What's a good philosophy to live by if I feel on the verge of going insane? Nothing too edgy pls

What's a good philosophy to live by if I feel on the verge of going insane? Nothing too edgy pls.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/Siege_836/siege#page/n11/mode/2up
youtube.com/watch?v=QaH-GyuIDAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cynicism

Why do you feel that?

Christianity

Sane-ism. It's a philosophical system I just made up that values calmness and rationality but without being too edgy.

Any time I realize I'm losing it and that I need to get my shit together I read Thus Spoke Zarathustra. Hope it helps.

bouncing between kierkegaardianism and absurdism
>to leap of faith or not to leap of faith

Disillusionment with the world
Disillusionment with myself
Loneliness
What's this?
Not really a fan thanks
What are the concepts?

Have you heard of a little book called SIEGE? It's a collection of James Mason's writings:

archive.org/stream/Siege_836/siege#page/n11/mode/2up

>What are the concepts?
What do you mean?

William Blake really resonates with me, and I think anyone interested in art as religion and philosophy. He's our Holderlin

I'll look into it.
What's it about?

>What's this?
Sysyphus.
Camus uses it to describe why things are meaningless but you won't go insane because the effort of your life itself feels worthy.

he wants you to spoonfeed him the book instead of reading it

what a shit thread

>What's it about?
Can't you just fucking Google it? Life reafirmation would be the overall theme
Just read it desu, get an annotated edition

Okay fair enough. Thanks m8.

>he wants you to spoonfeed him the book instead of reading it
Not really. I just wanted to know what the theme was.

Oy gevalt heresy

> living by philosophy

gl hf

>im just gonna pick a philosophy to live by just like my clothes

you little fucking fraud

>im just gonna pick a philosophy to live by just like my clothes
What a dumb strawman.

Well he is on the verge of going mad

Unironically The Foundation for Exploration

There is no end to the goon plague

This.

Wrong.

Christianity or suicide.

Have you read Zhuangzi?
His book must make your mind spacious.

buddhism

Real Christianity.
Read the Philokalia.
youtube.com/watch?v=QaH-GyuIDAg

lol

>Astronomically low self-esteem, like have even pictured being with literal crack-whores and still thought, "Well I mean, even they have SOME of their life together. A bit too good for me."
>Cynical
>Naive
>Ashamed of my dick that I'm pretty sure is average or above beneath the mound of fat that is my crotch.
>Super apathetic.
>Attention-hungry from lacking much as a kid.
>Self-aware, but still finding out little things about myself every day.

Recommend, please. Thanks.

Catholocism

You are assigned to read St. Augustine and St. Aquinas.

Stoicism, starting with Marcus Aurelius's Meditations, then moving into Epictetus and Seneca.

Suicide. You're welcome.

Finally. Thanks for helping set me free.

Read some Camus or Kierkegaard.
Life can feel depressingly devoid of point or purpose, alas it is up to you to define your own purpose towards which to strive

Don't over-complicate things. Just focus on the immediate, and ask yourself what would be a good and healthy thing to do for yourself at that time. You have bills to pay, go to work; you want more money, start making a budget; you want to learn something, read a book; you want to get stronger, make a workout regimen.

In a word: Pragmatism. Minor variables aside, you are the captain of your fate, and that means your improvement has to come from you and your actions.

What kind of insane?

This sounds like too much pressure for a almost insane person.

What I did during the later part of my mania was go outside find people to hang out with, got a job with low stress and found something I could work towards.

Hydeianism

not giving a fuck about things that don't affect you directly, taking care of your body, doesn't need a name to work

Hedonism- time to startup the rape van OP.

Take the absurdism pill and leave Veeky Forums for good.

>not giving a fuck about things that don't affect you directly
how do i force myself to stop thinking about some things. whenever i go to sleep i start having existential thoughts even though i don't want it. it just pops to me and i can't stop thinking about it. and i always have nightmares and panic attacks now and wake up after 2-3 hours of sleep. always wake up breathing heavily and with a fast heart rate

You're a just a person with metaphysical questions. Don't consider yourself a nut because of it, just take it easy and keep searching until you find what it feels truth. The majority of humans hate philosophy because its scary, but for some people it's a powerful need they can't avoid.

when i first stopped giving a fuck i jsut caught myself thinking about whatever and asked myself if i cared, or why i cared- if i decided i didn't i just said 'i don't give a fuck' and that was that, i began with small things, but with some rationale and pragmatism i extended it
panic attacks are another level, usual about things you should care about- like my life failing on several levels, but you're not in competition with anyone, just another swinging dick trying to survive, so do just that until you can start thinking about prospering or doing something more grand than taking care of yourself (and/or those around ylou)
also, just an afterthought, sometimes the more you think about an issue the worse it gets, and other things aren't solved by any amount of thinking

Please describe what led you close to "insanity". It sounds like maybe you've thought more than you've lived - or rather that you're simply hungry or horny.

Sophia perennis

Starting philosophy by "picking a philsophy to live by" is a mistake. It's something that you need to study to understand all the major arguments, and in this process you will see which ones make the most sense to you. Don't start from a conclusion and then look for evidence.

Not going to answer your question but...

There is a mathematical theorem called "Gördel's incompleteness theorem" it implies you cannot build a set of consistent axioms

>Implying that you can live by a philosophy

You brainlet,
Philosophy isn't something that can or should be implemented in the real world, when you do it becomes sophism, and it all goes to shit.
(Many examples in the XXth century)

Keep it simple. If you're freaking out about fundamental shit like the concept of being alive itself you don't want to add fuel to the fire by reading a bunch of in depth tracts on mystical / metaphysical subject matter, that's how schizophrenics are made. Read stuff like that when you're mentally stable. Until then, keep it simple, take care of your responsibilities, eat a good diet, get a sensible amount of sleep on a regular basis, show up to work, etc. If you find yourself having a panic attack, remind yourself that it's a panic attack instead of searching for other more elaborate explanations like you're going crazy or having a stroke or whatever. Keep things in perspective and take care of yourself.

Buddhism

Pay attention to that feeling you have of failing at life, think about where you got that from.

It's from people around you, your society.

It's a false feeling of self which you've been taught by your culture.

Once you learn how to disidentify from false images of self like this, because we have many, you can be free from it.

Meditation can help, if you know the point of it and how to do it properly

How's your freshman year?

>Disillusionment with the world
>Disillusionment with myself
>Loneliness

>But not a fan of christianity
nigger. Christianity was designed for fags like you

Embrace the insanity and read stuff like Capitalism and Schizophrenia, Fanged Noumena, and the Exegesis of Philip K Dick. Then start calling yourself a schizoanalyst and walk around your town yelling to strangers about entropy and desiring-machines.

Read some Chesterton. Doesn't matter what. It'll help.

>Disillusionment with the world
>Disillusionment with myself
>Loneliness
Dostoevsky is great for these problems. I suggest reading Notes from Underground, The Brothers Karamazov, and Demons.

Suffering has meaning as long as it is in the assistance of your growth as a human being.

Schizoanalysis is correct so w/e

Hinduism. Come home, OP.

good post :)

>the point of it
To consciously notice the constant flow of changes in ourselves?

This desu

>Read some Camus

I don't know, when I read the Stranger I became more depressed.

Schopenhauer
Pessoa
Cioran
Leopardi
Benn
Ligotti

stoicism

B.E. yourself

user, just go hard core nationalist and build a nation

Grow some testes.

Stoicm + Nietzsche = invinsible sick cunt

No, the point is cultivation of non attachment.

These false senses of self only bother us because we are attached to them, identified with them. They don't really exist, they are just imagination. Life hypnotises us, in a sense, into thinking we are these self-images in our heads which we have aquired from life. But actually none of that is real.

Absurdism for sure. Realize life is inherently meaningless, decide to give it meaning, laugh when necessary at the indifferent and often shitty aspects of life, appreciate the ability to laugh at those things, understand nothing makes sense, so don't take it too seriously. Don't kill yourself, because its a logical solution to an illogical problem. You might verge into nihilism, but so long as its kept proactive and not negative, you should do good. Saved my damn ass for sure.

Accepting your subjective experience as the totality of reality. Then going insane in a controlled setting, until you realize what you can and cannot control.

Read Camus

Sounds cozy

No one suggested this guy? No memeing, read anything by this guy except Beyond Good and Evil or Will to Power.

david benatar's better never to have been
life is a piece of shit so just do whatever and don't feel like a failure if u want the end

This is the one true answer

Das rite

Here's my top 10 :
1: fake it till you make it
2: keep going or die
3: FFFFFFFFFFUCKK now I'm an alcoholic, so fucking whatever. I want to die. Get some medication. You're fucked OP. Insanity is a goblin that's already drilled a hole in your fucking skull, just waiting to shove it's dick in there. Even if you shake the fucking thing off, you still have a fuck hole drilled into your head.
4: Always try to be nice to people if you can
5: Remember that most of the time, people aren't interacting with you with malicious intent, even if they're being stupid fucking assholes.
6: Good things still happen everywhere
7: Panic happens, but remember most things can be fixed
8: Communication is the most important part of a relationship.
9: Forgive yourself
10: Keep your house clean, and eat healthy.

Not wrong except the part about suicide. Suicide must not be logical and the problem must not be illogical. In fact many suicides are due to affects and most problems even about existence itself can and will be rationalized.