I’ve read the following books: The Bible. What should I read next...

I’ve read the following books: The Bible. What should I read next? I want to debunk Darwinists so I think about reading The Dawkins Delusion? and Darwin on Trial. Maybe there are better ones out there? I’m also thinking of reading CS Lewis and Chesterton, and of course Augustine of Hippo. The Greeks were pagans so I’m not going to bother with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

w2.vatican.va/content/pius-xii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-xii_enc_12081950_humani-generis.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GHI45garS3g
science.sciencemag.org/content/353/6304/1147
vocaroo.com/i/s1osq1Wno3wC
academic.oup.com/aob/article/111/4/563/115607
onlinelibrary.wiley.com.ezproxy01.rhul.ac.uk/doi/10.1111/j.1365-294X.2010.04585.x/full
nap.edu/catalog/11876/science-evolution-and-creationism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Read Dawkins first, then those who critiqued him.

Also, the Greeks, especially Plato, laid the theoretical foundations for Christianity. You should read them.

Shouldn't I read Darwin first, then Dawkins? Should I read Dennett too? Who else?

Not reading the greeks because they're pagan is ridiculous. (Especially when it comes to plato. In a sense he was more Christian than most Christians today even though Christianity didn't exist back then. ) even Augustine eould call you out on that. He wrote that the neo platonic philosophy is from upmost importance for the Christian dogma. Yeah and read the god delusion. If you want to own edgy atheists you need to know what your talking about.

If you want to read something contra Dawkins, read his detractors from within the field. There is literally a volume you can buy of a lengthy back and forth between him and Stephen J Gould. Joan Roughgarden’s The Genial Gene is a direct response to The Selfish Gene. Richard Lewontin is another important biologists who was constantly in conflicts with Dawkins. Also if it makes you feel any better, Roughgarden is an outspoken Christian.

Also the Christians love the Greeks, Aquinas spent his whole life basically christianizing Aristotle.

Start with proportions work your way up towards bookchin

Kropotkin

>Darwinism is incompatible with theism

I didn't look at it like that. What should I read?

Americans are genuinely retarded as a nation

Whoops, yes. That's what I meant.

>I want to debunk Darwinists
Do you have a bachelor's, Master and PhD in biology? Those would be the logical first few steps to your ambitious goal.

The field has moved forward enough that refuting Darwin won’t do much ch good anymore. Every weakness in his original works have been addressed and massaged into a more comprehensive understanding of evolution.

>w2.vatican.va/content/pius-xii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-xii_enc_12081950_humani-generis.html

Yeah I dont know why the fuck you think darwinism and theism were in a quarrel. Read this encyclical.

Don't try explaining how science and reasearch work, he won't understand.

>vatican
Well but

That is correct, yes.

The future movement will be to denounce Darwinist evolution, which can never be observed anyway.

>they think Evolution is fool-proof

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA

Step inside an academic building and they will laugh you out of existence for foolishly believing evolution is anything more than a theory. There is a reason it is still unproven retards.

>I want to debunk Darwinists
lol, good luck

>so I think about reading The Dawkins Delusion?
wut

>and Darwin on Trial
Hahahahahahahhahahaha

>There is a reason it is still unproven retards.
But it isn't

>which can never be observed anyway
lol

youtube.com/watch?v=GHI45garS3g

science.sciencemag.org/content/353/6304/1147

>m-muh microevolution

It is you fucking retard. It's a THEORY

vocaroo.com/i/s1osq1Wno3wC

This is comedy gold

>by definition it takes millions of years for it to occur
Try taking a high school biology class

Evolution is not synonymous with natural selection. Natural selection occurs every generation and is one of the causes of evolution, which is also caused by genetic drift, genetic bottlenecks due to natural disasters, physical barriers, etc.

Here's an example of speciation in less than "millions of years", Sorbus evolution in the Avon Gorge:

academic.oup.com/aob/article/111/4/563/115607

onlinelibrary.wiley.com.ezproxy01.rhul.ac.uk/doi/10.1111/j.1365-294X.2010.04585.x/full

>durr I don't have access to those
That's because you're not involved in Biology research and don't know what you're talking about.

>debunking Darwinists
kek
>the greeks were pagans so I'm not going to bother with them
>thinking of reading C.S. Lewis
You do know that most Christian philosopher/theologists (such as Lewis, Chesterton, and St Augustine) were inspired by the Greeks and Romans. Stoics, especially. Marcus Aurelius comes to mind.

This is among the best bait I've seen recently.

nap.edu/catalog/11876/science-evolution-and-creationism

Oh wow a biology major is going to defend the credibility of something he spent thousands of dollars learning about.

I would be butthurt if the thing I spent thousands of dollars on was founded on a theory too.

Astonishing... Are you an American, I bet your an American.

He says as he uses the wrong form of 'you're'.

Yes what a great biologist your