Are there any little or unknown epic poems that you know of. something you couldn't really find on the google list

are there any little or unknown epic poems that you know of. something you couldn't really find on the google list.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1938436210/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514689572&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=h picaresque novel in verse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramuru_(epic_poem)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Escoiquiz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1938436210/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514689572&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=h picaresque novel in verse

hey this looks interesting and it seems adventurous and mystical which is why i like epics in the first place

I like this post
;)

Apart from the obvious, and assuming you want to start with the greeks/resume with the romans
Greek:
Bachtrachomyomachia
Nonnus' Dionysiaca

Latin:
Lucretius' De Rerum Natura (more philosophy than what you're used to, but still poetically an epic and v fun)
Virgil's non Aeneid epics
Lucan's Pharsalia
Statius' Thebaid and (what exists of the) Achillead
Valerius Flaccus' Argonautica
Silius Italicus' Punica

what are you talking about

i have read quite a few of these but i haven't heard of a lot of these

is this any good it kinda looks self-published amazon tier. just by the cover thou could really be great don't get me wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramuru_(epic_poem)

Inspired by Luís de Camões' The Lusiads, it is divided in ten cantos.[1] The poem tells the story of the famous Portuguese sailor Diogo Álvares Correia,[2] also known as "Caramuru" (Old Tupi for "Son of the Thunder"), who shipwrecked on the shores of present-day Bahia and had to live among the Indians. The poem also alludes to Correia's wife, Catarina Paraguaçu, as a seer, being able to foresee the Dutch invasions of Brazil.

It's not self-published. I ordered it and have read though a good half of it. It's a great read but you have to appreciate poetry. It's written in a strict rhyme scheme which is very impressive

i am a very big fan of poetry so i hope it will be very good
thank you for posting this. the lusiads and exploration poetry like that are my favorites so this sounds great. i am writing my own epic about the history of explorers and colonizers in Antarctica.

Orlando Furioso, Ariosto

i have already read this one i enjoyed it

it is hard to find orlando infatioso

>The True-Born Englishman: A Satyr
>Too Loud a Solitude
>Strait is the Gate
>Memoirs of Martinus Scriblerus
>Sappho
>Marlowe
>Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl, and Sir Orfeo
>The Street of Crocodiles
>Novels in Three Lines
>Last Words from Montmartre
>A Man from Elsewhere
>The Peregrine

a lot of these aren't epic poems but i am still going to write them all down

Post Homerica

I missed the "epic" part of OP
lets blame speed-reading Veeky Forums posts

You could try: Lament For UR

I liked Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, although not an epic

what do you mean?a lot of those aren't poems either

IT'S 8AM
I'VE BEEN UP
ALL DAY
ALL NIGHT
I THOUGHT OP ASKED FOR
BRETTY GUD
BUT LESSER KNOWN
SHORT-STORIES

The Poems of Ossian
The Anathemata by David Jones

i like david jones and have read in parentheses is ossian any good also is the Anathemata as good as the parentheses

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Escoiquiz
>In 1798 he published a long and worthless so-called epic on the conquest of Mexico.

this and the columbiad