And his dick is scabby

i am a cuck
i like to fuck
please be my buck

If it doesnt rhymey whymey
its too hard for me limey
I am a babby who always needs sparkles and fun
and sunshine and twinkly toys at the end of every run
dr seuss is the greatest poet of all time (I will give you dante) and shakespeare sucks
endless fun in the sun with rhymes; I am a cuck who fucks ducks with lucks and bucks in trucks with muck and succ's the knucks of the crux of tux wearing butts cuz im deluxe

I dance in the street like a right faggy queer
and I float threw the air like im a rain dear
oh funny hunny bunny if it dont rhyme I do mind
you may as well be choking on a rind in a bind with that pukeish kind of unraveled babble always ought be crossed out, never deserveth to be underlined

And what I like is best, because I am a little boy who loves his toys
And, a little boy who loves his boys

It gives me such delight, when at night I am in a fright and can hear the pleasant twinkles as if my mothers hands were massaging my thighs
its something about the predictable rhythems, the hypnotic thingums

that make my heart beat steady, and drift me to sleep when im ready

I am op and I am a fag
now be a good lad and stick your prickly dick in my booty bag

when im on the poop pot making my plops
my favorite poetry to indulge in is the fine art of hip hop

I make a little beat with my feet
and tap my peeny meat against the seat
and before I know it I have made a sublime treat of a glorious feat relinquishing the evil beast from within me, with splatters that greet

something about the african rhythems deep in my dark soul
reckon me back to the times of old
dancing naked around the fire to a steady groove
and 1 2 1 2 1 2 sucking on my mummies boobs

Cucks don't fuck
And they have a bull
A stag or a buck
Is the cuck.

weak as fuck

I get what you're saying
but if it's just free verse
and goes without restrictions
such as meter or rhyme
why not just write it as prose?

And don't say "meter without rhyme" is best
because that's just a game of "where do I place my line breaks"

idk, formatting, presentation, accessibly, highlighting the importance and ought be savoured every line
to take pause
and do neat tricks like this *pow*
and not necessarily need to worry about periods or comas;
and not necessarily telling a narrative story of characters and plot and paragraph
but could just be a piece of paper posted to the pole
in the park
look at song lyrics that dont rhyme
why arent they written in paragraph form, easier to recite?
not a big deal either way but maybe that last bit is a decent portion of the clue, either way fuck off and forget about, this is entirely unimportant, there is a natural compulsion for the poet to write their poetry not in paragraph form (I guess you mean like whitman),, idk, presentation? wahhh wahh

Op, I take it back you are right, this is the best poem I have ever written, from now on I will only use rhymes

I wont say 'meter without rhyme' is best, because I dont care about ranking forms, only the quality of whatever forms matter (judged by brilliant unbiased people of history, and myself), but I will ask you, what is wrong with meter without rhyme? And I will not take 'game of where do I place line breaks' as an answer (from a non retard at least) because meter dictates where line breaks would be dimwitted bafloon

also line breaks have to do with rhythm and form, maybe its an artifact of the method/form/function of the composition of the poem, that the Muse speaks to the poet in such bursts of lines, and that they need to fiddle around and figure out where the next one goes, with rhythem, so one line at a time, here, then there, then fidget with this word and that to get it right, and then on to the next line, instead of using periods and commas to try to get that rhythem

sghkdgs lksjdkgjdksjgks kgjkjgk ljg

hmm, what am I gonna write next, that is a nice worthy idea and line, come on inspiration where are you, what can I add to it...

hmmm...
ok how about

sldhgs jskgjskg gjgjggj l;skgs jggkjg

ok yes... that is two good lines, that flow and fit together nicely, now I need another... or maybe a few will pour out at once.

but not like: and then she went to the store. it was a cold morning. The clouds were in the sky like ballons. She looked at the building, she looked at her watch.

This is unironically really good though
I don't know what this settles about rhyming though

rhymeless poetry has always been shit, its only praised by pretentious adult teen faggots who want to be edgy and "interesting"

Rhyming is a crutch, its harder to make a good poem with sublime rhythem and flow without using training wheels

This is my favorite poem, it doesnt rhyme, what do you think?

poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/32568/hymn-to-life

>This is my favorite poem
meant to say *one of* my favorite poems

only thinking writing or reading poetry in rhymes is putting your mind in a strait jacket

It's great
My point isn't that poetry can't be great without rhyme, just that people who infantilize the use of rhyme are just as obnoxious as those who devalue meter, theme, etc.
No one element of poetry is preeminent over the others, more mature, or particularly harder to pull off (*in my experience). Whether it's recitation, meter, stress, rhyme, vocabulary, theme, narrative, description, etc. These are all important and prioritized differently from poet to poet. It's the arrangement and harmony among the instruments that matter, not the instrument choice.

The "rhymey whymey limey" post and OP's post are both silly.

I'm very inexperienced with poetry, so I don't tgibk I really get it.
The desceiption of sensations is interesting, though

*description

>so I don't tgibk I really get it.
what is there to get or not get, do you know how to read at all?

>implying Veeky Forums actually reads

>implying Veeky Forums is one person
>implying you are or are not projecting

So I guess Milton, Shakespeare and basically every European poet before the troubadours? I know Veeky Forums isn't a place for literary critics with the most refined tastes in existence but you can still try not to be a complete idiot.

Books on metrics of major free verse poets exist, you could start there and not make a retard out of yourself on a nepalese yarn spinning quora.

>metrics

youtube.com/watch?v=JAO3QTU4PzY
>poetry with and without rhymes
>winrar

>poetry without alliteration
why even bother at that point

Fucking retarded spotted. They always have to yell the loudest

>poetry with alitteration but not aðalhending or skothending

>implying anyone has time to write in full skaldic verse all the time
Egill pls
simple alliterative fornyrðislag is plenty

we have no standards left

post some fragments of your nations poetry in english plz desu senpai sir

>Thus spake my mother
>That for me should they buy
>A barque and beauteous oars
>To go forth with vikings.
>Stand in the stern,
>Steer a dear vessel,
>Hold course for a haven,
>Hew down many foemen.
-Egill Skallagrímsson, 10th century?

>Cattle die,
>kindred die,
>we ourselves also die;
>but the fair fame
>never dies
>of him who has earned it.

>Cattle die,
>kindred die,
>we ourselves also die;
>but I know one thing
>that never dies, -
>judgement on each one dead.
-Hávamál, 'Sayings of the High One', Poetic Edda, 10th century?

>Hard is it in the world,
>great whoredom,
>an axe age, a sword age,
>shields will be cloven,
>a wind age, a wolf age,
>before the world sinks.
-Völuspá, 'Prophecy of the Seeress', Poetic Edda, 10th century?
this was famously used by Tolkien in the last LotR book

first one is very complex skaldic poetry which features inline half-rhymes (skothending) and alliteration but the rest are simpler Eddic poetry (fornyrðislag and ljóðaháttr) which only features alliteration
the translations don't preserve it very well since poetry is notoriously hard to translate

thank you youre the best!

Rhyme is another restriction put on the poet that they must creatively work with, and in so doing they further show their prowess. It can be done well or poorly, like any other aspect of poetry.

I'll one up you. This is poetry
poetryfoundation.org/poems/50721/the-vine

I feel like it's meter, not rhyme, that makes a poem. The great epics don't rhyme, after all.

Why not both?

I havent read yet, but will be extremely surprised if it even comes near approaching half as good as the poem I linked, which is one of the best pieces of writing I have ever read

divine comedy rhymes in italian dont it

Well rhyming in english is just boring desu. There is such a low number of full rhymes in the language that most of the rhymes are well known and sound unoriginal. You can't do a whole lot of mew things by rhyming in english.

very nice, the poetry equivalent of a middle schooler drawing a penis on the bathroom stall

Except it isn't at all. It is a fun little poem, for sure, but it certainly isn't middleschool tier. What do you think about this one by Marvell?
poetryfoundation.org/poems/44688/to-his-coy-mistress

Yes it rhymes through the whole thing, do translations not rhyme?

Rhyme (and alliteration, consonance, assonance, dissonance, and meter) aren't what makes or breaks poetry: Being good is what makes poetry good. You don't need the other stuff to make poetry good.

The problem is that people hear
>You don't need the other stuff to make poetry good
and think that means they can just jump in and start making shitty prose with random linebreaks thrown in because that's what poetry is "really about" (See: Rupi Kaur).

Fuck
You
Ass
Hole

Wrong. Rhyme is only interesting in synthetic languages like English.

When I was sixteen, I used to write poems with internal multisyllabic rhymes only.

>Except it isn't at all. It is a fun little poem, for sure, but it certainly isn't middleschool tier.
I posted what I think is one of the best poems I have ever read: and you said you will one up me, by posting a short poem about a sex dream and penis metaphors, so my description stands in my glorious opinion

I'm confused when people point this out as if they're just criticizing modern free verse (which may indeed tend to suck), but in this they ignore Paradise Lost, one of the greatest English-language works of all times, Homer, most of Shakespeare's blank verse, and a lot of the English romantics who wrote poems in blank verse.

just my luck

post example pls

Little Anglo Brain:
>poetry should rhyme and alternate between stressed and unstressed syllables
Big Nippon Brain:
>dude just alternate between 5 and 7 syllable lines lmao

its called bait, user

>syllable

>Rhyme is only interesting in synthetic languages like English.
that's not true
first of all English is a mostly analytic language
more synthetic languages are languages like Latin, Icelandic, Russian, etc. which have many forms of each word
more synthetic languages with more consistent word endings employ rhyme all the time but unlike in English rhyme alone is usually not the only defining characteristic of various meters
then there are very analytic languages like Chinese which have very simple syllable structures and very limited number of possible syllables and in those languages rhyme is often seen as cheap or too easy

He's probably talking about rap. That's the whole point of rap, is over-use (whether you infer it to be positive or negative, I like it myself) of multi-syllabic rhyming patterns.

Inspect my presence and emphasis, I'm like the President's
Consent to decimating nations detonating weapon heads
A message best addressed with discretion while I stretch my wits
Against these system-bred restrictions that constrict intelligence
Brain stem enslaved penning paper elegant
Testing fire dialect to violate your relevance into irrelevance
I ain't benevolent, I make elephant
Man imitations debilitating lames for the hell of it

If you can pick out all the syllabic rhymes in there and there's a lot, but reading it is different because the manner of pronounciation also bends a lot of words that don't appear as hard rhymes onto paper into sounding as rhymes when spoken. But that's also why the focus om the rhyming is syllabic: it's like rhyming "chest" with "mess": it's not a "proper" rhyme on paper but the syllabic sound of the vowel is shared and when it's actually spoken in verse it would sound more appropriate.

P-pls don't make fun of my raps

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Uhhh, applesauce doesn't need floss

Yours was boring. Sorry

this is a single line poem

This

What did you think about the second poem I linked?

>He's probably talking about rap. That's the whole point of rap, is over-use (whether you infer it to be positive or negative, I like it myself) of multi-syllabic rhyming patterns.

There are so, so, so many different styles, flows, metrical standards, and internal rhyme standards for rap, though
youtube.com/watch?v=izgsppAKtjE&t=128s

Also the slanted rhymes you're talking about come in different forms like "consonance" "assonance" and "alliteration."

I laughed unreasonably hard at this

>Yours was boring. Sorry
Well now I know your opinion is worthless. Not sorry

I saw someone posted a screenshot of it in another rhyme thread. It was was simple, basic, boring, good for what it is, but nothing life altering or groundshaking, dont really feel the need to ever read it again, maybe I will glance at it again someday, but that will likely be the last

>because that's just a game of "where do I place my line breaks"
My favorites are poems that select a word as the basis for the presentation of a concept that have an underlying connotation that goes generally unnoticed. The single word can introduce more substance than the rest of the text combined. Generally the word in question draws attention to itself because, though its denotation is explicitly appropriate, the word is not commonly used in that context.

>rhymeless poetry has always been shit, its only praised by pretentious adult teen faggots who want to be edgy and "interesting"
He posted weak bait on my favorite board
Where o'er rhyming and meter we tried to explore
But the bait had no venom
I am sorry to say
It was weak as fuck
And its poster is gay

>the translations don't preserve it very well since poetry is notoriously hard to translate
I surrender that much was probably lost but much was rendered. TY user.

any example/s?

>any example/s?
What does the word "outlandish" mean to you?

a bunch of squiggly lines wiggling all out around a circle, and a normal person with a hint of modestly dressed clowness dancing around rapidly and occasionally coming close and putting hands to checks and making smiling and smirking faces and opening mouth taunting and being silly

Excellent. You followed the spirit of the request. Now let's look at the construction of the word.
>outlandish
>out land
>not from here
The word originally was meant to denote the actions of foreigners. The actions being noted were strange to the people using the term. Eventually the connotation of absurdity became the denotation. Using this word in the appropriate context with some leading points of grammar or other word usage can direct the reader to infer that the reason something is of a certain state is because it is foreign. Incidentally, "Auslander - outlander" is still the preferred word auf Deutsch for "foreigner" though it has fallen into disuse in English.

cool, very nice, thanks for that and i see what you mean, how powerful a single word can be, to touch the imagination of a reader

>"""""Poetry""""" without metre

Mah nigga

That's dope

I love it when people in threads have a REAL conversation

Now you know the true power of unrestrained stupidity, user