Why do Reddit litfags talk like this? I mean look at that edit. What man of age talks like this?

Why do Reddit litfags talk like this? I mean look at that edit. What man of age talks like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/books/comments/7n9oid/admit_it_which_short_books_did_you_just_skim/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/7nb23i/anyone_avoiding_reading_today/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

excellent thread user, you really increased the quality of the board

They have to talk like that to fit in or they get downvotes for not being quirky and clever

She keep begging me to hit it raw
I outlined that pussy in chalk
Hoe, my dick a deadly weapon
Damn right; I break the law

This is a terrible thread

EDIT: Thanks for the upvotes!!!

10/10 would impregnate with my seed

yeah pretty much faggots over there

how do you edit your post?

this

EDIT: nvm I found out thanks! cheers!

they're fucking trolling you.

EDIT: what the fuck is this option new or something???? it's a button down in the right corner

Good thread.

edit: why am i being downboated

Literally like a YA novel.

I'll tell you if you give me Veeky Forums pass

EDIT : Thanks kind stranger

Wow you guys are fucking idiots

Edit: Not sure why I’m being downvoted? Lol...

1 hour and still no moderation has occurred pruning this shitpost....

2018 was a mistake

>misery
i'm a king loving pleb, and misery is one of my favorites, but how in any way is is scary the way that retard is describing? there are plenty sections of tension, but never any supernatural, what's-that-noise, under-the-bed type monsters.

reddit.com/r/books/comments/7n9oid/admit_it_which_short_books_did_you_just_skim/

This is one of the reasons I don't like people who have reading goals or challenges. They treat reading like it's a chore or a competition. I don't know why they even bother.

>"Wow I love reading!!! I'll set up a reading goal to make sure I experience all these books, teehee!"
>"ughhhh these books are so stupid and I want to hit my page goal, sure I flipped through Moby Dick, therefore I read it :P!!!!"
why

lame. everybody knows you can't edit on Veeky Forums. fucking unfunny kids.

This ones even worse. The guy didn't read a book yesterday because he was close to finishing it and wanted it to count for next years goal.

>reddit.com/r/books/comments/7nb23i/anyone_avoiding_reading_today/

I have difficulty reading anything on reddit. Looking at that post just makes me feel disgusted.

And it's getting progressively worse. One day Veeky Forums will be the same. The only solution is some sort of formal elitism.

I know the reddit bashing gets old, but they do have a particularly obnoxious way of talking. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about the cornball sincerity and the lack of self-consciousness in their phraseology that makes me want to punch something. The thing that immediately comes to mind is them starting all their anecdotes with "storytime, guys" or thinking it's funny to use the phrase "sexytimes". Or mechanically posting that "at least he killed Hitler" joke for the millionth time and still getting upvoted. The last one is kind of unrelated, but it's still really annoying.

epic

>Or mechanically posting that "at least he killed Hitler" joke for the millionth time and still getting upvoted.
They manage to run memes into the ground worse than people on Veeky Forums do.

Why do they double space every sentence? Is that what kids are being taught to do in schools?

>Or mechanically posting that "at least he killed Hitler" joke for the millionth time
Let me guess, they unironically think Stalin was a better guy?

>[–]TheRingshifter 2 points 6 hours ago
I think it's acceptable because otherwise the books would count for neither year. Plus the fact that there will be books at the end of 2018 that will be counted for 2019 instead so it kind of evens itself out.

This is horrifically stupid reasoning.

Jesus

t. Adam Eget

Allow me to be the grumpy old man and posit that this is the result of 21st century narcissism. Not that previous generations weren't self-involved, but I think 2017 has taken it to a whole new level. The issue here is that overexposures to information and social media have in some ways turned a large demographic of under-30s into image obsessed, sincere cornballs as you call them. They constantly take pictures of themselves online because that's what people do now. People always wanted to, but when it wasn't possible they stuffed this desire under a facade of propriety like every mature person. They knew the shame of sharing too much. Facebook has removed all sense of "privacy" from them though so now they just do it because they want to see images, of other people, of celebrities, ideally all of them good looking. They want the stimulation. Meet your fuckmate on Tinder. Their minds might as well be open books to everyone now anyway due to facebook and government spying. You cannot hide your thoughts now, not really. Somebody knows them.

What this is means is that now everyone's image is a specific kind of product. The YouTube kind, the Instagram kind, not a boring commodity. But we all know that our individual images don't make the type of flashy, mass appealing product that celebrities do. So the solution, then, is to just vomit yourself all over other people and then make the disclaimer "haha but really I'm lame and suicidal" or something. It varies between persons, some might believe it, some might not. It doesn't matter because they unleash their selves onto other people regardless, they speak in plain language, they write blog posts without having read well, they are unabashed prostrates of scientism. Examples of famous people like this are Max Landis and Dan Harmon. Just watch one of their interviews and you will think "Good god, this guy shares too much. He wears himself on his sleeve."

This has opened the floodgates for shit like transgenderism to be acceptable. Every ego is correct, restrain nothing, just puke yourself into the world no matter how bad it is and let all revel in each others stink while pretending it is roses. We'll do this while actually being grim recipients of consumer privilege, wearing clothes threaded with the blood of third world sweatshop kids, but let's not dwell on that. The new generation is a bunch of reddit tier faggots, nothing can be done, just accept their bullshit. Every generation hates the new one but the kids get the last laugh when you die. What bothers people the most is that their hypocrisy is new and unfamiliar, while you have become so accustomed to your own generations that it no longer incenses.

t. grumpy old man

Your post reads like the one of an insufferable cunt.

>Allow me to be the grumpy old man
I'm not reading any further. Write with less pretence, please.

ok seriously how the fuck do you edit your posts

Fucking hell I thought this was a copypasta

You can't, they're joking

EDIT: fuck, I was wrong. Type this in the name bar for your next post: [post number]/EDIT-code:1488

[This post has been deleted by the author.]

>Every ego is correct, restrain nothing, just puke yourself into the world no matter how bad it is and let all revel in each others stink while pretending it is roses.

Well articulated, I like this metaphor.

Is there any books that explore this idea? The horror of this?

What?

it is now

this desu, reddit is red guard tier.

I don’t get why this retard is so proud of his post being well-received when all he’s done is ask people questions. Of course they’re going to fucking respond in droves you retard, it’s not like they’re personally congratulating you for writing such an epic thread.

literally any baby's first nihilism. there's a reason I attached an image of a man tipping his fedora, the entire point of that post was to be too honest in the same way that ledditors do, and even this very reply does the same thing. I am shitposting this while being aware that is it bad, which in turn makes it worse, and so on and on and on like those neverending .gif optical illusions. I could have used the actual word for this phenomenon, but instead I used the unnecessary .gif analogy to mimic the poorly read thoughts of Reddit People. welcome to post-irony, come on over to friends, allow yourself to become cringe incarnate

I sometime use that website as a science news aggretor since Veeky Forums is fucking shit. I know very well what you are talking, I cannot count how many times I've read meme replies about vampires when the subject is about aging therapies and involving blood, "I've read some shitty science fiction book once and let me make a two lines long scientifical, economical, sociological analysis that concludes that we are all fucked", meme cats, movie quotes, Rick and Morty quotes, "you want X that's how you get X", le sexual innuendo and so forth

I think you're post-irony is failing because it actually sounds more competent than reddit or s4s.

it isn't, that just means you have allowed yourself to be absorbed into the vortex of bad, just as planned. every reply you make kills a part of your soul.

I just want to say that I like your post.

No, judging from this post and others I think you're just incompetent at post-irony. Lurk more and you'll get it.

sorry kid you're just not up to scratch, one day you will be on my level though

>tfw I believe this but unironically
The internet was a mistake

KEK

EDIT: Holy fuck you weren't kidding, when did they implement this? Is it just for this board?

The printing press was a mistake
Everything since then has been as inevitable as a boulder rolling down a hill

Excellent post.

Based.

Samefag detected.

Oh nononononono

>Why do Reddit litfags talk like this? What man of age talks like this?

The key difference between the archetypal Veeky Forums user and the archetypal Reddit user is their reaction to their first time realizing that they are a stupid faggot.

Everyone has this realization at some point, usually as they enter their twenties. They look back on how pretentious and know-nothing they were as a teenager and they go, "Wow, that's seriously embarrassing. I am a huge faggot. There is no debating this. It's a brute fact of history. I was, at least at all these times I'm remembering right now, a gigantic horrible faggot with pretentious childish opinions."

What matters is how the person reacts in that moment. How they answer the challenge of realizing they are a faggot will decide the course of their lives: Will they be a real human being, or will they be a stupid fucking Redditor?

At that crucial juncture, they can either react defensively like a coward or they can choose to become an ascetic. If they make the coward's choice, they chase away the realization of their own faggotry by readjusting their perspective of reality to make everyone a dilettantish pretentious faggot, just like them. If everyone is a know-nothing retard with pretentious childish opinions, then nobody is, because one opinion is as good as another. Life then becomes be a free-for-all of spitballing your moron idiot ideas about prolefeed filth on Reddit, repeating warmed-over stale jokes for the social circlejerk, participating in herd behaviors like content-rating and catchphrase usage. They become cows, with no dignity or purpose except to exist in comfort. They become a Redditor.

But if they have integrity and courage, they will make the ascetic's choice. The ascetic doesn't reject his own faggotry. He accepts it, and sets out in quest of undoing it. He accepts that he was, and is still, a faggot. But he girds himself manfully and sets out to make himself better.

>The most radical division that it is possible to make of humanity is that which splits it into two classes of creatures: those who make great demands on themselves, piling up difficulties and duties; and those who demand nothing special of themselves, but for whom to live is to be every moment what they already are, without imposing on themselves any effort towards perfection, mere buoys that float on the waves.

>The characteristic of the hour is that the commonplace mind, knowing itself to be commonplace, has the assurance to proclaim the rights of the commonplace and to impose them wherever it will.

>And for that reason, the few individuals we have come across who are capable of a spontaneous and joyous effort stand out isolated, monumentalised, so to speak, in our experience. These are the select men, the nobles, the only ones who are active and not merely reactive, for whom life is a perpetual striving, an incessant course of training. Training = askesis. These are the ascetics."

There's no difference between your perception of a reddit user and an actual Veeky Forums user. Nice try, though.

>work will set you free
>brainchad’s don’t exist
>first half is laughable
>picks up speed but can’t bear to really rip them open
>last section is pure delusion
>ascetic
>aristos
gud pasta tho

Cringing at Redditors is the first step of the journey. Yours has already ended. Consider death soon.

>What bothers people the most is that their hypocrisy is new and unfamiliar, while you have become so accustomed to your own generations that it no longer incenses.
Good line.