Going to a barnes & noble for the first time in my life today... what should i do?

going to a barnes & noble for the first time in my life today... what should i do?

looks uncomfortable, i'd avoid it if i were you.

get some books

Wtf it's not a damn library. I understand sampling the book before purchasing, but she looks pretty hunkered down

I usually go to Barnes and Nobels when I visit the US, can someone explain why there are always people on the corridors laying down and reading books they havent actually bought?

Reading is not so much about reading as it is being seen reading.

Get the cheap hardcovers, they're like, $4 right now at my local

Chat up a qt like an autism and start a romantic comedy from a decade ago

can you imagine the vaginal fluids those couches are stained with?

I only go to check out what literary journals they have sandwiched inthe corner of their magazine rack. I don't even know why they have them. In this big city I'm probably the only person who EVER buys them.

Applied for a part time job once, too, and they only hire elderly people, like 50+, because old people have no ambition and will put up with bad hours, bad pay, and literally no chance of advancement in ways the young never will.

I got a B&N gift card for christmas so I'm going there today too, for the first time in a couple years.

Recommend me a couple good books. Bangers only, please.

Approach every cute girl there and get their number so you can fuck their face.

That's the plan, buddy. I wanna get a couple books out of it though. I'm not great with the ladies, so I need to try being a well-rounded, educated member of society as a backup plan

Barnes and Noble cannot afford to tell you not to read in their store. They're just happy you're actually there, especially in a major city where they're out 'corporate'ed' by Amazon and out 'mom and pop'd' by any non-chain bookstore.

One of the locations near me changed their policy after years of being okay with people lounging and reading. They started telling people to get off the floor and to stop reading the books if they weren't going to buy them. Closed down a few months later. It probably had more to do with the rent but at this point, Barnes and Noble needs to cultivate the mom-and-pop feel because there's no other reason to go there if they do not.

Unless your giftcard is a ridiculous sum it'll only net you 1-2 overpriced paperbacks and you'd be better off going online and buying used books off the B&N website, treating it like you would amazon.

Be prepared to be incredibly disappointed by their lack of selection, unless you're at the one in New York City that has everything.

Once you've been to a legit independent bookstore with low lights, a knowledgeable owner, comfy ass couches...you'll always look at places like B&N as the overpriced corporate foxholes that they are. Making money off of Starbucks and toys and games and shit. Fuck them.

Buy your books online then. The books instore are full price. Fuck paying $20 for a single paperback.

I always check out the LNs and manga, graphic novels, see if they have any MG gunpla kits, then maybe find a novel that looks interesting but that is almost never the case because of B&Ns shit taste in lit.

move all the bibles to the fiction section

Do yourself a favor and use B&N like a library so spend your B&N gift card on starbucks so they don't throw you out for not paying for anything, also don't spill it anywhere. If you find something good, buy it online at a reduced price.

I got Moby Dick, a collection of Shakespeare's Plays, a collection of Kafka and Candide with the $40 worth of gift cards I got for Christmas

I literally have not seen coolface in nearly five years.

Good call, this is what I did instead. Got a bunch of books for only five bucks out of pocket. Thanks guys