Is Pale fire good or is it just a meme book?

Is Pale fire good or is it just a meme book?

Yes to both

>Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
>Pale Fire
>Treasure Island
Are there any other Blade Runner approved books? Are there references so subtle I missed them?

The Bible, you know, Wallace and the power to create the replicants. His speech has alot of Bible influence. Also, Frankenstein comes to my mind when the theme is "The creator and the creature".

it's considered memeokovs best.

>the digital waifu in BR2049
>arranging an overlay 3some of her own free will
>genuinely loves and cares for android husbando

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

you idiot, she was evil the whole time and led the bad lesbian robot to harrison ford.

It is a great book and it's very fun and engaging to keep reading and going back and forth

Umm, I think you misunderstood the film. Joi wasn't good or evil, she was a mindless program.

>she was evil
I thought Veeky Forums was supposed to be smart

It's very good, but it takes more concentration than pretty much anything I've read. I recommend getting a digital copy so you can print out the poem while reading the annotations instead of flipping back and forth

she nudges him at every turn to pursue the thread of his implanted memories because she is being controlled by headquarters by the squared faced secretary. the "threesome" scene was actually a foursome, with the secretary joining in (voyeuristically), if you freeze some of the frames you can see they superimposed her face also to hint at it.

the whole movie is about the repressed sexual desires of women, the old hag cop, the unfaithful robot, the street walking hooker and the sadistic corporate bitchface. there's no way for you to understand this unless you've seen villenues other films, where he always explores human sexuality from the male and female perspective.

i thought the whole plot of this movie being robots fucking each other might've underscore the nature of each females betrayal somewhat.

>the mother abandoning
>the surrogate mother (boss) abusing her power
>the corporate woman ruthless and pragmatic to the end, unable to find the love she craves (from the first moment we see her she mentions how "you can order some pleasure models")
>the girlfriend who is a spy and betrays his trust ultimately leading to her own destruction
>the prostitute who hides her true identity
>the virgin bubblegirl who birthed the memories yet is ignorant of her own identity

every woman is virtually irredeemable and shows you the true fall of the blade runner world, the death of femininity, motherhood and woman itself. women in mythology are supposed to restore the hero, to heal him or to nurture him during some sickness, they are the spirtual protector, but so often in tragedies they fail their role in some critical component (oedipus, achilles, macbeth) and therein lies humanities doom.

it's a clever and accurate identification of the problem of 21st century, in their lust for masculine power women have abandoned their children, their protectorate role, their feminine qualities of forgiveness, softness, and self-sacrifice and probably doomed us all.

>

oh i almost forgot the 7th woman, the old burned out hippy communist revolutionista with a gaping face vagina, desperate to find meaning in her life, childless, having adopted and brainwashed other people's progeny, she is going to destroy the world that made her.

Paradise Lost consequently

>everything you want to hear

does she really loved him, or was just programmed to be that way??

the difference being?

the difference being one a job and the others mental sickness

thanks for clarifying so succinctly.

relationship was nothing special, she would be same with any ugly fucker who bought her

>these fucking brainlets

>the "threesome" scene was actually a foursome, with the secretary joining in (voyeuristically), if you freeze some of the frames you can see they superimposed her face also to hint at it.
I'll need confirmation on this one.

>she was a mindless program.
>this anti-women nonsense

No you fucking idiots. I thought Veeky Forums was suppose to be smart? The point of JOI isn't that she is evil or "just a program" but that a fake human--a machine made to be a simulation of a companion--becomes a legitimate lover for K. Was she designed to be that? Of course. The question is not "how can she be 'real' if she's just programed to be the way she is?", the question is "how can any of us be 'real' if we are born with genetic predispositions and habituated by our environment?" This completely shifts the focus of the Blade Runner narrative. The original was about what differentiated humans and machines. 2049 was about how machines--and through them, answer the question for humans as well--can have meaningful relationships when those relationships are products of inhuman systems beyond our control or comprehension.

When K peers into the black eyes of the advertisement JOI, and she calls him Joe, he realizes that nothing was actually missing from his relationship with JOI. Paradoxically, the JOI models' programming/predisposition to use the name "Joe" for all males only underlines the similarity of herself with the rest of us.

Was she a mindless program? This question no longer matters, at least not in the way you think it does. Her immediacy to K, his experiences with her, prove to him that she was not. And that he is not, even though he wasn't the chosen one and he wasn't human. That is why he rescues Deckard; he frees himself from the pointless wondering over what is real and fake. He rescues Deckard because its right, not because its "human".

haven't seen the movie, don't agree with some of your conclusions, but this is very interesting all the same

you're not going to get it because it's waifuist headcanon based on nothing

You get it right