Friends! Do any of you remember the read along threads...

Friends! Do any of you remember the read along threads? How many of you would be interested in participating in one in the near future? What kind of book would you like to read? Obviously we would have a vote on the book being read, but only if enough interest is generated

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14731266
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump pls

Veeky Forums doesn't read go away

Please? All I want is a comfy reading thread. The monte cristo and don quixote ones were very popular

Ooh I think this sounds fun!

Fantastic! What books would you be interested in reading?

I wasn't around for any read along threads, how do they work?

Well, everyone participating votes on a book to read. Then, a schedule for how many chapters/pages to read a day, along with rest days, is put together. During the read through, there is a thread dedicated to discussion of the day's reading/comfy-posting

Get a list of together and hopefully people will come to vote.

I will participate

I'm down

How does it work? Read a chapter starting now then let's talk about it in an hour?

The whole idea is that people suggest books to read and we have a vote on them. Do you have any books that you would like to read?
Great! Any ideas for books?
We have to decide on a book first. After that i'll throw together a schedule, which is typically 40 pages a day or so. Then, a daily thread will be made where you can discuss the day's reading

I want to read Jane Eyre with lit

I don't have enough willpower to read this one alone, but maybe if I read along with Veeky Forums I will, so this is my suggestion

Great! I'll put those on the list.

I'd personally like to suggest pic related. I'm due for a re-read

Always wanted to read that one
Requesting The Goose of Hermegones to be added to the list

Interesting choice user, I'll put that on!

So far we have:
Jane Eyre
Life and Fate
Moby Dick
The Goose of Hermegones

I don't care, as long as it isn't overly long and can be done relatively quickly.

Please note that life and fate is like 1000 pages if that matters

on my personal statement for university i said i helped organised online book clubs and what I meant was readalong threads

also I suggest something short and/or simple, like gilgamesh

ok actually gilgamesh is too short

Very nice, were you in the Monte Cristo read along?

If you wanted something shorter, we could read Stoner, Portrait, or To the Lighthouse

My vote goes to Portrait

War and Peace

portrait could be good

Portrait I may have been too hasty saying it needs to be short and sweet.

So far we have:
Jane Eyre
Life and Fate
Moby Dick
The Goose of Hermegones
War and Peace

I'd say that this is an excellent point to begin a vote!

strawpoll.me/14731266

I'll leave it open for about 12 hours or so, so everyone can get a chance to vote.

Actually would be down for this

I'll be down to read War and Peace or Portrait.

+1 I've been meaning to read portrait for a long time.