Veeky Forums top 100 2017 survey

What a surprise, mods removed despite still being up, so this is clearly desired.

I'm doing this since nobody else has yet. The survey is at docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCJVnSTO8pJCd12Uagawf69Flsfa2RS0lXGHTt5Nc9lGwIQQ/viewform?usp=sf_link#response=ACYDBNgLXx1Ytb99fW4TMK_oWeGyXArX3Hn5MVrDTkfZlr4rWvbnQSbfH0cBXg.
No auth required, so I can't collect data. Don't sperg out.

I'm closing the survey at the start of 3rd Jan UTC, as per suggestions in the last thread. It's still a 2017 list tho.

The other list is from discordfags, and very unrepresentative. Ignore them, even if they start samefagging in this thread. To be clear, the full results are at docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVUneg8EeFVZMEuEYfR8NYou_et6DUoRnjQDijoJe7c/edit?usp=sharing so you can check for yourself. I'll tidy things up in different sheets in that workbook.

How about you just fuck off? These things are cancer for the board.

You should've added a disclaimer to not share on Reddit.

As evidence by your presence, so you have a point.

Wow, good one, OP.
Now delete your shit thread.

>The other list is from discordfags, and very unrepresentative. Ignore them
In case you weren't aware, the more involved of them have repeatedly applied for janitorship in the past. Your thread might still get deleted again if they passed, though not too many times since they would have to justify themselves to mods eventually.
Not that more worthless polls will do Veeky Forums any good, but it's beyond that anyway.

Why are so many of these books high school level reading? I thought Veeky Forums was more well read than this.

>t. American

I just thought it'd be a good idea to have a chart for 2017, actually based on Veeky Forums. I'm probably leaving the board next year anyway. The saddest thing is that the discords I've joined for various boards are invariably more retarded than the boards themselves.
Day of the rope for nomalfags when?

You kids need to get consistent with you and/&.

Discord is a cancer on Veeky Forums in general tbqh.

I'm gonna have to be Wallacian levels of sincere user, but it’s for morale purposes.

A bunch of anons are going to make fun of your chart and probably this post, but a lot of us really would appreciate a new chart, even if it doesn’t add many new books (the changes are usually pretty interesting nonetheless).

So yeah, Godspeed user, hopefully the chart will be cool

I hope OP succeeds as well, given how much of the responses he's gotten so far have been absolute shit.

Yeah. I always just kind of found it interesting to see the gradual shifting of Veeky Forums‘s taste over time.

Not what a bunch of discordfags think makes them look erudite.

Thanks anons. Thankfully, the actual survey takers seem fairly consistent with Veeky Forums. If you look at the second link in OP, I've done a rough sorting of the votes so far. I'm thinking a spreadsheet will work for the actual chart layout, I've done a quick test.

I want some opinions on colourschemes and fonts tho. So far I've done black/white and Baskerville, but I don't like it that much. I'm thinking some sort of yellow/brown, like the "book" colour scheme on e-readers.

The problem you don't seem to realize is how much foreign traffic this brings to Veeky Forums. Besides being a rather arbitrary and manipulable chart, it keeps getting posted around other sites and increases traffic. I think last years chart got a half-million views on imgur or some shit.

Yeah I contributed, I look forward to these charts. The sperg that thinks Winnie the pooh is so hysterical needs to kys

≥12pt Arial,

kys redditurd op
go back to you gay discord

omg DO NOT forget about Jerusalem by Alan Moore.

>gradual shifting of Veeky Forums‘s taste over time.
Veeky Forums's top 30~ is always going to be the same, and anything past that is just arbitrary because the vote number for them is so small.

I prefer Redditors to /pol/tards and discordfags. In terms of manipulation, I'm checking for obvious repetition.

I'm going to use serifs to fit in with the others. The sizes are already around there. Pic related is the rough colour scheme I was thinking of.

It's received votes.

>I prefer Redditors to /pol/tards and discordfags
You shouldn't prefer any of them and you're going to get all of them now.

>to fit in with the others
Good idea. And I like the color scheme you posted.

But we already have the last too. At least Redditors would stay away from /clg/.

Thanks.

Are you afraid that the new attention will decrease the quality of Veeky Forums? It's sad to say this, but Veeky Forums will decay more and more as time passes whether there's a chart or not. That said, the worst state I ever saw this board in was in early this year right BEFORE Discord's fraudulent chart.

Alright but I'm blaming you for the quality dip early next year.

Ok

>Veeky Forums top 100 2017

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS SURVEY? RE-NOMINATING THE SAME BOOKS OVER AND OVER BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T READ ANYTHING ELSE?

HOLY MACKEREL, LIT

This
Op has already expressed he knows what this does to the board. Yet he does in fatalism anyways because...
autism?

You're not human beings.

cause there are slight differences. The top hardly changes, but there are interesting changes throughout. Use your head before you post next time, dummy!

>op is samefagging his thread to compliment himself

kek. how mentally unstable are you? you've tried to do this poll like 6 times already

Yeah, 'ok', faggot. You could've been a decent user and quietly left next year but you choose to be cancer. kys

>start a datamining thread
>"but dont sperg out, i'm totally nooooooot collecting data, teehee"
literally kys faggot

report and sage

Verbally freaking out about outsiders is a larger eyesore than actual outsider shitposting. I pass judgement onto you. Sage.

>be op
>is a discordfag
>pretend to not be a discordfag
>start a "poll"
>spam discord invites to people who vote while logged in on gmail

you discordfags really are cancer

>Discordfag has better taste than the entire board
NOW I'VE LOST IT

I literally just decided to do it today. You would have to be unstable to samefag in these threads.

I’m not tho.

I am not collecting emails, or requiring Auth. If I was collecting emails they’d be in the results sheet, which is public.

As these three discordfags have shown, they’re unable to process someone not being as wholeheartedly autistic as they are. To be clear, I’m not collecting any data beyond that shown in the results sheet linked in OP. You can also see the analysis in the other worksheets there, to prove I’m not faking it, before they accuse me of that.

Also, I would much prefer if these cunts were engaged in arguments with redditors than wasting my time. I don’t want to believe that Reddit would improve the board, but it looks like that’s where we are.

You talk just how you're supposed to talk and say the things you're supposed to say! Right on, my dude!

You forgot to throw in 'nigger,' newfriend

stop making charts.

What is subtlety(pic related)?

I've got the formatting figured out pretty well. I just have to make sure there's a thread alive for four days.

What does Veeky Forums think of this Lolita cover? I want one movie-recognisable.

thanks for doing this friendo ! i never know what new books to get so when you guys make these charts i get alot of good ideas for making my bookshelves look better :3

Looks good. Not sure why you want it to have a NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE kind of vibe though.
All that really matters is that you use this trigger-inducing cover of Ulysses

Thanks for doing this user.

I think the glasses are more recognisable than generic little girl legs. I'm using an actual Ulysses cover, although I'm open reconsidering.

The email will be an auto response, considering the reach these can get.