Where is a good place to start with poetry...

Where is a good place to start with poetry? I have never touched poetry in my life aside from some compulsory stuff in school which I have long forgotten, and I have no idea what might interest me. Any recommendations or charts out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/nortonanthologyo00ferg
goodreads.com/book/show/537644.The_Norton_Anthology_of_Poetry
goodreads.com/book/show/203917.The_Norton_Anthology_of_Poetry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Where is a good place to start with poetry?

In the trash.

doki doki literature club. unironically.

Get an anthology, that way you can find what you like and go from there

I tried playing that but got sick of it after an hour.

Anthologies are for philistines, start with the Greeks.

I shouldn't take more than an hour

I have never touched poetry in my life aside from some compulsory stuff in school which I have long forgotten, and I have no idea what might interest me

OP is a philistine

archive.org/details/nortonanthologyo00ferg

>archive.org/details/nortonanthologyo00ferg
>The anthology offers more poetry by women (40 new poets), with special attention to early women poets. The book also includes a greater diversity of American poetry, with double the number of poems by African American, Hispanic, native American and Asian American poets

How about something a little bit more white and male?

>start with translated poetry

Dude

the writing is better than i though it'd be, Monika's third(?) is legitmately p good, and so is Sayori's first.

Plath is a good start if you like free verse, Frost is probably the person i'd recommend everyone start with though.

help me out man where did you read that? lole

this is what goodreads says about the book aforementioned:

Over three editions, The Norton Anthology of Poetry has become the classroom standard for the study of poetry in English. A wide and deep quarry of poems from the medieval period to the present, it is a book instructors rely on as a uniquely flexible teaching anthology, and one that students delve into well beyond college. Now, responding to new scholarship, classroom suggestions, and the vitality and diversity of poetry itself, the Fourth Edition introduces a wealth of new poets and poems as well as thoroughly revised editorial apparatus.

Women are better at poetry, you might as well be ready for that

I got it from goodreads as well.

goodreads.com/book/show/537644.The_Norton_Anthology_of_Poetry

Shakespeare & learn french

goodreads.com/book/show/203917.The_Norton_Anthology_of_Poetry

the difference between the two is the one I was referring to is a shortened version.

currently I'm reading allan ramsay and considering reading Charles Baudelaire. hope this helps gl hf

poetry in your native language. Pick a favorite. Mine are early modernist poets, especilla around themes like loneliness, the outsider in this unfeeling modern life.