre fiction will get grandfathered into literature eventually.

Picture of Dorian Gray sucks ass

>neocon cuckservatives
>"the right"

OK princess enough Internet for you tonight you have school tomorrow

Any book not at least 100-150 years old hasn't been tested by time and is therefore complete trash and can be ignored

nevermind that masculine heterosexual white gentiles are too busy playing video games in an era of boundless and immersive electronic entertainment

nevermind that literature classes are full of women, effeminate men, LGBT, etc. with barely a masculine heterosexual white gentile in sight because they are all in STEM programs or else business/economics/finance/law.

nevermind that trying to actually advertise and sell books by masculine heterosexual white gentiles is probably next to impossible, whereas backing books with an exotic or outrageous author identity is attention grabbing and makes implicit false promises of revealing the secrets to life known by "the other", probably making more money in the end

no, it must be a conspiracy, it must be the SJWs

I rolled my eyes several times while reading the first chapter, I'll have to finish it when I'm done with the Trial to give an actual opinion.

So far The Trial is disjointed and dull, but has specks of greatness here and there. I get it, it isn't finished, the praise is still...a tad much

Herman Hesse's books make me feel like my life is a meaningful journey.

unironically it’s pomo mysticism

We thought we had such problems. How were we to know we were happy?

>nevermind that masculine heterosexual white gentiles are too busy playing video games
Masculine heterosexual white Gentiles retreated to other mediums for a reason. We were driven off by incessant denunciations of us as persons. Leftists have attempted the same strategy of infiltration, subversion, sabotage, and destruction as they used on literature and academia on other spheres like video games and comic books to great success.

>nevermind that literature classes are full of women, effeminate men, LGBT, etc. with barely a masculine heterosexual white gentile in sight because they are all in STEM programs or else business/economics/finance/law.
It's almost like paying tens of thousands of dollars to sit in a room for four years being hysterically shrieked at that you are the incarnation of Satan and must be destroyed isn't appealing to most people.

>nevermind that trying to actually advertise and sell books by masculine heterosexual white gentiles is probably next to impossible, whereas backing books with an exotic or outrageous author identity is attention grabbing and makes implicit false promises of revealing the secrets to life known by "the other", probably making more money in the end
Book readership is at an alltime low since the advent of mass literacy.

>no, it must be a conspiracy, it must be the SJWs
It's not a conspiracy if it's the entirety of popular culture and its production industry in plain sight with no attempt to conceal it whatsoever. Genocidal, totalitarian leftist sociopaths have been constantly, openly declaring a war of total annihilation against normal people ever since 1534. Ever since the days of Cain if you believe the Bible. SJWs are just their most recent fashion persona.

Based

Joyce's novels got progressively more self-indulgent as his career progressed.

David Foster Wallace's best fiction is his short fiction.

Fitzgerald was a one-hit wonder.

Ayn Rand, whether we like her or not, is the most important American writer since the turn of the century.

Young Adult, for better or worse, is the future of fiction. If Catcher in the Rye, The Stranger, or Portrait of the Artist were written today, those novels would be marketed under that umbrella term.

The poetry/short fiction distinction is overdue for deconstruction. Many contemporary poems are written in "stanzagraphs," which are paragraphs with stylized punctuation and indentation. Many contemporary short/flash fictions are stylized in similar ways, and, given a Pepsi/Coke test, most readers (including M.F.A.s and Ph.Ds) wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

"Average-length" novels will die (and deserve to). Authors and publishing companies are going to realize that cranking out genre fiction novellas at a rate of two per year is the best way to maximize profits, and the literary heavyweights will either follow this trend or rebel against it, producing either subversive, pulpy novellas or high-art, 200,000+ word tomes.

The only reasons to write literature at this point are (1) text is the only way to get direct access to a character's thoughts in a non-clunky way; (2) complex syntax and offbeat formatting make for compelling puzzles; and (3) a literary work can incorporate much more "degenerate" content (sex, violence, etc.) than any other medium while still being considered art. Everything else can be done better with other tools.

Rap, hip-hop, and song lyrics are all literature.

I still don't miss them, although it's true this board feels less like the microcommunity it used to be than ever

Have you been to college? Maybe I’ve had an unusual experience, but I went to an LAC (as a white male) and agreed upon tokens of western culture and high art are still taught and vaunted. Most of my professors were white men. I was an English and philosophy major, too. I think maybe you just have a persecution complex.

I think it's an internet nu-conservative meme that universities are a haven of 'SJWs' and are trying to stifle free thought. Not much of that actually happens, but their associated outrage keeps selling their books and increases their listeners inside their bubble.

Read five in a row like I did. Without time to forget anything, I realized that they were all the same underlying story with different character names in different settings. Spare me the lecture on dialectics. I have already heard the arguments. I detest Hesse's work so much that I feel damaged for having read them.

Yes I have an advanced degree. I think you just have a pop psychology bullshit spewing complex.

(you)

Solid post.

Yeah those violent riots that keep breaking out whenever a conservative speaker is booked to give a talk sure aren't happening. Anyway...

youtu.be/2cMYfxOFBBM

Freud never healed a single person

one time I got so stoned I thought I was the best fucking writer alive and stayed up an hour late writing some shit, the next morning I looked back on it and it was just memorized poems like The Walrus and the Carpenter but every other word was "nigger"

Metephysics is dead because science doesn't need it.
Aesthetics is deade because the cultural industry made it banal.
We should all only care about Ethics.

You deny the reality of persecution complexes? What's your degree in?

I think you'll find that what happened at Evergreen State is an anomaly. It's a school for stupid people anyway, my man.

You are dumb, but not THAT dumb

Ethics is the poor man's aesthetics

This. Note: I am not an atheist and I consider the Bible one of the most beautiful and awe inspiring works ever created in the history of man.

What are you gonna do about it, faggot?

Would you like to read my diary, desu?

Tolkien is shit
Joyce is shit
Shakespeare's best works are in this order:Macbeth, Richard III, Julius Caesar
DFW is meme shit
Every right wing writer today is a mercenary riding on an outrage wave that doesn't give a shit and only wants your $$$
Sf>>>fantasy
Poetry without rhyme is no poetry at all
Leonard Cohen was a great writer
This board is less retarded than it seems but more retarded than it pretends to be
/pol/acks, internet """christians""", greekfags and /r9k/ in general deserve to be shot

what about /v/irgins tho?

/pol9k/ pretty much covers them too. This is what happens when retards with 0 education that only play vidya start becoming political.

Art is objective. Defining art as subjective is a useless definition. Definitions are only valid if they are useful to distinguish between things.

you were okay until poetry that doesn't rhyme. As if dude. Why be so married to that one poetic tool. I understand not liking poetry that isn't formally involved, but it's almost hilariously limited to only consider rhyme.

Paradise Lost:
Adam > Satan > God > shit > Eve > who cares

>Wrong
>Wrong
>>I'm a pleb
>Right
>Mostly right
>Not really
>Wrong
>Right
>Right
>Right

Beat him harder.

There are people who don't carry Dostoyevsky books around? What do they even talk about?

Physical copies are needed in case the world ends

Post your diary.

It feels like cheating. I know I'm limiting myself but I really don't enjoy it.

i.e. utter pish

Ayn Rand's nonfiction pieces from her paper The Objectivist are underrated.

oooh "advanced"

Plays shouldn't be read.

My standard is 50-20 years. But I have a similar sentiment.

Disgusting

This has been me for the past month. I enjoy it.

Maps of Meaning is actually a great book.

There are, you're just not going to recognise them by 'left' or 'right' as easily as you are some faggot on Twitter whose entire personality revolves around politican partisanship. We also tend to associate 'right-wing' politics with being inflammatory partly because of political strategy and also because a lot of it is defined by rejection of contemporary trends - so right-wing becomes more of a synonym for impolite, unpopular or less 'broadcastable' opinions or whatever.

I'd feel uncomfortable calling John Lukacs 'right-wing' for instance because it immediately makes him sound like something he's not. What if I say 'A man of the Right?' Well that's an awkward phrase and implies some kind of loyalty and spectrum. He self-describes as a 'reactionary' but I wouldn't introduce him like that.

Masters, you faggot. Advanced means masters or doctorate.

Veeky Forums is unbearable but there is nowhere else to go

You don’t need to go on any website

Tell me more about your correspondence school MBA

>mfw I have surpassed this board

I easily see that philosophical axioms are arbitrarily chosen. I see that the idea of "objective literary quality" is promoted to have a common set of canon books and criteria to facilitate in group status signalling through praise and "criticism" of these books. Publishers also have financial incentives to promote this.

I easily see that there are infinitely many interpretations of art. I easily see that some of these interpretations are promoted for the above social signalling reasons and fuel for citation circle jerks. I easily see that enjoyment of art was an important criteria in all early forms of art but is now discouraged due to its uselessness as a concept in academia.

I easily see that modern pseudo intellectuals venerate Ancient Greece and Rome in order to signal intelligence while ironically they are too unintelligent and lazy to understand modern advances in science and mathematics (which they dismiss as unimportant while using these as their intellectual launching pads).

I easily see that all successful art forms start as derided hobbyist and experimental activities among males for enjoyment, become more popular with the mainstream of society while new peaks of expertise are reached, before losing popularity as commercial interests, academia, and female attention whoring eliminate organically accepted standards and impose their own.

I see that literature is in the stagnant female and academic dominated phase. Poetry is even further gone. I easily see that any attempt to deny this by appealing to "our dumbed down society" is clearly false because of the incredible progress and interest in hard sciences and mathematics (through actual research, not pop sci). These activities require skills while people, consciously or not, realise literature has descended in to a signalling game.

I easily see that the discussions around Hegelian philosophy or Marxism or any philosophy represent trivial symbolic manipulations and deductions with zero predictive value.

well crafted pasta ill give it a (You)

Only plebs interpret literally tho, this is only a problem for dumb evangelicals

MPCdot.com for all your esoteric rightwing needs

no

Terry Pratchett is good

i can add to this

woman can not appreciate existential literature or any normal literature because they will be forever hung up on feminism and the questions surrounding it.

>so intelligent readers should stick to reading the classics and give up on the present and future.

This is the type of thinking that lead to your situation. Don't perpetuate the system you effete.

right-wing maybe, but the far right has plenty of voices

sentences spanning 10+ lines shouldn't really be a thing

>Fitzgerald was a one-hit wonder
*cough* *cough* Tender Is the Night

There's a load of good short stories too

>Masculine heterosexual white Gentiles retreated to other mediums for a reason. We were driven off by incessant denunciations of us as persons.
That doesn't sound very masculine at all.
>boo hoo I literally can't read books anymore because mean old leftists called me a shitlord
sounds like some real pussy shit lmao

Only newplebs trying too hard to fit in will disagree with this though