What are bookish women like?

What are bookish women like?

non existent

With a penis.

Lacking in life experiences and informed by social media and chick lit that there is a war against them so they're also really defensive and easily upset.

They exist but typically only read shallow novels or female empowerment manifestos behind the thin facade of a poorly written romance story
Some deviate from the norm, the /idealgf/ is able to comprehend and discuss literature, but even so most can’t or don’t care to wrap their head around the more complex of problems

This.
They only read Harry Potter or ASOIAF or at least claim too because of the movies or TV show.

dykes

Just as shallow as normal girls, just more intelligent and quiet.

Intellectually speaking, traps are on the same level of women

yeah i agree.
not always
idk if they're even quiet at all.

>gf is phd student for english lit.

Women reading starter pack:

>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>On the Road
>The Great Gatsby
>Haruki Murakami
>Wuthering Heights
>Jane Austen
>Bukowski
>A Little Life
>The Alchemist

Sheltered, conservative, unfashionable, earnest, loving, usually having acne.

>idk if they're even quiet at all
Go hang around with girls who don't care about literature and tell me which group (IN GENERAL) is lauder

Or at least freckles

p much this in my experience. even women i know who have master's degrees in lit don't get much enjoyment out of reading / analyzing the canon. they read A TON but it's all pure entertainment kind of stuff, and if they want something "heavy" or "philosophical" they'll grab something like life of pi or the kite runner. some of them like hemingway.

this could just be the women i know, also. there are almost certainly women out there who enjoy serious lit.

You think she spends enough time outside for her freckles to show?

+hemingway

>conservative

In nature, retard

Hey, I'm talking about women who read serious lit. You all asked about bookish women? I don't think you can consider a person bookish by reading sci-fi and YA... those are books but that doesn't mean they're literate

Well the whole theme of this thread has become describing "what women read", implying they all read trash and have a certain type of personality. Which rings true considering about 60-80 percent of college educated women read quite regularly but all they read is trash like the things mentioned in this thread. Its quite infuriating. I was over at my bros house and his gf left a book behind and it was obviously some stupid waste of paper and though she has a minor in philosophy I probably could make myself look (be?) more knowledable with my wikipedia/meme knowledge + about half of plato's dialogues I read 3 years ago but didnt even get to the republic like a basic pleb idiot.

Either histrionic or autistic

/thread

bookish

sounds like the alt-right

Sounds like the alt-left

Yeah the alt-right and women are about on equal footing desu

>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Ugly

ITT: Incels and autists complain.

The two most prominant in my life right now are:

1) A girl I used to date, who has consumed most of Shakespeare, Marlow, Middleton, and Jonson. Otherwise, she adores Chaucer, Milton, and the Anglos of their ilk. Other interests include opera, art criticism, Arthurian legends (canon-only), and the theory of aesthetics post-Kant. We exchange poems on a regular basis now; most recently, she had sent me works by the Beats, Frost, Whitman, and Rilke.
She works as an editor and a craftswoman by trade. She is introverted, good-hearted, highly empathetic, and has a penchant for silliness.

2) A girl I met at swing dancing. She loves reading through maximalism (Eugenides, Steinbeck, David Mitchell, DFW.etc), and tends to go through the corpus of an author if she enjoys one of their books. She also has a semi-specialization in Anglo-Renaissance literature, modernism, post-modernism, and any aspect of the history of sex and sexuality. Our relationship consists of swing dancing, and getting tea to talk about literature and the like.
She works as a fitness trainer; she's also a boxer and a burlesque dancer. She is introverted, jovial, endearingly awkward, and a sexual deviant.

Both are delights to hang out with, and converse with, even if they don't know the classics or the philosophical canon. Both are great listeners, and are intelligent enough to follow, keep pace, and remember whatever ever I say about Classics or Phil.

The comments in this thread are dreadful. You guys have to go out there more often, and hang out with better people.

Bugman detected.

Reminder to people in this thread that women can easily make similar criticisms about the shallowness of men's lit consumption. So much posturing and one-upmanship about who's better at LARPing as an intellectual

>Buck is female starter pack
>Miller isn't
Kek

>Reminder to people in this thread that women can easily make similar criticisms about the shallowness of men's lit consumption.
Not really. Most men don't read at all. The ones that do will have somewhat better taste. There aren't hordes of men out there buying the equivalent of 50 Shades of Grey.

the best

+
>House of Leaves
>The Brothers Karamazov
>DFW
>Catcher in the Rye
He is right.

annoying

Does anyone else hate these circular wire frames on Koreans? They look like pretentious fuckwits imo.

I once had an affair with a girl who studied french literature, I'll be damned if it was not bliss...

All Koreans look like retards

>There aren't hordes of men out there buying the equivalent of 50 Shades of Grey.

>what is Ready Player One
>what is A Song of Ice and Fire
>what is literally every fantasy book written post-Tolkien
>what is 95% of science fiction novels

Those are redditors, not people

I have yet to meet a woman (other than my high school teacher) who actually reads good books. Most of them see reading as an entertainment medium, like watching TV, so anything beyond Harry Potter, romance, or whatever is popular at the moment is non-existent for them. I'm not trying to put them in a bad light, it's just that I've been extremely unlucky in finding a woman who shares my preferences (i.e. reading for the sake of intellectual enrichment). Though I'm slowly getting my gf into philosophy.
That's just my experience tho.

t. takeshi

Most anons have an immutable philosophy of women for being mommas boys. My gf of five years loves Lucian and Arendt among others, makes cute animal comics and loves anal. To be deprived of such experiences would probably make me hateful too. Also I think many anons play it safe and go for crazy girls because they are easier to bed.

Who is this nemes nomed

I was talking about the subset of men who read.
In my experience the number of men and women who have a genuine interest in literature is the same, but the "shallow" reasons for reading are different for each gender. Many women read to become part of a community, while many men read in an attempt to demonstrate (to themselves or others) that they are more well-read/worldly/intellectual than a real or imagined community (basically, reading things that they believe will show that they're of a higher status). So the women will read the same books as the community they'd like to be a part of, while men will try to find obscure books that they think will give them cred. But the level of interest and enjoyment is similarly shallow.

There are definitely hordes of men out there who are really proud of themselves for reading Bukowski and think it makes them an intellectual.

As an aside, I'm not sure people who read 50 shades even think of it as lit, everyone knows it's erotica. Murakami would be a better example.

Toxic and anxiety ridden.

i know one, she's into me
just bragging

Like most women, they hit a hard brick wall.

t. Dating a bookish woman who fails at following elementary discourse with the slightest arousal of emotions

What are bookish men like?

they just tend to be more shy nd more patient. they're not smarter than average

>My gf of five years loves Lucian and Arendt among others, makes cute animal comics and loves anal. To be deprived of such experiences would probably make me hateful too.

true and heterosexual

wtf i'm the male equivalent of the swing dancing girl

generally more introverted than your average girl... easier to please, harder to court

Does taking it ass make her strong and independent like Arendt was?

We're horrible. Emotionally crippled, sexually impotent, or both. How long have you been here?

t. proud normie

so where do you meet Veeky Forums girls? can you just chat them up while they're reading in the book store?

i'm kind of socially inept, but i'm relatively attractive

Absolutely

I'm aware, it was a rhetorical question

Surprisingly accurate

>everything I don't like is pretentious

Awful in bed. All the ones I've been with just lie there, dead-fish.

Why do you even come here?

I browse here while getting albums off /mu/ sharethreads at work

>just more intelligent and quiet.
then they're less shallow, dumbass

he's larping desu, anyone can get an image from facebook or a dating site... if he's not, he's that weird but strangely social person everyone hates to be around but still finds a way to force himself into the group

But why here? Why not stay on /mu/?

Women instinctively fornicate that way, kiddo.

>Chad has already monopolized book QTs

whores

Grew up poor so I've been Veeky Forums irl from a young age, the memes and shitposting are more nuanced and interesting here. I never really post besides responding to reddit tier hivemind threads like this one.

That's a relief. I was getting pretty jealous for a minute there!

Stay cuckmad

You are all screaming about what isn't "literature". What is proper literature, heh?

>I never really post besides responding to reddit tier hivemind threads like this one
>like this one

t. butthurt larper

it has nothing to do with jealously, it's trying to get into the mind of someone who comes here to brag, when it's a running male theme that they're socially awkward and haven't had many successful relationships, let alone with a dreamy feminine intellectual girl... it's pathetic regardless of authenticity

>Veeky Forums irl
>never really post besides responding to reddit tier hivemind bait threads

You really are an exemplary Veeky Forumsposter

Only woman I've ever known who read more 'adult' literature was a rich 25-year old russian I dated when I was 19-20. She was very calm and collected, didn't feel the need to talk every single second. Also very warm and kind.

Mostly rich, mostly ugly. Sometimes really pretty.

I get that it's a running Veeky Forums theme yes, but you better realize it's also pathetic to think that anything that isn't women hate could only possibly be bait. Btw ive only had one successful relationship-- I didn't insinuate plural at all. I see how it could be bragging yes, but again goddamn. Guess I understand for some it hurts that my post is real.

>t. never had his dick ridden
If your gf doesn't straddle you on a regular basis, it's time to get a new one.

This is the real list:
>One Hundred Years of Solitude
>Lolita
>The Great Gatsby
>The Bell Jar
>One (1) novel from a Brontë sister or Jane Austen, rated it 5 stars on Goodreads/says it's a favorite novel but hasn't read any others like it
>First three Harry Potter books
>One novel by Ngozi Something

ITT

Young men who do not attempt to date young women near or going to university

You guys are just losing a bare bones numbers game. No one reads, period. Even less read good literature. And then half of those on paper are women.

No matter how you look at it, you were always destined to not find this person you are looking for. Your passion for this ideal is what drives your poor perspective.

You need to get a fucking grip

That aside, my last girlfriend read everything related to middle-english she could get her hands on and thats what she specialized in at university. I personally dont care much for that part of English literature so I learned a lot from her since I enjoy linguistics.

This, unironically.

I was with you initially, "but goddamn" indeed. The more you post, the more I think you're baiting or a fool. If you were romantically secure, you wouldn't desire to brag about it here.

Just after I post this, this will be the 20th thread I have hidden on Veeky Forums right now.

What happened to this place? Crossboarding ressentiment faggots has always been a problem, but why is it so much more prevalent now? Is it because the non-faggots that frequent this board are too busy enjoying the holidays with families and loved ones?

>Unsolicitedly sperging out about politics, dooming the thread to be inevitably derailed
Fuck off retard

This pretty much.

they like homo slash

This is one of the most autistic things I've ever read on this board. Sorry dude, girls still aren't gonna fuck you for coming up with schizoid badly written character profiles to own the pissbabies.

>reading is gaining popularity
how is this a bad thing? being an avid reader is a turn-on to anyone, it's a comfy and rewarding hobby... and due to the influx and the nature of Veeky Forums, you'll see some playful off-posting and general increase in shitposts... that's -ok-

My friend's sister almost exclusively reads non fiction.

Do you even go outside and socials frequently? That sure is call the kettle black.

>One Hundred Years of Solitude
Why is this considered a women's book?

I guess because, of the books considered "top literature", often included in top 100 lista etc., it is one of the easiest to read, a well told story with simple writing.
Maybe being one of the few "fantastic" novels in said lists also helps.

why are women obsessed with being female so much so that is all they read or write about?

this desu senpai

examples