So, how do you sort your books?

So, how do you sort your books?

Chronologically. Easiest way to find them and keep them sorted temporally in my mind.

But I have an extra shelf for language learning books which I organize by height.

>organizing books by height
inter-interdimensional brain t b h

Kind of surprised it wasn't listed actually.

By region/language and then chronologically.

Roughly, genre then author then alphabetically. I also have a separate small shelf set aside for my personal favorites, which are simply put on at random.

I organize my books by size

Mine are mostly by colour but then there's a separate shelf for overtly big and small books

By title alphabetically? Or by author's last name?

genre/region/chronology

authors first name

I group by subject. American, Russian, hobbies, academics, philosophy, theology, etc.

In the most optimal way by the dimensions of the books. I used an LP to solve this.

By nationality and then by author. But I organize philosophy based on chronology.

I have five shelves.
1. Favourite books. High nines to tens
2. Good books. Stuff I'd like to keep and general 7+'s
3. Yet to read
4. Yet to read vol.2
5. Sequels to books I haven't read/don't have

They're organized by shelf from tallest on the right to smallest on the left.

I don't organize my books, so that when people come by and they see my books they can't just glance and take it all in at once -they have to look at my shelves close and see what books I have and what authors are in it.

they're sorted by wherever they happen to have been placed on the shelf last
sorting is for dweebs

That makes no sense

Alphabetical because i have a lot and that makes them easier to find. Also i have a shelf for loose books im currently reading

the technique i've been using for a few years now is this:

I jerk off onto the cover of each book after I finish it and then let the cum dry. The cum always leaves a discoloured pattern and I treat these like Rorschach tests, sorting them according to what I interpret the patterns as and putting them into their appropriately associated categories.

For instance, I came on my copy of Moby Dick and the pattern looked like a woman putting on lipstick, so I sorted it along with an Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology book that I have since the cum discolouration on that one looks like a dress and also with my copy of The Wasteland and Other Poems since the stain on that one looks like a stiletto. so woman > dress > stiletto etc

It's actually worked very well because I've found I easily remember what each section of my book case is due to the vivid topics each one is associated with and where each book is because after I cum on them and interpret the pattern I never forget what it was.

For instance, even though I haven't read it in years I remember that the cum pattern on my Journey To the End of the Night was a river and so I have it sorted with all the other books whose cumstains fall under "Landscapes"

roughly the order in which I got them.

by size

Speaking of this, why is there no standard book size? Books can vary by fractions of an inch even if they are printed by the same publisher. I like it because I get a nice curve, but it never made sense to me.

Because the world ain't run by commies, hoss.

tiny brain: posting memes done in incorrect format with text
medium brain: posting memes in proper format with images
big brain: not posting normie memes
transdimentional brain: leaving this board

I don't. I can remember where each book is, if I don't, it's not a book I care about anyway.

By cover colour

I don't organize them at all

me neither, and when I read them, I read one random letter of one random word of one random page of one random book, and then move on to another letter selected totally at random

>im so disorganized and free spirited lulz

imagine being this angry

I don't even have a shelf, I just put them in plastic containers, they're arranged to maximize the available volume.

I'm not even surprised