Please leave this board and never return if any if the following applies

Please leave this board and never return if any if the following applies.

>you're ugly
>you can't read works from the entirety of your native language's written history
>you believe that sonorously beautiful writing is something to be held as praiseworthy rather than something to be held as a norm from which only masters with specific aims are allowed to deviate
>you don't believe in the hierarchy of genres
>you believe Milton may be excused for his incorrect grammar
>you dislike illustrated editions because they "impose on how you would have otherwise pictured the scenes"
>you read light verse while sober
>you believe that originality in any way excuses failures of mastery
>you believe that someone not intimately familiar with all the classical styles and modes could be able to invent a new one of any import
>you consider jumping in and out of different schools of criticism (biographical, new critical, what have you) to be suitable behaviour past the age of 17
>you post your OC more than once

are you the (OP) of the "leave this board and never return" threads?

Why is Novalis pic always in these meme thread

>never return if any if the following applies.

I think you should leave this board, user.

Where should one start with the prose of Novalis?

I'm glad beauty is acknowledge as the superior virtue.

Several of Novalis's notebooks and philosophical works or books about Novalis and his work have been translated in English.
The Birth of Novalis: Friedrich von Hardenberg's Journal of 1797, With Selected Letters and Documents, trans. and ed. Bruce Donehower, State University of New York Press, 2007.
Classic and Romantic German Aesthetics, ed. Jay Bernstein, Cambridge University Press, 2003. This book is in the same series, the Fichte-Studies and contains a selection of fragments, plus Novalis' Dialogues. Also in this collection are fragments by Schlegel and Hölderlin.
Fichte Studies, trans. Jane Kneller, Cambridge University Press, 2003. This translation is part of the Cambridge Texts in the History of Philosophy Series.
Henry von Ofterdingen, trans. Palmer Hilty, Waveland Press, 1990.
Hymns to the Night, trans. by Dick Higgins, McPherson & Company: 1988. This modern translation includes the German text (with variants) en face.
Hymns to the Night / Spiritual Songs, Tr. George MacDonald, Forward by Sergei O. Prokofieff, Temple Lodge Publishing, London, 2001.
Klingsohr's Fairy Tale, Unicorn Books, Llanfynydd, Carmarthen, 1974.
Novalis: Notes for a Romantic Encyclopaedia (Das Allgemeine Brouillon), trans. and ed. David W. Wood, State University of New York Press, 2007. First English translation of Novalis's unfinished project for a "universal science," it contains his thoughts on philosophy, the arts, religion, literature and poetry, and his theory of "Magical Idealism." The Appendix contains substantial extracts from Novalis' Freiberg Natural Scientific Studies 1798/1799.
Novalis: Philosophical Writings, transl. and ed. Margaret Mahoney Stoljar, State University of New York Press, 1997. This volume contains several of Novalis' works, including Pollen or Miscellaneous Observations, one of the few complete works published in his lifetime (though it was altered for publication by Friedrich Schlegel); Logological Fragments I and II; Monologue, a long fragment on language; Faith and Love or The King and Queen, a collection of political fragments also published during his lifetime; On Goethe; extracts from Das allgemeine Broullion or General Draft; and his essay Christendom or Europe.
The Novices of Sais, trans. by Ralph Manheim, Archipelago Books, 2005. This translation was originally published in 1949. This edition includes illustrations by Paul Klee. The Novices of Sais contains the fairy tale "Hyacinth and Rose Petal."

Add this
>You're less than 180cm

t. bean pole with a small penis

t. little man

Please leave this board if you still use "please leave this board" bait in less than 72 hours

NY Resolution lol ok thanks u guys

I've never stooped so low as to use a tripcode.

>>you believe Milton may be excused for his incorrect grammar
Fuckoff I know better than you

Don't be vulgar.

>tfw hideous

He's associated now. Novalis is the gatekeeper symbol

Make me, nerd

what a cute trap.

I hear suicide really clears your skin. The oils evaporate or something.

>hierarchy of genres

This.

cont.

>you browse /pol/
>you bump shit threads
>you haven't read infinite jest

nice passive aggression :3

The original pasta was better, where it actually checked if someone was a well-read individual.

you are the hero we need but do not deserve, many blessings fair prince

>>you browse /pol/
/pol/ posters are infinitely more intelligent than Veeky Forums posters, on average and in raw number. I am not an ageist but I presume I has partly to do with such. Average age of Veeky Forums posters = 17. Average age of /pol/ poster = 29

why is novalis so kawaii?

>the average pol poster is 29
The average pol poster is either 15 or pic related.

>what /nigger/ actually believes
Don't you have a jewish academia to take down, cuckboy?

>the poster that made this post is so young that they could not realize that the image they posted is fake meme satire

Is that what an attempt to argue against The Truth looks like? Hmm, I would have never known

>tfw your mom won't post ben garrison memes with you

>they are also so young they didnt realize they agreed with me by suggesting the average between 15 and 50 may be around 29

Poor people should leave.