What's your job Veeky Forums? Does it leave you with enough time and energy to read and maybe write?

What's your job Veeky Forums? Does it leave you with enough time and energy to read and maybe write?

Other urls found in this thread:

pretivm.com/home/default.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Home from university. Not going back. Living in my parents backroom. Read all day in bed. Currently slaying the Jest. Too depressed to write anything atm. Fading slow and laughing while I go.

Why aren't you going back?

My current job allows me to read seven hours a day on the clock. I don’t think I can go back to normal work after this. It is the only truly productive lifestyle. I’m going to be a security guard or hotel concierges until the die I die but I’ll have the equivalent knowledge of 3 PhDs by the age of 55. I only read philosophy and religious texts.

Failed two classes, too dumb. Too expensive for my poorfag family. They were trying to give me "the college experience." It's not that important to me. Going to finish at local uni instead.

That sounds much better than the suicidal implications of "fading slow and laughing while I go".
Do you really intend on finishing your degree, or do you just say that?

That's pretty sad. What happened, you were homesick and stayed in your dorm all day and bitterly shitposted on /pol/ about how all women are whores instead of going out and having fun?

I'm a security guard at a retirement community. It's great, as cushy as it gets. I get to read and write throughout my entire shift.

I'm a post doc. I read and write papers but don't have much time these days with reading because of family obligations.

Err... I... I do lawnmowing and... err... garden maintainence.... OH and I also do hedging!

Please don't hate me for doing manual labour and not having a Veeky Forums profession yet :'c

Farm Manager here, work is usually from 5a-2p. I have a couple hours to read but haven't really started writing yet.

How would you rate your work? Being close to earth sounds good, but is it hard?

Welder/laborer in a factory.
I read when I get home and have about an hour or two for reading after dinner, assuming I don't have any other plans that day. I read heavily on the weekends and holidays.

Datacuck. Niet!

I tutor kids in math
tbqh children honestly say some weird shit that I write down sometimes, also I would write more but I feel worn out after dealing with kids all day

tbqh you should probably fuck off

why

I work as a male prostitute and regularly let men fuck me hard up the ass. I usually read while they do this so it works out.

Read/write/do things you want to do BEFORE work. Don't give all your creative energy to a corporation that has no respect for you.

I’m in law school and work for a solo practitioner part time. I read a lot, but it’s all law stuff. I don’t have much time for reading what I want to.

easier said than done

Not really, unless you have children or work more than 12 hours per day.

Medical student. I hardly have time to read anything that's not related to school. I used to write more regularly but that's gone as well.

You should be showing your johns a little more enthusiasm if you want return customers. Jus' sayin'.

Lmao law is so lame

I'm a homeless person.

No, not really. I am going to read some more Deleuze today though.

part time security in a government housing for drug addicts and schizos.
>reading
No time for such, only at night, It's always a tense atmosphere and I hate junkies.

incredibly intensive technical program, I don't really write much other than notes on some books I read as for reading I am trying to read about 60 pages a day right now before I go back because I will only have time for the first month or so and even then not much. The summer will be bliss though.

Cozy job at a big bank. I do most of my reading at work actually.

I'm a STEM student. While coursing the semester I barely read one short literature book per month . The time that I mostly use to read are my summer and winter holidays.

>being that aggressive

you should write about what goes on, I'm interested

I work at a non-profit. I never get to read anymore...

I'm a construction worker rarely have to bring work home so I get a lot of time

Bookseller since I was 15, mid thirties now. Would've lost the store or had to sell my private collection multiple times now if not for my spouses income. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone even though I love my job.

Post writing

Retired business owner.
>reading
Yes, but I don't.
>writing
Is for starving artists.

i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣ a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋ a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍ t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍c͔ͣͦ́́͂ͅh͚̖̜̍̃͐e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆ o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊f̳͉̼͉̙͔͈̂̉ e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊g͎͚̥͎͔͕̿l͕͖͉̭̰ͬ̍ͤ͆̊ͨi̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣs̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚h͚̖̜̍̃͐ l͕͖͉̭̰ͬ̍ͤ͆̊ͨi̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣt̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊u̟͎͕̼̳͉ͮͫͭ̋ͭ͛ͣ̈r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑. i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣt̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣs̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚ g͎͚̥͎͔͕̿o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅ b͎̣̫͈̥̗͒͌̃͑̔̾ͅu̟͎͕̼̳͉ͮͫͭ̋ͭ͛ͣ̈t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊ i̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣ n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅ m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑ m̘͈̺̪͓ͩ͂̾ͪ̀̋o͎̜̓̇ͫ̉͊ͨ͊n͉̠̙͉̗̺̋̋̔ͧ̊e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑y͉̝͖̻̯ͮ̒̂ͮ͋ͫͨ.

i'm an admin drone
it pays well enough and leaves me with enough time outside work to read and write but i do little of the former and none of the latter and just get drunk and go on Veeky Forums instead

Detective

Sometimes. It's easier because I don't have a SO, children, or pets to take care of. The job is very, very nonlinear in that I'm often called in on a holiday or in the middle of the night.

Manual labor is where its mang. I do deliveries for a cabinent company and its solid. Lots of driving time, minimal effort (compared to other physical jobs) amd am allowed to read when theres down time.

how much rape

Enough that it sticks with you

20% or so is a lie, sadly.

Data Analyst in tech

My hours are pretty flexible, but it still amounts to ~40/week, so I don't have as much time as I'd like.

Typical day involves: reading during my commute, at lunch if I can, and at least 30 mins before bed.

Pretty much this, except in insurance, where no one actually wants technological things to get done.

I read on the commute, and on my phone all the time. Sometimes I'll open a .txt in vi when I want to look busy. If I get the urge to write, that's how I do it too.

I'm a reporter, so I get plenty of writing practice. I try to read for an hour each night.

Grocery store produce department. It's pretty fire. Great pay and 37 hour "full time" weeks means one short day every five. Got lots of free time, 6-7 hours every day after work. Plenty of time to read, and no social inclinations since customer service is naturally a very social environment.

why are there so many people here that don't read or write? Do you come here to shit post about philosophy?

Seems to me that you're complaining that people are reading.

This, desu

>unemployed
>job hunting takes up more time than working did

Been there user. Keep your head up, something will pop up sooner or later. Don't forget to not be scared of linkedin and networking in general.

Work part time as a security officer, but unlike most security officers in this thread, I don't get free time to read and write even on nightshifts. I'm looking to be a journalist which is considerably more Veeky Forums, but freelancing ain't easy.

I'll probably just end up crawling back to fast food because everything else requires a degree

If you are prepared to do hard work you can come live way up North. Living is cheap and typically they pay you well

To be clear I mean Alaska or the territories of Canada

I would rather use my intellect than my soft shitty body

I might just be saying that. Time will tell.

Swap /pol/ with Veeky Forums and that stuff about women with just general shitposting, yeah... That was me.

Engineering intern here. Work is done at 5 so yeah I’ve got some time for reading and writing.

You sound just like me. I've already put in applications for full time jobs and I'll go to the local college in the fall.

NEET

ah I'm sure the scientists down at McDonalds will really get your neurons firing, good luck

Senior in college, but I’ll be a mechanical engineer at an oil and gas company after I graduate. Just reading 30 minutes on the weekdays would be enough, which I should definitely be able to do.

Sounds interesting. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so I'm used to the cold. What kind of work do you mean?

Camp work, we have lots of remote mines, they employ drivers, cooks, as well as drillers and drillers helpers. The railway here is picking up too, not sure how long that will last with America's corporate tax rate going down though. If our government would stop fucking around we could have LNG plants too.

forgot the "etc." the camps are basically like small towns they need cleaning crew and all sorts of shit.

Is that what you do? Where would I apply for that?

I just think of it as getting paid to go to the gym... senpai

I drive around in a ute all day with 2 work mates 1 of whom loves anime and the other is my day.

we have a list of jobs we need to do in a day and when we finish them we can either help the boss and the other team if they are lagging behind or just hang out at a convenience store eating sausage rolls

I work at a museum and I can usually get in an hour a day to read.

I have to get up at 5.30 am just to be ready for work desu

I'm a net admin at a building that's open 24/7
I can only really read or write when I have night/weekend shifts, otherwise it's too busy, and I'm too tired

Why do you think i quit working in kitchens senpai

i'm a thirty year old neet

despite that, i hardly do any reading or writing because i'm dumb and would much rather play video games

I go to school in the south but it's basically the main industry in my hometown along with forestry. This is the best company I know of: pretivm.com/home/default.aspx I'm sure you could find others via Kijiji or something too. A warning: it gets fucking cold.

I sell time shares, I can read between marks if I wanted to but the bullpen is too loud and it's too hot to read in the smoking area outside most of the year. I usually just read and write when I get home. It's not that hard to find time, I have 6 hours between getting home and going to bed.

Thanks I'll check it out

could also check out oil and gas companies in Alberta

I guess you didn't get fired from that little shit telling your boss you hit him then?

not everyone is a neet like yourself. this is the modern world where people need to keep jobs and only get 1-2 hours reading before sleep

I only get half an hour of reading time people are saying they literally do not read or write.

No job currently. I was studying Web Development to not go to College, but my parents wished that I do what I enjoy instead so I've swapped to learning what I enjoy. I generally stay off the internet but I figured I'd make an exception for New Years.
I'm still trying to figure things out but I do projects on my own accord in different fields so I feel justified and my parents just enjoy that I'm doing what I enjoy. From seven onward I was extremely anxious about everything. Only recently (this month) did I stop thinking about the future... mostly.

How hard is it to work part-time while going to law school? Don't they say not to do that? I'm studying for the LSAT right now.

emergency medicine resident. no I have barely enough time to even shitpost