Goddammit why can't chinks get over their 'my ancestors' autism and just use a proper syllabary...

Goddammit why can't chinks get over their 'my ancestors' autism and just use a proper syllabary? I'm not learning all this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eaGSBXMobPM
youtube.com/watch?v=troxvPRmZm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Simplify English orthography first before you complain.

Also keep in mind that Chinese is not one language. It's four different languages, about as different from one another as French is from German. The logographic writing system allows the Chinese (and to some extent the Japanese) to communicate among themselves even though they couldn't understand each other if they were speaking face to face. Try squinting your eyes, pig.

>The logographic writing system allows the Chinese (and to some extent the Japanese) to communicate among themselves even though they couldn't understand each other if they were speaking face to face.
That's a myth.

And I support English spelling reform.

What now?

virgin faux-chad mad that soy-boy little dick azns are smarter than him

get rid of simplified desu, there's way too many inconsistencies

Oh wow! A Chinese nationalist in the wild! Next, please defend your people's complete lack of human decency, morality and nobility. You know, the thing where they run over children and don't care, or watch one of their fellows bleed to death on the ground and just step right over him.

Tell me more about your grorious culture.

>one of their fellows bleed to death on the ground and just step right over him

yea that only happens in china. ching chong defend marxism-leninism-maoism

>grorious
>implying Chinese doesn't have an L sound
>when one of the most popular names in China is "Li"

Dumb gweilo

it keeps niggers out

there are also things related to the very very very very very very large amount of homophones. that is maybe 40% of the reason

the other 60% is to keep out foreigners. mostly niggers and muslims, but even europeans cause problems.

dunno if im more insulted by the /pol/ bait or the shitty attempts at linguistics

before trying to invade and alter a foreign culture maybe you should solve your black gang and suicide bomber problems

lettering hardly seems like a problem by comparison

I literally come from a chinese border state and everyone is bilingual you idiot

the system is meant to keep out foreigners. literally. if you cant accept historical fact maybe you should accept suicide

You're right, we whites, who invented all the political forms, technology, and ways of life you are currently using to talk to me right now, should expel those people from Asia who are causing problems in our countries. That way we can be as good as China: the world's biggest non-stop Medieval Times recreation.

Enjoy being ground up into powder for your fiftieth uncle's anti-aging cream.

kick us out if you like. I'd be sad but I'm not a nigger trying to invade you

in return though, please stop invading asia and trying to change our culture, and filling us full of muslims and niggers, please

thanks

Stop polluting the entire fucking planet to make more of your non-contributing insectoid race that hasn't created any "culture" in a thousand years and maybe that'd be an option.

Why couldn't you be like the Japanese?

It sounds like you've never actually met and spoken with actual Chinese people. They're different from us for sure, but similar to us in so many other ways. The fact that you glaze over an entire country based on your Western misconceptions about them is kinda pathetic.

literally just /pol/ posting please fuck off both of you

ban discussion of racism, feminism, and islamaphobia and you have a deal

until then, no

youtube.com/watch?v=eaGSBXMobPM

why do it here when /pol/ is exactly the same thing.. why ... i just wanna know why...

Reading Chinese is pretty fucking easy. Speaking and listening skills takes a HELL of a lot of dedication though. Speaking as a Midwestern retard who studied it a bit.

people post about hite supremacy, that islam is peaceful

one of your niggerlovers is attacking a culture closely related to mine.

go fuck yourself. I am going to defend myself

it's a little accurate, as long as you know basic shit like 'where do you wanna go' in shitting tones people will applaud you for not being totally illiterate - foreigners are expected to basically be retarded
the downside is if you bother putting in the work to become fluent people in the mainland will never accept you in an immigrant and you'll be stuck not being able to have property, a credit card, or a business without a local partner

but at least traditional beats Cantonese

>I support english spelling reform
You meant:
I sport eenglish spalling reeform
you slacktivist cunt

Do you even know how that language works?
It's not suited for the kind of writing system we use.

there is literally 0 reason foreigners should be permitted to live in china. especially if they're going to fucking bitch about things like credit (generally considered a bad thing given that it led to both the 20s and 08 crash)

if all that isnt enough, europe literally gives isis people beheading christians in videos free money and interpretation jobs

no. europeans do NOT belong in china

neither does anything but a teeming endless horde of chinese apparently

no trees, no animals, no forests, no real food, no pristine rivers. nothing but chinese. some day the world will be filled with han chinese, then it will be perfect, when endless gibbering mindless rat-like chinkoids fill the entire universe from end to end, their only purpose to consume and make more of themselves

there is literally 0 reason the Chinese should be permitted to take over West Philippine Sea, Spratly and Senkaku Islands. especially if they're going to fucking bitch about things like foreigners (generally because they’re butthurt about the Boxer Rebellion and western journalists trying to intervene in the Tiananmen Square Massacre

if all that isnt enough, China literally gives North Korea funding which is then used for their nuclear programs.

You’re not saints, Chang. Stop pretending, we all know what you guys are up to.

Even the few Chinese who are still human recognize how fucked the mainland Chinese are.

>europeans do NOT belong in china

Your worthless people are colonizing Africa and ruining every major city in Canada and Australia, and all you can think of is yourself. Notice how typical this is of a Chinese person, only being able to think of themselves even when they do the exact same thing to others, even do much worse to others.

That's why nobody wants you, you soulless fuck with a dead culture. Enjoy provoking WW3 in this century with your zombie husk of a civilization.

literally myanmar, thailand, the philippines, vietnam, and malaysia endorse chinese control of the islands over american sea control

japan invited duterte to the floor of the diet to call obama a "black monkey"

you chose to let them in. its your fault. good luck finding another race of people as suicidal as caucasians

the chinese reject you. you gonna end the planet in nuclear fire so you can force yourself into their country and get laid by chinese prostitutes bc canadian/european girls are too fat?

Nah, we'll just do to you what we did to you the last fifty times you tried anything: utterly humiliate your backward peasant civilization.

Your failure to compete as a world civilization has nothing to do with economics. It's at the core of who you are. You are a stagnant, bloated, inward-looking, culturally inert anthill. Your attempts to "modernize" have only destroyed your country's landscape and created armies of mindless peasants who now have cellphones. Big improvement.

The Japanese went from being literally medieval levels of backward, to conquering you like it was nothing in under a generation. What does that tell you? You know why? Because the Japanese are actually human, they are actually an historical culture, a civilization. Japan is on the level of Europe, and joined the world stage naturally.

You are on the level of Indians. That's why you fight with them so much. You're brothers.

English is already extremely simplified.

That post was genuinely clever and funny user. I just want you to know that I enjoyed it.

26 letters
spread across
45+ phonemes
in
dozens and dozens of digraghs and trigraphs
all of it an inconsistent clusterfuck with more exceptions to every rule than cases where the rule actually works

No thanks.

Because photographic language of theirs is beautiful to behold and write, calligraphy as an art. Western is more abstract, eastern is more immediate. The two poles. You want to eliminate the Occident for such a trivial reason as "It's taking too long for ME to memorize!"

>i'm too stupid to read X
>therefore everyone should change X to suit my special needs

fucking retard

>That's a myth.
elaborate!
i have a Chinese friend who once told me she would understand a proper amount of Japanese as well as some korean

I suppose that is a similar case to romance language speakers, for example if you speak spanish you would be able to understand italian, portuguese and french to some degree

sound like a working pleb filter

Then she lied to you, or you are lying to us. Korean uses a syllabary system.

Yes it does.
They can't say it out loud in Japanese, but they get the gist of it by looking at the kanji. The same goes vice versa.

it actually is about 20% faster to read. highly educated people can read chinese about 60% faster. the limitation for reading speed is a combination of, of course, brain speed, but crucially eye movement. chinese is
condensed and lets the eyes move at a steady pace. in english your eyes must speed up over short ords then stop at longer ones, chinese your eyes dont need to stop and you cant take in the information better

I'd be in favor of the adoption of ideograms or some sort of hangul system (condensed phoenetics combined ith ideograms) at some scale, in principle. digitisation makes it trivial

a problem for english/indoeuro is they are not very fast languages to read, unfortunately

Bc they're smarter than you admit it.

START CULTIVATING THE MORAL LAW DESU

they're not though :)

Try getting an actual culture before lecturing other nations, fucking american.

Try learning French.

Wow! one part of china has people not stopping a right so everyone must be like that!
Btw, the correct thing to do when you see two guys fighting is call the police, not try to stop them, especially if you're a girl but not limited.

As for not helping, isn't that called "bystander effect" in psychology.
The more people around to help, the less likely someone jumps to help because they assume "someone else will do it." There are over 1 billion people in China. A quarter of a billion in the biggest cities.

This. Those inflections and tones =(

The Chinese have been around longer than any civilization in the world.

French has a lot less irregulars than English. Most of the sounds and syllables are consistent.
"oeu"-> always makes that sound
"oi" =always makes the "wa" sound
inge is more tricky. it makes the "ahng" sound.

You never pronounce the last consonant unless there is an "e" at the end and it's consistent.
The same cannot be said about a lot of English words and their "rules."

why is syllabary assumed proper? Fuck off. Let people maintain their culture and quit being so Ethnocentric.
youtube.com/watch?v=troxvPRmZm8
It's not even that hard if you start from the basics and work your way up. And of course, if you're not a brainlet.

Wait wait wait...

How would you faggots fix English?

This question probably deserves its own thread.

It also takes up less space. It amazes me when I see my Japanese students reading these tiny little pocket books and ask them what they're reading and they say The Lord of the Rings or something. And Chinese is more compact than Japanese. I guess Japanese also has the bonus of always having a consonant + vowel so they can use a syllabary instead of an alphabet but the logographs are what really compact things.

A syllabary for English would be retarded. You'd need more characters than Chinese to do that. An alphabet works for English but a logographic system would be better in my opinion, either that or an actual phonetic system like one of the shorthand systems. Fuck if we could have a shorthand system for text meant to be written and a logographic system meant to text to be read we would be sitting pretty. It would take a long time to learn the logographic system and the transition would be torture but it would be worth it.

chinese is more comfy for me to read. jp is not as fast and generally a pain bc you have to figure out the precise meaning of the 5 different possible pronunciations.

jp is synthetic so even syllabry doesnt make it condensed compared to gook. additionally most (70%?) of chinese is phoenetic. the phoenetic components are practically useless in jp.

I think logographs for the 500 most common verbs and for conjunctions and maybe a couple others is a good idea.

ebooks and sites could automatically convert it for people that'd like to use it. I read so much it'd save me tons of time

I don't think "prorate" or other incommonly used ones need logograms (here, chinese goes full retard)

chinese has a symbol for entropy (lol)

I think names and places are where logographs do their best work. History is such a pain in English because names don't mean shit, but in Chinese it's like the mnemonic devices are already there in the text for you.

names? are you going full retard here? you use logographs for individual names the least

a lot of people here literally cant even read hte kanji for other peoples names

english names mean plenty. tanner. johnson. mead.

you dn't understand names bc there are tons of germans, french, dutch, biblical ,etc.

like cockroaches

I might be retarded but most of the time I'll just remember people by the first character of their name until I have a reason to remember any more. When I do that in Chinese it's their actual name like a quarter of the time, but in English it never is.

t. low IQ

>English is already extremely simplified.

Loving every laugh. English spelling and pronunciation is a un-uniform mess, not to mention the plethora of irregular past participles and shit.

They're are about 10 different ways to pronounce "~ough" in English.

Plough
Though
Through
Tough
Cough

ETC.

*There are*

Before some autismo jumps on me...

As someone who reads Japanese at a high level, here are some benefits of Chinese characters

-Aesthetics
-make the writing more compact
-Aids in quick reading or skimming of texts
-Clears up some ambiguity among homophones (of which there are a lot in Japanese)

I don't get it

their names in chinese are usually a single character

yeah but if thats hard for you as a native you're a nigger

Frankly none of those things are taboo in China

>their names in chinese are usually a single character
Which is part of the reason why I think it's better for remembering names than English is.

>muh muh cockroaches
Nice low intellectual perspective from a retard who can't do anything about his sandnigger problem.

Except they are human and have a rich history of flourishing that dates back as early as Ancient Greece and Rome, meanwhile they are still here with their same mass of land about the size of the U.S. or all of Europe.
Kind of makes you think.

>yeah but if thats hard for you as a native you're a nigger

Stop moving the goalposts, that's not what my response was related to.

>That's a myth
No it isn't. Although I think spoken Mandarin is now common enough that it's not a big deal anymore- I'd imagine by now most Cantonese speakers also speak Mandarin, though probably pretty badly.

>Foreigners do not belong in China
>China, the country with the biggest diaspora in the world

????????????????????????????????????

Believing foreign people should stay out of your country =/= believing your people should stay out of foreign countries

lrn2xenophobia

afaik the myth is that vaguely understanding the meaning of a text is a valuable skill which is used in real life.

if the Chinese all used a common alphabet they would still vaguely understand texts because most forms of Chinese are not that mutually unintelligible as some people like to believe.

I would not. The alphabet contains valuable historical information which adds character.

Chinese characters are of course also valuable historically but well it's not an alphabet.

True about Japanese and Chinese, although I'd say having a limited understanding can sometimes be useful- e.g. travelling.

But with regard to different Chinese dialects, it's much more than 'vaguely understand texts'. A Mandarin speaker and a Cantonese speaker should be able to read the exact same written text pretty much equally well, although they'd have great difficulty having a spoken conversation.