Which disease might I consciously attempt to infect myself with as a means of having a justifiable reason to live the...

Which disease might I consciously attempt to infect myself with as a means of having a justifiable reason to live the truNEET literary lifestyle?

Writers like Kafka, Hubert Selby Jr, Flannery O'Connor, Robert Louis Stevenson, Friedrich Schiller, William Somerset Maugham, Elizabeth Barrett Browning etc all suffered from comfy non-immediately-life-threatening diseases while writing their best works, and thus didn't have to suffer the indignities of a full-time job.

I've thought about tuberculosis for example, but the effort involved in actually catching it seems unreasonable strenuous. Any other suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

drmirkin.com/weekly-ezine-page/franz-kafka-and-tuberculosis.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only intentionally funny post I've ever seen on here.

>Hubert Selby Jr
I'd say you're already infected with cancer

Lurking gor extreme interest, I have been chasing this dragon f8r years OP

Autism

You don't need a disease. You need courage and conviction. I'm a perfectly healthy man who has been NEET for years.

HIV my man

>Writers like Kafka [...]suffered from comfy non-immediately-life-threatening diseases while writing their best works
Kafkas illness made eating too painful to endure and he fucking starved to death.

Ummm, no sweetie:

>"He had been diagnosed with tuberculosis at age 30 and as a result, in August 1917 at age 34 [3], he moved to the small Bohemian village of Zürau to live with his sister on a farm. There he was able to write extensively without being bothered by having to work at a job."

>"This would be remembered by Kafka as the most enjoyable period of his life [4], for despite his illness he was now able to wake in the afternoon as he preferred and write throughout the night. In her letters, Kafka's sister recalls her brother "practically crying tears of joy" as he learned of his diagnosis from Dr. Liepszche. "Never have I seen my brother so contented," she writes to their mother in 1914, "Franz wakes most days shortly after midday and enjoys a long solitary stroll before returning for a hearty lunch and then locks himself away with his books through most of the night. He very much reminds me of a happy child lost in imagination."

drmirkin.com/weekly-ezine-page/franz-kafka-and-tuberculosis.html

>>"This would be remembered by Kafka as the most enjoyable period of his life [4], for despite his illness he was now able to wake in the afternoon as he preferred and write throughout the night. In her letters, Kafka's sister recalls her brother "practically crying tears of joy" as he learned of his diagnosis from Dr. Liepszche. "Never have I seen my brother so contented," she writes to their mother in 1914, "Franz wakes most days shortly after midday and enjoys a long solitary stroll before returning for a hearty lunch and then locks himself away with his books through most of the night. He very much reminds me of a happy child lost in imagination."

wtf i LOVE tuberculosis now
GIVE ME TUBERCULOSIS NOOOOWWWWW

Give us some pointers, please

He doesn't have pointers beyond "live with your daddy well into adulthood".

We are economic auto-didacts, self-taught philosophers and gifted visionaries. While others waste their life labouring under the orders of those who see only material cost in life, we pursue leisure above all else, knowing as we do that leisure and time to oneself is the basis of genius. Despite many people disliking the culture and society they help maintain through their work, and despite understanding now that we have only a single life on earth and that any meaning we attribute to it as the result of self-willed or socially-inculcated ideologies, they continue to wake early and trudge to their jobs for one single reason: Guilt. Throughout time religions have taken advantage of Man's guilt, a guilt experienced for no logical reason except that he unlike other animals is a self-aware being whose abstract thoughts conflict with the apparently practical, rational reality he finds himself a part of. We post-guilt NEETs will not bow to internal or external pressures encouraging us to sacrifice our contentment and sensitive dispositions for the sake of attaining money, or womenfolk. We alone stand proudly, detached from but keenly observant of the slave masses who yell at us for not being as unhappy as they are. We alone, we band of true men, defend our right to live a dignified life against those wishing to deprive of us of it. Yes you can mock, you can criticize, you can echo the demands your masters make upon you. But who is likely to regret their lives more? The noble and dignified NEETs who spend their truly precious time reading, pondering, philosophizing and engaging in critical, urgent debate online? Or the miserable, resentful masses, their eyes bloated and sagged by excess folds of skin, their hair falling out and their gums bleeding from stress, their bowels destroyed by a sedentary lifestyle spent at their desks clicking endlessly while their boss breaths down their necks? This is reality. This is 2017. We are the future.

This thread is real old school Veeky Forums.

This. You can totally keep it under control with todays medicine. Becoming a flamming faggot is surely the most Veeky Forums thing you can do.

HIV doesn't mean you can be NEET since as it is easily controlled now by one pill a day with no symptoms.

Can confirm. I'm pozzed.

Mental illness is the thing these days.

I got myself a schizoid badge and live the comfy NEETbux hermit lifestyle. Haven't done any slave labour since summer 2012. It's great.

One psychiatrist thought I was Schizoid but then they said I was autistic after closer examination.

With me it was exactly the other way around.

Tbh I think schizoid is a more aesthetic word and it is less memed to death as a condition so I prefer it.

It also doesn't mean a whole lot, but when you tell a normie they think of schizophrenia so they are sufficiently convinced you're madman.

Schizoid seems to be used interchangeably with Schizophrenia in a lot of books and movies I have read and seen.

MOSSACK! DISHA, DISHA.

What kind of pointers? The point of being NEET is that it's easy and natural. It's work (and by work I mean employment, not putting forth effort) that's shameful and unnatural.

Nabokov had psoriasis. I've got it too. However it is not fun and it is not contagious, it is chronic.

continued. Although I doubt it gets you out of work or any disability living allowance. It makes me sad sometimes, that I have one life and I am stuck with this shit disease in this shit country that's on the decline.

People see disease as romantic but really its just painful, boring and saddening knowing you have shit genes

You want something which will classify as a disability, but nothing too inconvenient or painful. Preferably something you can fake easily. Various mental illnesses are a choice, but you'd have to be very good at acting in order to fake them well enough to fool a medical professional over a long period of time. Theres also the risk that they might send you to the looney bin which is probably not very comfy.

Amputating a limb might work, preferably just one of your legs so you can still move around somewhat. would be very painful though.

Fatalism can be comfy though.

What so one of your eyes is a little lazy? Man up faggot.

Someone wanting to be removed from normie life so bad they want mental illness diagnosis are generally really weird enough to qualify though.

Worried I might have some early form of that, big patch of skin on my neck keeps going in and out of looking like red lizard skin and some crawling down from the corners of the nape of my scalp.
My doctor didn't make much of it last I checked but I don't trust her

>Man up faggot.

wew lad, it hurts that I can’t live like that

Diogenes

Lazy eyes? What?

Get some fairly plain moisturizer thats cheap. Like Aveeno or something like that. Get some sun on it and eat healthier. It might go away.

lol hate this post so much as someone who is chronically ill and doesn't even get any disability gibs or any perks for it

Paranoid schizophrenia is easy enough to fake and you're probably at an age where symptoms would first start to manifest. Periodic institutionalizations are great for when you're overcome with the need to socialize. Medications can be disposed of with very little effort, or consumed when you're feeling bored. Pick up a copy of the DSM and do a bit of research before getting yourself diagnosed, though. Wouldn't want to go getting yourself slapped with the wrong label!

It is not 2017

I honestly asked myself this last night:
Are NEETS the modern men of leisure?

Think about the leisure men of the past 200 years and the things they enjoyed doing, then consider what they may be doing instead had they been alive in modern day (probably masturbating to cartoon girls too)

You have to understand that only since around the 1950s has there been a socio-economic climate which compels every single individual member of a society to justify their existence in market terms, i.e. according to their function within the market. Whereas in previous eras the notion of a Nation was so easily defined (despite Slavic, Jewish influxes etc) and the social classes was so conspicuously distinct that the upper classes and those of the middle class capable of living a life of leisure needn't have to even justify their lifestyle, in today's world where borders have been destroyed and the majority of people have been lifted from serfdom or trade-bondage (e.g. raised to be a farmer, a blacksmith, a housekeeper etc) into what appears on the face of it to be free market careerism, and various other factors including debt slavery etc...someone just demanded my attention and I lost my focus on what I was saying.

No because 95% of NEETs are not so by choice but forced to be due to them not being able to fulfil a societal job due to some form of deficit that makes it impossible.

inNEETs are failed normies, true, but there are plenty of volNEETs around who unemployed out of sheer passion and dedication to the leisurely life.

You may think you're a volneet whatever that is but you are not really.